IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Prepare for the day ahead by first reviewing previous day's work. Meet and beat SLA's Communicate Stay focused Permanent resolutions Be a team player
I’ve been working for IBM for over 20 years now. I can say I really love my job as a Project Manager. If we work many overtime hours, we are encouraged to take time off to equalize those hours.Even though I can work with my lower and midlevel management, the upper management doesn’t seem to care. Every couple of years, we have to worry if we are in a department that will get sold off or get a buy-out package offered. Since working there, we have had many benefits like Christmas/Holiday bonuses taken away.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Low Stress, Continuing Education
Cons
Upper Management doesn't care about the lower employees, Losing Customers do to no marketing
The people who are your peers at IBM are fantastic - Hardworking, conscious, smart. IBM management/HR are seemingly always trying to reduce headcount or find ways to make your job more challenging. There is no investment in internal structures/systems.
Pros
Peers are great benefits excellent
Cons
Management is awful
- career growth depends often on managers willingness to support you- nice working culture, with fun colleagues and events- great to start you career
IBM needs to improve on some factors, in people management. The first line needs to be more discerning with employees and not favor some. IBM provide improvement course on each service line
work life balance is perfect, flexible work timings, mobile working, management is very good, monthly online training's to keep you updated, Middle management is very good
I enjoyed working there. We worked 13 hour days but only worked 3.5 days a week. It was a challenging project. I was disappointed when the projected ended and there were no other project opportunities available as promised.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Laid-off
Enjoyed working there, nice people, international environment, great carrier opportunities. Good benefits. Flexible working, great team and managers.
Pros
All good
Cons
Good culture and environment , Salary can be improved and band should be more realistic related to work and experience. Some people with low IQ have higher band and higher IQ have lower band which is not right
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Czech biased
Consultant are required to work considerable amounts of overtime hours to make their incompetent Project Manager, Associate Partner/Partners look good. You are part of the Machine - get it done fast or get run over.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Top rated organization for many reasons, including but not limited too the recruit the best and develop their talent. The campus and culture are a great fit.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Good for learning louzy salaries high pressure.Learn, achieve, grow and move to somewhere you get a fair payment. Good chance to work with other countries.
IBM is the most flexible job I've ever had. They allow you to work from home if necessary and encourage all employees to continue to learn new things to become SMEs. You feel like you learn something new everyday. They have built a thriving community within the company. Management makes time to listen to your needs and provides constructive criticism to help you grow. Time flies by, you will have to work hard though.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, ping pong table, big office space
Cons
Effort not equal to rewardManagement more interested in managing upward than downward leaving teams leaderless in a lot of casesLayoffs are not performance based and performed in a dishonest manner
Low Salary. Management is bureaucratic. work from home is the only perk. Salary is below market expectations and very bad. Flexible work hours are good.
Great staff at the technical levels. IBM's reputation seems to earn it some solid Government contracts. However... I should have taken the obvious hint the universe was trying to send, when the interviewer for the first interview arrived 30 minutes after the appointment time, and didn't seem to know what was going on. Accepted a senior management role, but within a month or two it became obvious the role was surplus to requirements. Let go after five months with little support or direction, and wondering why I was hired. IBM Ballarat has a close relationship with Federation University, so be prepared to work with students in "Earn and Learn" programs - this is both a pro and a con. Workplace is distant from the Ballarat CBD, with not many facilities close by.
Pros
Great technical people. Good training if you can find it.
Cons
Micromanagement, sprawling hierarchy, no onsite HR.
I was with IBM for 20+ years. In those years I had many different Project Manager Roles in many different organizations. In my early days I worked onsite, but for the last 19 I worked remote. This created huge flexibility options, but also left me out on my own deserted island. I focused on my job and client success, but sacrificed my career by not learning as much as I could. There was little time for training, and over the years more was expected of me. As a result, education had to take a back seat. Over the past 10 years IBM has changed (or at least my perception), to less concerned about the employee and more on revenue. I know IBM needs to be competitive, but its unfortunate it has to be at the expense of the employee.
Pros
flexible work-life balancing
Cons
Remote isolation
You’re a cog in a machine Nothing more If you’re rude and stand on the shoulders of everyone else on your way up the corporate ladder then you will do well
You need to have God Father, else no matter how much smart, intelligent and productive you are, you will get very less/no appraisal. You need to know how to butter your people manager, that's all.
Pros
Only Brand name
Cons
Politics, Favorism, knowingly putting someone in RED state project and then blaming him or her for the state.
Great place to work with good work/life balance. Good Management structure in place. Able to work at home on own initiative. Good working conditions.
As a project manager employed through an agency I would have defined progress meeting to attend each day as well as meeting by myself would have scheduled. The overall Management was excellent, and enabled working remotely and at an hot desk office. I enjoyed all aspects of working with IBM
Pros
The Team I worked with were excellent and we got the job done