IBM Employee Reviews for Sales Specialist

I started working at IBM with no sales experience and was taken aboard and taught sales skills with the IBM Sales School it was intense and demanding school I have ever experienced. They taught me about pricing, negotiating contract writing. The culture is diverse and impowering.
There is huge potential to learn at IBM and it was an incredible experience. There was a lot of international travel and international exposure to experts.
In my 1 year and 7 months at IBM I have learned skills such as my ability to communicate well; Ability to work cross functional and lead volume transactions while properly managing pipeline and being able to forecast accurately. In addition, being the Brand Sales Specialist for System and Technology Group where I am responsible for Power Systems Business within an assigned territory, has enabled me to take ownership and accountability of some projects while leveraging an extended IBM team and Business Partners. This work experience has not just taught me how to develop strong relationships with business partners, customers at all levels and internal stakeholders but also to possess strong work ethics and be fully compliant to organizational guidelines. The most challenging part of my role is prospecting on cold calls, however I enjoy to engage and provide solutions to my clients and ensuring that my solutions add significant value into their business.
Best job security but the job culture was very cold and conservative. job life balance was also not accommodating as well as flexible enough.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
  1. Sales Specialist