IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Typical blue-chip company with good pay and very good benefits. IT professionals are usually exposed to a variety of proprietary and open source software. A very beneficial corporate experience.
More than a decade long at IBM one thing that remains constant is the weekend work required before the release. It's getting worse and worse as they kept reinventing the wheel. People I work with are beyond awesome but lacking life/work balance is painful. Don't count on bonus and raise as they barely match inflation. Health benefits are subpar compared to the industry. Massage was removed because they said we don't use it. Yet it was the most used among the colleagues I talked to. Most benefit categories are $150 to $300.
Pros
Flex hours and people
Cons
Lacking life/work balance
IBM was the first career job I had out of college. It was happy to find a job at a big company where I thought as a fish in a big pond I'd have room to excel. What I discovered about IBM is that they are extremely penny-pinching when it comes to work and compensation. As a Global Business Services employee I was expected to work at least 44 hours, sometimes as much as 60 hours, and was still expected to work on proposals on the side. I was never able to obtain any promotions, raises, or bonuses at the company except by deliberately switching to a different departments.
Pros
work remotely, well recognized company
Cons
long work hours, difficult to advance, outdated technologies
IBM is a very dysfunctional organization. I would not encourage you to apply or work there unless you value process over productivity, posturing over transparency, and bureaucracy over technology.
Pros
Flex time means you can work any 24 hours a day you choose
Cons
Everything is an emergency, endless meetings disguised as Agile
When you have a project it's great but things have slowed down a lot recently. The constant fear of layoffs makes every day a joy....make of that what you will
IBM has a multitude of options for defining your own career. Airways offering the option of moving to be roles/challenges. They provide a multitude of ways to learn and educate yourself in a variety of areas. The downsides are more limited to being a massive company. There's always multiple levels of corporate red tape to get things changed. The physical sites are on the older side lacking many modern amenities of newer tech companies
Pros
Career mobility, learning opportunities
Cons
Facilities are stuck in the 80s
Love working here! The pay is great and the learning is amazing.I have been able to work on several very engaging projects while working here. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and open everyone was. Everyone is willing to help you succeed!
Cons
It was good learning experience with IBM. Good ambience and colleagues were really helpful and friendly. Management was appreciative and approachable.
The Company has a good work-life balance and growth opportunities. The bad part is that there is a lot of politics in the management and it's not very supportive.
First of all let me start by saying in my 3+ years at IBM never once did I encounter a manager or colleague who harassed me or someone else at the company. People are full of integrity, respect, and really do value work-life balance. I worked as a software engineer on the GBS team which was unique in how flexible it was. You need to travel to client sites (at least pre-covid), and my day can range from a couple hours of work to working until 5AM (only happened once or twice though). Not a single manager or product manager ever micro-managed me or made me feel uncomfortable. The 4 stars instead of 5 has to do a bit with the "old school" culture. I was oftentimes pushed to travel to client sites for even just a few days. It was fun the first few times, but after some time it was a waste of time, energy, and money. I felt the justification behind it was mainly around "this is how it always has been" which I think says something about how IBM is a bit "stuck in the times". Regardless, I would recommend IBM as a great place to work, especially to younger candidates early in their career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Old-School mentality
As s part of IBM India software lab , excellent work culture. Competitive products to work on, many learning avenues. Lots of senior talented people around to work with and collaborate.
Pros
Already mentioned, nothing more to add.
Cons
You need to network a lot to go higher up in ladder. Not best in salary as per industry standards.
한국IBM에서 신입사원으로 챠용이 되어 근무를 시작한 1988년애는 국내애서 주5일근무를 시행하고 있던 곳은 미국대사관과 I한국BM뿐이었음.한국IBM은 IBM이 추구하는 기업이념인 '개인존중'문화룰 바탕으로 하여 '완전성추구' 및 '기업의 사회적 책임'등을 강조하는 IBM기업윤리이념을 바탕으로 하여 매우 합리적이고 이성적인 기업문화를 가지고 있음.
Nice and excellent place, wonderful environment and projects to work.No stress and very flexible work timings
I worked at IBM for over a decade and every year we were fearing about the layoff. They don't value good employees and only care about politics. For over a decade salary never changed, not considered for promotion. Tons of layoffs every year and immediately replacing them with fresh graduates/interns.
Pros
Work schedule/location flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Rating of lady employees and Male employee are done at the same pace. Lot of regional politics makes a women employee rated badly. Diversity only in slogans not in reality
very motivational in every aspect..good flexibility to employees.. good place for developing personal skills and professional skills..A lot of events been held to relieve from stress..
Worst place to start the work. No job security. Differences between permanent and contract employees. Contract Employees are sometimes hired for a duration of 1 month or even 15 days and the released from projects to just show billing to the client.
Pros
Food
Cons
No Job Security, Differences between permanent and contract employees
Technology driven company. Opportunities within the organization to grow Cross Geo teams helping to work in a cross culture environment Engaged in University Relationship progrnas
IBM is a great place to work. It is really hard to say something bad about the company itself. The only thing that motivated me to leave was that the work culture with certain clients I worked with was opposite to what they preach in some of their marketing. It really depends on what kind of client you are working with and what kind of managers you'll have.
Pros
Parties, technical events, technical courses, good pay, nice infrastructure
Cons
Not be able to enjoy any events
Salary is a bit on the lower end for the area. Not enough for a decent 1 bedroom apartment on my own. Work/Life balance okay, could be better. I managed to work remotely every other Friday. But I think this really depends on your project manager. Start times were flexible. Some people on our team got in before 8am others come in after 9am. I worked in the CIC which is separate to mainline IBM. Its basically just Java/JavaScript roles with a few others so not much opportunity for other stuff. But I managed to work on a few new technologies. So it depends on your project really. People there are really nice. Get on with them all and a really good culture. Management really started to annoy me though. I joined as a graduate and I thought there would be a project lined up but I ended up on the bench for 3 months doing loads and loads of online e-learning. The free courses on udemy were good but most of the time you didn't get a choice of stuff to learn either. They want you to learn whatever the current/upcoming projects will use. Including salesforce. After a while it gets stressful though because you get asked everyday what did you do to find/apply to a project. There were hardly any available though and you run out of projects to apply to then they get mad that you didn't apply to any that day. They then started trying to get people who joined as developers to be testers and thats when things started taking off. Loads of the graduates just started leaving, because theres nothing to do. Don't get me wrong you can just keep learning and learning and still get paid but after - more...
any can go to ibm its super organization. any can try for ibm its super and work life is also good all people are supporting and not pressure u will face there
  1. Software Engineer