IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Software Engineer in Hopewell Junction, NY

Prestigious company with strong culture and values. Excellent place to learn and grow technically. Very strong heritage and still a current power house in semiconductor research and development. Leading company globaly in issued patents. Great work life balance. Solid management. However IBM corporation has been seeking to reduce dependence on hardware and focus more on software and services business. Therefore the future of IBM microelectronics division is somewhat foggy.
Pros
technical career path, work life balanace, learning opportunities
Cons
healthcare benefits
Working for International Business Machines was a very rewarding career. I would like to be involved with that work environment for my next full or part-time position, as I have had many years with IBM starting with Manufacturing and working my way to Engineering Technician. I have had experience with Poughkeepsie, NY, IBM production line and also a failure analysis laboratory. When I transferred to IBM in the East Fishkill, NY, site, I then learned the world of semiconductor manufacturing and worked with development engineering on new products and also took on additional responsibilities throughout my career.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and expand one's knowledge base.