IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Supply Chain Specialist

It is a great place to work for a person fresh out of school, but it is not a place that you build a career.
As a consultant you get the typical long hours and client demands associated with any IT project. STAY AWAY from the CIC unless this is your absolute last pathway for employment. Management could care less about your own personal job growth and will assign you to whatever is most profitable. Pay was way under industry standards and promotions take a long time to come by. That being said if you are looking for a very entry level position and under average pay this can be a place to pick up some skills to be introduced to the workforce. High turnover rate is very common and freshers are always being hired it seems. Understand the difference between IBM core and the delivery center beforehand.
Pros
Flexible work depending on projects, Opportunity to learn the industry
Cons
Long hours, Underwhelming pay, Management was subpar
Good interview process. Initial screening will be done by company HR. Next round will be the technical round conducted by technical team which will be a video conference. Once we are through technical round, management round will be done and offer will be provided with in 2 days.
IBM is a people oriented company, and constantly remind each employee of trust and personal responsibility, and integrity. We need to refresh the annual business conduct guideline education. IBM HR and functional management continually encourage all employees to increase their professional skill sets via eLearning. Every employee has to complete a minimum of 40 hours on-line learning per year. Quarterly performance checkpoint is systematically tracked in a HR tool.
Pros
work from home, management directed time-off
Cons
multi tasking, tight project schedules
IBM is a great place to work. I worked as a Worldwide Supply Chain Planner which was a very busy, results-driven job. Daily interface with many in the department, as well as offshore plants in Japan, Hungary & Singapore. Must be comfortable making many Excel charts, management presentations and be on top of the daily requests and inventory of your high-volume product line. You get a real feel for the global process.
ERP implementations/support engagements are stressful (more so since past 2-3 years). Earlier, the management was better however now due to market pressures, this is being felt in deliverance of projects.
IBM is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for everybody to gain a lot of new experience and find areas where a person can be really strong performer.
Good work place, working with a lot of colleagues from a lot of countries. Good management. I loved my job there, I had the opportunity to grow and learn as well.
It was good to work at IBM. I like work flexibility, culture and many things at IBM. I will recommond IBM for a work and their product. Great people, culture and company.
A typical day of work was administrating contracts for clients, before and after sale. I learned a huge amount at IBM, when I started I couldn't even write an email in English, and I left leading business meetings with people around the world in German.
Pros
Huge number of opportunities, great training for employees
Cons
Long hours on quarter ends
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
constantly restructuring and no focused on the clients. To many internal processes block progress. Good at leveraging their spend in procurement and globally.
I worked at IBM for 32 years and this company was a great company to work for with work life balance and many opportunities for career growth and advancement
Pros
Great work life environment
Cons
Stressful work tasks
IBM is one of the premier US companies to work at. The opportunities are abundant, and the culture is second to none.
I used to work in the office, had a desk and 23 emploeyess responding to me. I learned a lot about leadership by example, how to create and correct invoices, accounts receivable, project management and administratives functions. I used to host calls with people in different parts of the world to solve issues.
Pros
Opportunities, lot to learn, big company
Cons
Big company with different kinds of management styles
Compensation/Benefits are great, Job security is the scary part.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
understaffed
Overall Good experience, working at this company is good, having good work culture, ethics & lot of online skill development programs
Pros
Havng career options only in head office.