IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Support Staff

The work environment are awesome. Most of the time we are working at our own pace. Management fair but stern. Work was challenging at times. I was able to run a team with very little over sight. The benefits were amazing.
Acquire and fire. I heard the phase, but I chose to be optimistic. That was my mistake. I was offered the position as part of an acquisition of a nationwide IT service department. We were promised so much; career discussions, opportunities to lateral movement, etc. Then my manager told me that I was "too good to lose". So I saw much less qualified colleagues move to gushy jobs in lazy departments, and then I saw that same manager get laid off and I was stranded in a dead end. They downsized skilled technicians to hire cheap entry level labor and my work load tripled. We all knew we weren't wanted and were seen as an expense in need of being dropped, which is eventually what happened. Luckily I got out before that time came.Ultimately IBM is a company who can't get out of its own way and refuses to hear any other points of view, even if it means their demise.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
They think they own you.
The people were the best part. People on the job that I worked with were great. Felt like a part of the family there. Enjoyed working to help the ones at Walmart. Most of the associates were easy to work with.For such a large company as IBM is, I would expect better pay and benefits.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Healthcare and salary was a bit lower than expected from IBM
Office Building was bad with no facility .Canteen was very bad. Area around office was also pathetic. Salary and increment was also bad. No fun activity along with work.
Very busy work schedule. Carried on call pager 7X24. Always available to provide support to team on and off shore. Had very good relation with team members and management
The upper management at IBM are clueless. They set goals that are impossible to achieve and then blame the peons when we fail. They lay off highly skilled employees only to replace them with low end contract workers who have zero experience. It's a fine place to work in your 20s and 30s but if you have any aspirations of retiring, from here, you can forget about it.
ibm has gotten so concerned about being PC and screaming forward with whatever next idea pooped into someone's head ( and no there was not a typo) that they forget the people working for them are human and they make business decisions that do not benefit the humans that work for them.
It has a good work life balance. Very flexible hours. Great management team.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Cons
Always on-call for client issues
A typical work day would be reviewing previous shift logs,email, meetings with operation team, management, support staff and clients. Proving support to operations where needed,
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
What can I say, IBM will always be IBM. The Blue Collar giant it is, it was very nice to be working along very knowledgeable and sharing co-workers. Everyone had the 'take one for the team' mentality
Very good management support. Support for career movements and guidance. Good colleagues. As a european centre the culture was very good. Overall a great place to work.
Good place to work. Salary is higher than the average for Bulgaria. One of the best IBM office building in the whole world. Recommended, also good for the CV
Nothing I need to share - Company is good for those who enjoy it and its not good for those who don't enjoy it. Not sure why this is required just to setup an account
My dream job and company where I worked upon. I worked there for almost 9 years and I loved to work there. Work environment is excellent, while management is very supportive. Thanks
Very fast paced environment. Great benefits. Generous vacation time. Manager is a great person to work for. Been an employee for four years and I have no regrets.
At the start of this job things were good. Gradually each year you had benefits removed, expenses removed, bonuses stopped, health care costs sky rocketed, advancement chances were practically null.
Pros
Wlb
Cons
everything else
Diversified product set allowed you to move around within company, and to different sites, and advance while still accruing benefits.
Pros
Diversified product set
The people are friendly and the environment is nice. The location is rather far from the center and traffic is terrible in the morning
A great place to work. Good atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. Enjoyed learning new and updated equipment and interacting with customers across the US,
I truly enjoyed working with IBM. The flaws are in the 4 years I was there, there were no pay increases, promotions and guarantee of extended employment due to constant layoffs world wide. I would like to find a company I can grow and mature with long term.
*Sent out Claims *Sorted and distributed the mail. *Scanned paperwork for workers comp and No Fault Claims *Mailed out Secondary claims *Moved deposits within accounts *Prepared EOB's into files for ease of access *Adhere to all Medical groups policies and procedures *Pulled medical records when needed.