IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Systems Administrator

Log all the defects found in to the defects logging system. Test if all the specifications have been met and the template has been developed
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
You do valuable work for the clientsHowever that being said that may or may not be of value to IBMWhile they say that the clients satisfaction is priority that is not always what is meantOften the work preformed may be classified as out of scope or part of scope creep, even though it has always been preformed in the pastSort of a nickel and dimeing way to get more money from a client, now this is not always the case, but it did happen on several account I worked in and saw personally Over all I enjoyed my job at IBM and would recommend it, but I would say it is NOT the IBM of the past, say pre 1990 where IBM was one of the top companies to work for
Pros
Great resources and compensation
Cons
Top management and businesses plans are not always aligned with what the company currently does
I am proud to be an iBMer and have had fair to good experience and management is friendly nature. I learnt lot many things. Good work environment and culture. Team mates are very supportive and management is transparent
Very good company. Flexible hours and Lunch break. Good Management. An equal Opportunity Employer. Treat very well. Allow work from Home. Clean Environment. Good Management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch Breaks
Most of the managers are people who screwed up. The mantra at IBM is if you screw up you move up. There are no bonuses or raises unless you are an executive. No appreciation of the "resources". They make you move to another city only to have you terminated.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
Management could care less about their "resources"
They have lost their vision of what they want to be. They were a world class hardware maker, and then they decided that hardware was not a money maker, so they jettisoned it for their storage group - that was a major disaster so tey jettisoned it and then they decided to be a software developer. Well, the problem is that the world was already developing software incuding the mom and pop joints who were doing it better than IBM's lethargic and sorry methodology.The best part - is that they decided that they needed to send their development overseas to enemies of the US - and they blamed US programmers who had to clean the trash up on the failire.
Pros
You get paid well to do nothing
Cons
Self Imposed deadlines to prove it can't be done in the US, and then 90% of the deadline work never is productive - it is just busywork for pay.
Workung at I B M is great.Friendly, kind and caring environment.Knowledge transfer and work documents are easy to follow.Managers and other staff is well behaved and ready to co-operate.
Day to day working activities and dealing with stories and spints. I enjoyed my work place with very good and supportive team members. Checking the logs and building ci/cd pipelines
dont care about you as a person, fired over 20k people worldwide during global pandemic. I learned that management doesnt care about your career and they fire top performers.
iBM was the worst company I ever worked for in my IT career.They're no raises or bonuses despite that the CEO is one of the highest paid CEOs in the world. The teams I worked on or with are severely understaffed. Upper management does not care about their employees and seem to have no real idea whats going on with the company. I spent 90% of my time with meetings and change approvals and only 5% of my time doing actual work. I had no real support and felt like I was thrown to the wolves. The tools and products were sub-par.Worst of all they do layoffs and forced furloughs every quarter.
Pros
IBM looks good on a resume.
Cons
Everything else
Jobs at IBM
Systems Administrator positions
See more jobs
Nice place to work, collaborative and good support from the team as well as manager. The good work culture we can learn more from the senior team members.
Cons
IBM provides lot of options for learning. They provide numerous trainings free of cost and have a portal for learning where there are many courses for upskilling. Professional growth is moderate or rather slow. Work culture is Average.
Enjoyed and learned a lot while working with client and peers. Coworkers helped me to be at ease while working. Also, they allowed us to work at home and remotely so that we can still connect with our clients and work seamlessly with our tasks.
too much workload, low quality of management. no more work life balance. will push too much work. you will learn but while learning you will get tired
Good for people who will join with few years experience other than joining as fresher.I joined as a fresher i could change my position but the hikes were not that satisfactory when compared to the market but girls have the flexibility in doing work
The jobs in IBM are pretty stable. The people were nice to work with. They don't easily letgo people bit they they are very specific about their company policy and regarding security policies and if you happen to not follow them specially the security policies and codes, they will let you go like no other.
Pros
Stable jobs, big company, lots of learning and great people
Cons
Very limited remote option
Productive, Competitive and learning. Worked on a project which needed skill set of Windows and VMware. Project was completed successfully before deadline.
Job work / Life balance No opportunity for promotion or advancement No structure for pay raises or evaluations Contract work with no retirement benefits or affordable health insurance
I worked in IBM India for 3 years here are some of the prons of the company. 1) Lots of learning 2) Good work life balance 3) Work environment is good
I manage the iSeries (AS400) servers for different US clients. Values are most important thing for the company. It is outstanding to be part of our iSeries Tech Support team.
Flexible work environment. Freedom to work and express our ideas. Easy to communicate with Management and express our views and concerns which will be addressed asap.
  1. Systems Administrator