IBM
3,9 out of 5 stars.

IBM Employee Reviews for Test Engineer

The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries. The company began in 1911, founded in Endicott, New York, as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) and was renamed "International Business Machines" in 1924. IBM is incorporated in New York.
Excellent , good work life balance, the management is awesome , learning scope is infinite, onsite opportunities are good for experienced people. Healthy and friendly team mates.
Pros It feels like family being there. Team mates help each other with deliveries. Good place to learn new technologies and leadership quality Cons Low salary hike even after giving more than 100 percent
It's a great place to work with. The learning experience is also great. As this is the first employer i call it my parent company. One should work with IBM at least once in a life time
Good to work learn more , women’s flexible work environment Be IBMer great-full Good growth in the company Learn different IBM own toolset can manage work and family together
A great place to work and learn. Always surrounded by intellectual engineers who are willing to share their experience and learning. High expectations and good work life balance.
You will get lots of learning opportunities,exposure to work on latest technologies n in different different domain.You also gets facilities like work form home option.
Pros
work environment
Cons
hikes
Good company to work with. There is proper work life balance. Management is keen to understand the issues of employees.Pay is good enough. Growth map is provided for all employees
I joined IBM as a fresher in 2012. I was trained on Teradata and Informatica. But, I was not assigned a project on those technologies. I was put on Manual testing. I was not at all happy about that. Also, there is a rule in IBM that once assigned to an account, you should continue to work for that account for 18 months. I had to stay put in that account for 18 months before I could change to a different account. It was Manual testing of a tool specific to a client. I did well and was awarded for excellent performance by the account within 1 year. But then, the nature of work was the same was more than a year. I felt the kind of work I was doing would lead me nowhere as there was no technology involved and it was a client-specific tool. The People Manager of the team I was in gave me a hard time. I worked in the afternoon shift for a year. Later, the People Manager wanted me to work during the US business hours. I was reluctant and so he was not happy with me. He was very bossy and nobody in the team was ever happy with him. Since I was not too happy with the work and the manager and I was not sure if I would get a release from the account after 18 months, I decided to quit and I did. So, I had a small stint of 1.5 years with IBM. Its a good company to work with if you have a supporting People Manager and a good project. I had neither. But, I will always be proud of having been a part of such a huge organization.
I really enjoy working at IBM. The staff is very helpful, and I believe they really try to diversify the employees. Good benefits, and I especially love their healthcare.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
good advancement will working for IBM was there 20 years and advanced every few years company was sold several times with a job position each time .
IBM Chip manufacturing located in up state VT. Friendly helpful co-workers serving the local community. Clean air. Recreational opportunities. Now owned by Global Foundries.
Good working culture. Good opportunity to learn new software and more OS. Good learn new tools. Friendly atmosphere. Easy access to hardware and good support team to get the testing infrastructure.
diversity and inclusion are not policies and programs, they have been integral to our habits, practices, and purpose for more than 100 years. One question we continually ask: What is needed today that we didn’t see before?
Pros
good place to work is beeter to others place
Cons
the
I was working at IBM full-time (More than a year) Pros Great work place. We can Learn and explore a lot. Cons Everything is good. No Concerns . Advice to Management NA
It wasn't very stressful, contributing to good work/life balance. However, this did mean that there wasn't a lot going on and work sometimes felt stagnant.
IBM used to be a great company to work for. Now there are layoffs every quarter. Forget about a yearly bonus. The work was fun and I learned a lot . Too bad they are getting out of the hardware business.
IBM is good ,i am working with a third party contractor,which i am not satisfied to work with.Proper hikes are not provided.So i am willing to change to permanent company.
Its a wonderful company.It has perfect working environment.It has have mandatory hours to work .The management is great and friendly.The work pressure depends on the project you work for.IBM provides small term courses to its employees.
Although much of the owrk here was very repetitive, it also enabled you to find other areas within the company for you to progress into. I worked in stores, testing, auditing in clean rooms and therefore became an extreemenly flexible worker
Pros
A great friendly working environment
Cons
Long hours and shifts
The job required many different skills. Technical: being familiar with Linux, Windows, AIX, IBM technology. Project Management: scheduling and managing resources that were involved in testing a clients application. Working within the team, the client and IBM stakeholders that funded our organization.
Pros
Ability to work with diverse applications
Cons
Work life imbalance due to working and communicating with clients worldwide