IBM logo

3,9Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 30 819 reviews

Not a Good Company to Work For

Not a Good Company to Work For Was Retrenched and a new Person employed after me. No Benefits and Lack of comminucation from managers to I.T Guys.....

N/a

Poor management, too many processes and policies which makes tasks and projects inefficient and non profitable. HR unhelpful, extremely demanding working conditions. No salary increases, no company year end functions or team building.

Productive and Stressfull Environment

Throughout the stress and pressure, IBM is by far the best organization in terms of career growth. Excellent career opportunities. Non compensated extra hours but great development opportunites

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Non Compensated extra hours

Welk okee.

Op je werk aangekomen de computer opstarten, bakkie koffie erbij, applicaties openen en wachten op de je eerste foutmelding. Rustig blijven al het probleem wordt uitgelegd en analytisch meedenken om tot vervolgens tot een oplossing te komen. Oplossing uitzetten en bij resultaat de cliënt informeren dat het probleem is opgelost. Management kwam je alleen mee in aanraking als het bedrijfstechnisch was. Bedrijfscultuur was typisch Amerikaans. Wat moeilijk was, was de rust op de afdeling bewaren als er niks te doen was. Het leukste waren de collega’s waarmee je buiten het werk mee dingen ondernam.

Pros

Trainingen en inspiratie.

Cons

Onervaren collega’s op de werkvloer die het verpesten voor de andere collega’s.

A Global company with good benefits

Excellent company to work for with great benefits.Room for promotion global.Good working condtions.One can work from home if approved by business unit.

Professional company

As stated before , IBM offers a career for those willing to walk the walk and talk the talk . Its a great company and treats its customers , business partners , competitors and employees with respect.

Pros

Professsional

Cons

Salary not always great

IBM Salary

I Loved working for IBM, only the salary is not enough to live on and have a medical aid and have a pension for old age .Cant build up anything only enough for rent and food

Pros

no pro's

Cons

Very little money

Workplace culture is awesome

Great canteen for the best coffee and food throughout the day. Work/life balance is tested by the high level of work requirements, but time off is given when worked too much.

Pros

good salary

Cons

overtime is too much

Salaries and Career growth

I have been in the company for 9 years now, and I have seen much career growth and opportunities , but there is the problem with salaries increases and bonuses., the are not growing as expected, that why some of us still have low salaries but but high experience when comes to work

Work life balance

IBM offers you the opportunity to work wherever you are which benefits the Work Life balance aspect of our daily lives. It is a great environment , which encourages independence whilst promoting teamwork .

Jobs at IBM

See more jobs

Good stable company to work for, intense work culture.

Shift work, 24/7 mainframe operations environment. Hands on managerial approach and good professional work culture. Hardest part of the job are the long hours, huge workload and stress. Good people, international company with good perks.

Pros

Good perk

Cons

Long Hours, work every weekend

Ok company

Intern, I was doing my testing as a they kept extending my contract for short periods andi needed more than the time they were giving with no benefits

Pros

Training

Cons

No permanant

Flexibility (work life balance)

IBM was a great company to have worked at. It allowed me to grow and develop my skills. Some good benefits such as flexibility to work remotely, ability to travel internationally, work on major projects and gaining much exposure to markets outside SA.

Pros

Work hours flexibility and ability to work from work, no micro management

Cons

Currently job instability

IBM is a highly recognise campany

IBM is a global company .work life balance is highly recommended working tools are a priority to ensure that work is done wherever you are as long as dead lines are archived and audit ratings are met.Good salary and benefits as per your performs ratings .as the company is highly recognised jobs are highly secured..Management at IBM is mostly remote due to work life and balance

Pros

independency self drive

Cons

Always working at other companies

Working at IBM is a risky business

The Gains you got here were purely academic as you can learn a lot and gain experience, however favouritism and nepotism along with bad management very quickly deteriorates any notions of working for a big brand IT company such as IBM. I dedicated 5 year of my life to the job as a contractor until i was unethically made redundant without any option to be made permanent. The shift structure, inept and unfair management, stress levels and general lack of appreciation we worked with left me and many others, dealing with many serious medical problems including and not limited to Diabetes, sleep apnoeia and Hypertension. the Salary package was not great either

Pros

Experience, very little else

Cons

Too many to mention

Productive workplace

IBM allows there employees to grow and exposing them to new and challenging information. There are huge amount of opportunities to the employee if they are willing to go the extra mile.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Flexible working hours a nice-to-have

The usual mix of meetings, e-mails, on-line messages keeps one pretty busy apart from the actual work that needs to be done. Open-plan arrangement very noisy with little regard for the presence of others who may need silence at times when critical work needs to be performed. Managers are not 'leaders'. Hardest part of the jobs is the lack of recognition (both in terms of encouragement and compensation) Most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours (within certain limitations of core-hours and job requirements, etc)

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Low compensation, low level of recognition and/or motivation

Nice work environment

Working for IBM is a very exciting opportunity and I feel myself glad, that I have this experience. The colleagues are fantastics, there is an excellent team work between the different departments. Unfortunately the chance to develop and to grow is very limited. Also the salary/benefits were not really matching the amount of work I did every day, to provide excellent service to the users.

Pros

good experiences

Cons

low salary

Great company to work for

IT Consulting firm spend most of the time at the client's office Great team and management at the site all the time

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Clients' working hours

Fun workplace, yet proffessional

This is a part time job and the flexibility I enjoy is a huge bonus.

Pros

Flexable hours

Cons

Far from home

Fun but challenging

My typical day at work involves checking daily updates on our execution plans for education across MEA...Check payments have been made to our suppliers. Regular meetings with the team from porcurement to our administrators...to our catering team..check Purchase Orders delayed and approvals.My most enjoyable part of the job is when I engage with executives in high level meetings to give them updates or raise issues which I encounter on a regular basis
  • IBM