Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa176 reviews
Not a Good Company to Work For
Was Retrenched and a new Person employed after me.

No Benefits and Lack of comminucation from managers to I.T Guys.....
1,0
Poor management, too many processes and policies which makes tasks and projects inefficient and non profitable. HR unhelpful, extremely demanding working conditions. No salary increases, no company year end functions or team building.
3,0
Throughout the stress and pressure, IBM is by far the best organization in terms of career growth.
Excellent career opportunities.
Non compensated extra hours but great development opportunites
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Non Compensated extra hours
2,0
Op je werk aangekomen de computer opstarten, bakkie koffie erbij, applicaties openen en wachten op de je eerste foutmelding.
Rustig blijven al het probleem wordt uitgelegd en analytisch meedenken om tot vervolgens tot een oplossing te komen.
Oplossing uitzetten en bij resultaat de cliënt informeren dat het probleem is opgelost.
Management kwam je alleen mee in aanraking als het bedrijfstechnisch was.

Bedrijfscultuur was typisch Amerikaans.

Wat moeilijk was, was de rust op de afdeling bewaren als er niks te doen was.

Het leukste waren de collega’s waarmee je buiten het werk mee dingen ondernam.
Pros
Trainingen en inspiratie.
Cons
Onervaren collega’s op de werkvloer die het verpesten voor de andere collega’s.
5,0
Excellent company to work for with great benefits.Room for promotion global.Good working condtions.One can work from home if approved by business unit.
5,0
As stated before , IBM offers a career for those willing to walk the walk and talk the talk . Its a great company and treats its customers , business partners , competitors and employees with respect.
Pros
Professsional
Cons
Salary not always great
1,0
I Loved working for IBM, only the salary is not enough to live on and have a medical aid and have a pension for old age .Cant build up anything only enough for rent and food
Pros
no pro's
Cons
Very little money
5,0
Great canteen for the best coffee and food throughout the day. Work/life balance is tested by the high level of work requirements, but time off is given when worked too much.
Pros
good salary
Cons
overtime is too much
4,0
I have been in the company for 9 years now, and I have seen much career growth and opportunities , but there is the problem with salaries increases and bonuses., the are not growing as expected, that why some of us still have low salaries but but high experience when comes to work
3,0
IBM offers you the opportunity to work wherever you are which benefits the Work Life balance aspect of our daily lives.

It is a great environment , which encourages independence whilst promoting teamwork .
3,0
Shift work, 24/7 mainframe operations environment.
Hands on managerial approach and good professional work culture.

Hardest part of the job are the long hours, huge workload and stress.
Good people, international company with good perks.
Pros
Good perk
Cons
Long Hours, work every weekend
2,0
Intern, I was doing my testing as a they kept extending my contract for short periods andi needed more than the time they were giving with no benefits
Pros
Training
Cons
No permanant
4,0
IBM was a great company to have worked at. It allowed me to grow and develop my skills. Some good benefits such as flexibility to work remotely, ability to travel internationally, work on major projects and gaining much exposure to markets outside SA.
Pros
Work hours flexibility and ability to work from work, no micro management
Cons
Currently job instability
5,0
IBM is a global company .work life balance is highly recommended working tools are a priority to ensure that work is done wherever you are as long as dead lines are archived and audit ratings are met.Good salary and benefits as per your performs ratings .as the company is highly recognised jobs are highly secured..Management at IBM is mostly remote due to work life and balance
Pros
independency self drive
Cons
Always working at other companies
2,0
The Gains you got here were purely academic as you can learn a lot and gain experience, however favouritism and nepotism along with bad management very quickly deteriorates any notions of working for a big brand IT company such as IBM.
I dedicated 5 year of my life to the job as a contractor until i was unethically made redundant without any option to be made permanent. The shift structure, inept and unfair management, stress levels and general lack of appreciation we worked with left me and many others, dealing with many serious medical problems including and not limited to Diabetes, sleep apnoeia and Hypertension.

the Salary package was not great either
Pros
Experience, very little else
Cons
Too many to mention
4,0
IBM allows there employees to grow and exposing them to new and challenging information. There are huge amount of opportunities to the employee if they are willing to go the extra mile.
Pros
Working from home
2,0
The usual mix of meetings, e-mails, on-line messages keeps one pretty busy apart from the actual work that needs to be done.
Open-plan arrangement very noisy with little regard for the presence of others who may need silence at times when critical work needs to be performed.

Managers are not 'leaders'.

Hardest part of the jobs is the lack of recognition (both in terms of encouragement and compensation)
Most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible hours (within certain limitations of core-hours and job requirements, etc)
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Low compensation, low level of recognition and/or motivation
5,0
Working for IBM is a very exciting opportunity and I feel myself glad, that I have this experience.
The colleagues are fantastics, there is an excellent team work between the different departments.

Unfortunately the chance to develop and to grow is very limited.
Also the salary/benefits were not really matching the amount of work I did every day, to provide excellent service to the users.
Pros
good experiences
Cons
low salary
5,0
IT Consulting firm spend most of the time at the client's office
Great team and management at the site all the time
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Clients' working hours
5,0
This is a part time job and the flexibility I enjoy is a huge bonus.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Far from home
5,0
My typical day at work involves checking daily updates on our execution plans for education across MEA...Check payments have been made to our suppliers. Regular meetings with the team from porcurement to our administrators...to our catering team..check Purchase Orders delayed and approvals.
My most enjoyable part of the job is when I engage with executives in high level meetings to give them updates or raise issues which I encounter on a regular basis