IBM Pay & Benefits reviews

Not a Good Company to Work For Was Retrenched and a new Person employed after me. No Benefits and Lack of comminucation from managers to I.T Guys.....
My typical day at work involves checking daily updates on our execution plans for education across MEA...Check payments have been made to our suppliers. Regular meetings with the team from porcurement to our administrators...to our catering team..check Purchase Orders delayed and approvals.My most enjoyable part of the job is when I engage with executives in high level meetings to give them updates or raise issues which I encounter on a regular basis
A typical day would noit be an IBM day without constant pressure which is always great.I started out with no knoweledge about HR and in less than 6 months i have become a subject matter expert on leaves ofr South Africa and 18 African countries.We are a very dynamic team, who support each other greatly.The hardest part of my job is the fact that we work across numerous timelines and have to schedule calls earlier in the morning or late in the evenings and often on Sundays.I enjoy working with various types of people across all cultures and walks of life.
Pros
career growth
Cons
long hours and no work life balance and salary
Its a good relaxed work environment with flexible working Hours and a beautiful Office park with everything you need. Everyone is helpful and willing to mentor where they can. I learned a lot at IBM about mainframes and working with TSO, JCL, SPUFI etc. This is a 100% job, everything must be 100% and not 'more or less'.
Pros
flexible hours