IDEA Public Schools
3,0 out of 5 stars.

IDEA Public Schools Employee Reviews

2,5Work-Life Balance

Lots of hours and compensation is being cut

You work your hours and then you work more because you have too many demands. Some managers are great others are not. The environment can be toxic and full of cliques. The curriculum is not for every student and if you speak up on behalf of a student you are reprimanded. Join this corporation, yes corporation not school, cautiously as it is there for money not education.

IPS(Cincinnati)

Run! There is no sense of belonging, and they will try to make it appear as if they care about the students and their well being-They do not. They care about butts in the seats and they could care less about your well being. Teachers are quitting left and right, including me. Save yourself from the stress and the micromanagement and leave now. Not worth it.

Pros

Literally none

Cons

Too many to name

Very hard to do what you should be doing for your students

The most difficult part about working here is trying to manage all the extra work/tasks you are given. You are constantly being told it's for the best of the students, but the content you are teaching is what they focus on the least. Lots of micromanaging and needless time wasted.

Overworked and no time to do "your" actual job you were hired for.

The problem with this school as an employer is that they hire their staff for a specific job position, but once you start, they will bombard you with "extra daily duties" that will leave you with little to no time to complete the job you were hired for. If you do not complete your job, you get in trouble, and if you do not complete your extra daily duties because you want to complete your job, you also get in trouble. This school will overwork you to the fullest. A good thing in this school is that you will never see a lazy employee. Everyone works. All the people who are hired at IDEA are hard workers. The best of the best! However, this organization never really allows these people to show their full potential because they do not provide the appropriate training for each employee to succeed in their role. Most training is with PowerPoint slides, and when you ask for help from your superiors, they want you to go back to those training PP slides to find the answer. As if all the duties you have to complete allow you the time to go through hundreds of PP slides instead of them simply answering a question. Many people need actual training hands-on! Many staff members STRUGGLE in their job because they have no idea how to do it, not because they are incompetent, but because they were never thoroughly trained. With all the extra daily duties, they are left with no time to focus on learning THEIR actual job.For a charter school, the pay is good, and the benefits are good, but it is not worth all the stress you will have. Of course, anywhere you work, you will be stressed at some -

Good money (with additional stipends) but long hours

Micromanagers. Useless PDs and trainings. Ask students to work constantly on packets (drill and kill) once 2nd semester starts.Lots of rules to follow (many dont make much sense). Looks more like a military school.

Pros

Stipends if you have additional certifications

Cons

Longer work hours and useless trainings

RN Responsibility and Liability

Current health and wellness processes do not align with Florida law specifically regarding RN responsibility and liability. Great people and wonderful vision! Extremely disorganized and lots of micromanaging.

Great place

Great place, benefits are great and management at IDEA RIVERVIEW was great. Headquarters could be more supportive to the school level staff. Overall great place toWork.

Horrible to children (not real education) Horrible to teachers who care about real education.

Worst place I have ever worked. The system and teachers treat kids like INMATES. There is no fun in learning, no love of learning, all practices are outdated and no dignity or respect towards children (or teachers). I have seen admin and teachers curse and yell in the faces of 4 and 5 year olds. They don’t allow authentic literature, learning ir teaching - it’s all DRILL AND KILL. Students are not allowed to be happy basically. It was soul crushing to work here. It’s been years since I worked there and I still cry thinking about the students who were and are subjected to this soulless under qualified excuse for a school. Basically the institution thinks that just because the population they serve are lower economic status, they can treat them like mini-inmates and that they don’t see serve the same love, tenderness and student centered learning that more privileged kids do. When I worked there, they wanted to change the ONE 20 minute recess time the children had to 15 minutes. I protested that it was against state law and I was targeted after that all year. In addition, most of the staff is under qualified. When I worked there, they had adults who had basically no experience as teachers leading full time classes. My one wish for all IDEA schools is that they are all shut down. The parents are tricked into believing these school are better than local public schools but that is so far from the truth.

Educational

Great staff, the management was wonderful. They have flexible schedule and you can make your own schedule. You can also apply for jobs internally once you work for a year.

Pros

Job promotion, flexible hours

Cons

Great lace for advancement and collaboration

Overall, it has been a great place to work. If you have a collaborative team, understanding lead team, and a supportive principal, it helps. I am lucky I have that at my campus.

Pros

Tcp, team, culture, training, advancement

Cons

Work life balance at times

Why you should think twice before applying

I’ve worked here for 3 years doing two jobs, although the pay is good it’s not worth it. They will fire you without a second thought and treat you horribly. I wasted a whole year of my life working and making good money but having to deal with so much and doing more than my job required. I suggest you look for other option before you decide to work for Idea.

Goal and data-oriented organization

Working/teaching at IDEA can be very demanding, but compensation is not bad. Managers tend to be very involved and supportive. Coaching and feedback from managers is consistent and often helpful. Hours can be long, and job requirements can change at the drop of a hat depending on what the campus needs at that moment.

What is the best part of working at the company?The compensation packageWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The demands vs realistic expectations

Charter school is way different than schooll district

SPED staff is great . Admin are kind people. Resources and accomodations are increasing for students with special needs. Co teacher pay is okay. Not always room for growth.

Cons

Understaffed

Will suck up all of your time and energy

Pay is better than most schools but you will be working 60-75 hour weeks with now thanks, appreciation, or notice. Admin will add on more and more tasks constantly while openly criticize your work, fully aware you are working extra hours and will little resources.

Pros

Better pay, students are amazing

Cons

Long hours, no care of employees from admin

Run!

There is NO cliqueness amongst teammates or staff! Even if you have a strong sense of character, you will NOT be fine in this environment! It is almost impossible to navigate changes that take place daily. PROSPay is okayCONSHours ARE longManagement is not supportive and VERY demandingThe environment is depressing! Very few smile and are not happy. It is a just a job to most individuals.Turnover is unbelievable

Horrible Place to work

My mental health has never been so bad working at this place. I truly will be so happy once my contract ends and I will do everything in my power to dissuade anyone from working here.

Pros

Money

Cons

No support, bad management, no work-life balance.

Terrible management

The job is not complicated is fairly easy. Management is terrible, plays favoritism, micro manages, not trustworthy and will give more workload to less favorable employees. Will verbally abuse you and purposely write you up with no explanation as to why . Very shady management not to be trusted.

Inviting and enthusiastic Team

While my summary may not completely match all of my experience, it is a true representation of what they strive for each day. There is cliqueness amongst teammates but the overall feel of the institution is one of teamwork and comradery. If you have a strong sense of character, you will be fine in this environment and will be able to navigate any of the changes that take place. Do not come here expecting to have your hand held because there are things that need to be taken care of while working and even though they will have your back, you would still be holding people back. Accountability is absolutely necessary and you can be rewarded for your honesty. I really love this place and all that they have aided me in.

Pros

Great supportive staff, management is understanding, pay is fair

Cons

hours can be long

idk

The work place is good. Its not much to complain about. just work hard, be proficient. Also, its a great entry job especially for those coming out of college.

Avoid it

Avoid it. Good pay, but lack of management. Constant turnover so stuck with subbing for classes. Every student is a piece of data and a dollar sign. Look away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IDEA Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance