Imperial Cargo

Imperial Cargo Employee Reviews

Im a hard work I have 5 years experience iWork for overtime ineed this job i used to work weeknds and public holidays I'm stay alone anytime I'm available and i like my job
Worst company to work for! Management always throws threats around to fire people and they do it. No team work.No growth or recognition. Qualifications aren’t recognized. Low pay scale and not market related. Management is not organized at all they fight amongst each other-unprofessional! No stability, there’s always retrenchments happening and management is always protected. Work hours are ridiculous 12 hours shift Monday to Sunday without day off.
Pros
Discounts on Imperial Mall
It was good to work there i wish i can work there sgain as a truck driver workshop worker stores and at a tyre department,i have an experience in many work.
A typical day brings fulfilment, a sense of belonging, value adding, transparent, good team spirit, the most enjoyable part is the respect and esteem of collegues.
▪Good working culture, ▪good working environment, ▪good staff benefits, ▪good staff development, ▪career growth average, ▪performance driven echos,
To be calm and deal with the issue , make sure I do my work correctly.Able to communicate and be advised . patience is my best weapon to devour my work load.And my most enjoyable part of the job is my successful work done
Pros
depends
Cons
15 hours
Well respected with a good reputation company. Always value its customers and its drivers aswell.offering alot of safety courses for the drivers n how to be safe on the road.
Pros
Food allowance
Cons
I deal with clients, the drivers as well as management. If there is loads our trucks should load I'll phone the driver, give him a clear instruction to go and load at a specific customer at a specific time. they have to meet deadlines to be at the offloading point at a certain time. I'm also in charge of accepting loads from clients. I run a fleet of 26 trucks and it's my responsibility to make sure everything goes to plan. I have to make sure that one month before the trucks or the trailers licence disks expires the trucks should go for COF. I'm also responsible to make target. every week we have a target given to us by management and it's my responsibility to make sure that everything goes to plan to make target.
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Cons
I enjoyed my stay and learnt plenty. I just found myself at a bit of low when I decided to leave. I needed new motivation. Great depot in PE with great staff. Unfortunate your head office in CPT was not as pleasant and PE was always the forgotten depot with not too much interest and exposure given.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Little growth in PE
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Imperial Cargo?
Keeping the Customer Happy Staying Calm Give feed back to the management was essential Giving instructions to the employees very difficult Completing daily task in time.
I enjoy General working in any factory environment.Il follow out instructions given to me,willing to work over time. Learning is my passion and I grasp quick
It mostly requires people of high self believe to themselves,as it gave me an opportunity to find myself as a person,working there has helped me to grow mentally as I started working for such a company, in a permanent position for the first time in my life,it gave me the knowledge of working under pressure meeting different people in its diversity departments n depots
Pros
At times we do get free luch, mosyly when we are celebrating
Cons
One should be prepared for long hours
The company is very driven for success. The company always tries to put business first in the believe that the client is always right . The company pushes employees to promote themselves and learn as much as possible
Pros
Funny Employees
Cons
Long Hours
I've had a great time with the company, just that I'm looking for something else where. Risk factor was the disadvantage of working for the company as we were not safe at times. We had to transport cigarettes to different destinations in the north west on a daily basis, sometimes we had cash clients thus having to bank at times but safety measures are always in place.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Risk of hijackings
1.Extreme work load 2.I learned how to work and deal with various race 3.They were very strict and insisted us to perform 4.We were co-operating and we made a great team 5.Working a non stop over time 6.Team talk meetings
Pros
When we did our work extremely good
Cons
When we were having extreme work load
Received a lot of training and a did hard work but was rewarded To always aspire to be the best and an asset to the company The way you manage your staff, is advantageous to yourself Learnt to be good at managing others Hardest part of my job, it can be very demanding.
Pros
1 hour lunch, easy to get leave, financial rewarding through incentive
Cons
only 20 days leave a year after 5 years from 15
Some days are just to short. We don't get micro-managed. We constantly learn more about the industry. At least once a month we hang out after working hours
Normal place to work in, no room for growth, always working odd times. And the management style needs a lot of improvement. You need to make the environment work for you by creating the fun times for yourself.
I transferred from The Cold Chain to Imperial after the bookkeeper position became redundant due to centralization.
Pros
Staff discount
a typical day at wok is to come in and clerk in, take your truck and wait for instructions from your control, to inform you were to fetch the goods and where your must take them to. learn how to work in a team with different poeple and how to handle dangerouse goods. management has there up and downs and they have their own way to handle conflict amoung employers, and they handling is not so always as pleasent, but it how they were thought to manager employers. my co workers are from different backgrounds and i have learn how to work in co function enviroment with others that are not like me, we had a understanding and work with each other. hardest part it working overtime as much as the money is good but we spend less hours with family. i love driving and i love what am doing, to me it not just a job but a life style.
Pros
overtime means extra money
Cons
overtime means less time spend
I started working very early in the morning and normally finished later at night than usual. The Operations are very demanding yet I enjoyed the Operations by simply interacting with drivers and admin staff. I have learned what long distance and logistics is all about and how it effects the economy and share prices as a whole. Co-workers and myself is/was very passionate about their daily task and are people you had to learn to trust. The most difficult part of the job is absenteeism. Fleet controllers have to answer if trucks are late for loading/off-loading. The culture of the industry however goes against my personal morals. Managers and HOD's swear, insult and humiliate drivers as well as operations staff to bring over a point or to put pressure on operations staff. Managers would even at times make inappropriate hand gestures to show what they think of your problem should you approach them. In MOST cases you were left on your own to resolve your problem, I guess leadership roles are lacking although the financial milestones have been met at the end. The best and most enjoyable part of the job were the challenges we faced daily and how we had to reschedule trucks. e.g. trucks were "shuffled" around and one had to ignore the original plans. Pressure was a given but I felt satisfied when I left work at night when and if I overcame challenges we faced on the day.
Pros
free corporate clothing quarterly
Cons
Long hours and rood managers
  1. Employee Reviews