Imperial Cold Logistics

Imperial Cold Logistics Employee Reviews

South Africa28 reviews
4,0
I wish to get job to provide my family m good from work I don't have bad attitude my main aim is to work hard fast to reach the goal.and I promise my self that all the time m on point as m leading receiving team.
3,0
They had a lot of trucks an advantage we started work earlier so we managed to get all the deliveries done at most times and we work with freezers but we would copy I wouldn't mind being in a related position
5,0
I learnt more about my working ethics and I gain more knowledge as a driver.I never had a dispute with my employers nor my fellow working partners,they showed me kindness and humanity.
2,0
The company is currently undergoing a transition, Imperial was bought by Vector logistics who will be taking over from the 01 December 2019

I have learned a lot during my short time with imperial the Risk team that i work with is very helpful and amazing we get a lot done working as a team and individually
2,0
Expectations is that you will fill in a 16hr day.
Very pedantic.

Blame-storming.

Nothing really to tell except that my 7 months at Imperial was a bad period and that together with the switch-over to SAP.
3,0
A Customer Relations Specialist with over 10 year experience in a call center setting including customer care. Familiar with major customer conflict resolution and possess a positive attitude.

I am a good listener and have great communication and inter-personal skills. I am very committed to my work and can work independently and in a group to ensure tasks are completed timorously
1,0
Poor management,poor structure ,long hours,lots of favouritism ,unbearable working conditions no room for empowerment opportunities and lots of pressure to non-favoured employees
2,0
A typical day at work, we have just been informed that the Company is closing down. Nothing to say as I have worked here for 14 Years and was hoping to reach retirement age. A corporate company should provide peace of mind.
Pros
Training
3,0
The company was a well organised and the management were well trained and supportive to the staff.I have learnt alot from this compay andshare I wish to share my knowledge and skills to my next company,if given a chance.
Pros
Good weekly incentives
Cons
Very long abnomal overtimes in the cold storage.
2,0
Imperial Cold Logistics has a very ill disciplined management structure. One cannot grow within the company. If you are not part or a friend with someone in the top structure they look down at you as if you are worthless - no appreciation for the work you put in or do
Pros
Cons
poor management
3,0
Executing inbound and outbound activities, measuring previous days performance.
How not to treat people, how to satisfy your customer

Family - everyone is like part of a family

Having to discipline persons

Achieving desired outcome's
Pros
Cons
Long hours / poor head office desicions
4,0
Nothing bad can be said, everything I know was learned at this Company, how to manage people, operations etc.
It is in the tough times that you learn the most especially how to operate under pressure and in sometimes difficult conditions. it is a big Company with unlimited recourses. We strive for Unity amongst employees and we always strive to be the best.
3,0
Big company with fair work environment, multi tusk company .we also had school and training programmes throw this company. I was also trained in customer service and RTMS. Our depends was also considered in terms of further education by means of scholarships and bursaries.
Pros
Money for food every month
Cons
Over time
5,0
I would love to still be a part of the Imperial team.I enjoyed working at Imperial.Due to the restructure of the Company i was retrenched.I am still dedicated to company.
Forecasting
Customer service

Cost Savings

Preparing and analyzing various reports regarding Operations and Sales

Hardest part is long hours, especially during peak hours.
Pros
The people and experience
Cons
Long Hours
2,0
This company is great but it keeps people as temporary staff for years. There's no job security and no progress. You never know whats going to happen to you in the future. Theres absolutely no space to grow within the company. Theres no such thing as progress here.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
You stay as a temp for too long
3,0
Started early in the morning and sometimes till late
Shortage of management personnel

Involved in most departments

Teamwork was enjoyable

long hours the hardest
4,0
Working every sunday to plan delivery for monday ensure we have the correct numbers of trucks for deliveries. Service report ensure trucks are on the road cof amd service insurance claims
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long working hours
5,0
The job was fantastic because there was lot of fun due to environmental conditions and the management of the company make it the environment to be enjoyable.
Pros
Free transport in late hours
4,0
It's nice working in this company is just that I need a change I have a matric certificate, computer, instructor. It's a distributing company
that takes a stock to trade
1,0
Working much abnormal hours ad not having any benefits.
Not having time to knock off.we are working during Sundays but we ar not getting paid as a double.
Pros
own lunch