Imperial Cold Logistics
3,3 out of 5 stars.

Imperial Cold Logistics Work-Life Balance reviews

I was assisting with the loading and offloading of goods aswell as navigating the route where necessary and help drive trucks on a long distance trips and also deal with the paperwork ensuring that receipt are signed and the money due for goods is collected.traveling regularly and Long working hours . Punctuality.planing of delivery routes and provide excellent costomer service,to always ensure delivery procedures are adhered to
Cons
Same days were tough,but years i worked there i enjoyed myself i learn how to work with other people team work was everything the managment was good
Cons
I wish to get job to provide my family m good from work I don't have bad attitude my main aim is to work hard fast to reach the goal.and I promise my self that all the time m on point as m leading receiving team.
Poor management,poor structure ,long hours,lots of favouritism ,unbearable working conditions no room for empowerment opportunities and lots of pressure to non-favoured employees
A typical day at work, we have just been informed that the Company is closing down. Nothing to say as I have worked here for 14 Years and was hoping to reach retirement age. A corporate company should provide peace of mind.
Pros
Training
Cons
Executing inbound and outbound activities, measuring previous days performance. How not to treat people, how to satisfy your customerFamily - everyone is like part of a family Having to discipline persons Achieving desired outcome's
Pros
Cons
Long hours / poor head office desicions
Nothing bad can be said, everything I know was learned at this Company, how to manage people, operations etc. It is in the tough times that you learn the most especially how to operate under pressure and in sometimes difficult conditions. it is a big Company with unlimited recourses. We strive for Unity amongst employees and we always strive to be the best.
Big company with fair work environment, multi tusk company .we also had school and training programmes throw this company. I was also trained in customer service and RTMS. Our depends was also considered in terms of further education by means of scholarships and bursaries.
Pros
Money for food every month
Cons
Over time
Forecasting Customer service Cost Savings Preparing and analyzing various reports regarding Operations and Sales Hardest part is long hours, especially during peak hours.
Pros
The people and experience
Cons
Long Hours
This company is great but it keeps people as temporary staff for years. There's no job security and no progress. You never know whats going to happen to you in the future. Theres absolutely no space to grow within the company. Theres no such thing as progress here.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
You stay as a temp for too long
Started early in the morning and sometimes till late Shortage of management personnel Involved in most departments Teamwork was enjoyable long hours the hardest
Cons
The job was fantastic because there was lot of fun due to environmental conditions and the management of the company make it the environment to be enjoyable.
Pros
Free transport in late hours
Cons
It's nice working in this company is just that I need a change I have a matric certificate, computer, instructor. It's a distributing company that takes a stock to trade
Cons
Working much abnormal hours ad not having any benefits. Not having time to knock off.we are working during Sundays but we ar not getting paid as a double.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
I am a very dedicated, honest and loyal person and employee. I strive to make any process or system work better, always coming up with new innovative ideas. I strive to add value to any product or process, by planning, leading organizing and controlling the system and employees, where no process or system exists, I set up an SOP and enforce. Aligning daily operations to meet organizational goals while reducing cost and promoting profit and service levels are very important to me. My character is driven by results, I see myself as passionate, analytical, tactful, diplomatic, consistent, dynamic, responsible and patient. I work extremely well in a group or as an individual. My problem solving expertise, operational skills, warehouse / logistical background, strategic planning and many years of experience in a FMCG environment will make me a valuable asset to the company. I strive to complete my current studies and further my learning in the field of Logistics and Supply chain management. I am a friendly and loved person by all who meet me, and get along with all people across different ethnic groups and ages. I treat all people with the same amount of respect that I expect from others. I perform well under pressure, and am extremely well at managing a team and delegating the work load evenly. I see myself as a proactive individual.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
I was working in a very cold enviroment and with a team that supported each other and gave assistance to those who were struggling to complete a task in -0 degrees temperatures.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Great company to work for because of the growth and continuous training for skilled staff, Un-skilled staff are not properly trained and managed in a very westernised profit driven company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
You have to make sure that you are done with the day's work and that you do not fall behind it will be difficult to catch up for lost time.What i have learned is that the sky should not be the limit.The hardest part of the job is going home in the afternoon.
The Current staff in the Department, make an effort to support each other and have regular occasions to have some fun together. with Valentines day/ Casual day etc used as such times to briefly let our hair down a bit.
Pros
Very normal regular type Company, with right management at times the place can be very encouraging
Cons
managers can sometimes have unrealistic expectations, more due to experience