Imperial Group Pty Ltd

Imperial Group Pty Ltd Employee Reviews

South Africa52 reviews
3,0
Was good working there, was challenged on a regular.
Only negative is they dont hire you after you conpleted your apprenticeship

Overall the company offers alot but only to certain people.
5,0
I have had the most amazing time with Imperial and would recommend this company to any person out there. The amount of learning and team spirit is great
3,0
Our Dealership opened at 7am closed at 6pm.We were busy from arriving in the morning until leaving at night. Job was very fulfilling and no day was the same. We faced different challenges daily and therefore grew in knowledge and character. I started as an apprentice technician to foreman to service advisor then service Manager and Parts Manager. Enjoyed working with people. JobJand and
4,0
It was a fun and great dealership, Comission was not the best . Also a lot of tax deductions . Saying that the benefits like pension or provident fund was also not the best. I did not see growth on my pension fund
Pros
Company cars
Cons
Deductions of salary
3,0
It was an extremely tough learning school and experience with not a lot of support which made me more determined to make a success of my career and future.
Pros
Product knowledge of vehicles, accessories and new models.
4,0
Good Company to work for. People are friendly. Difficult trade to be in at this current time but if you persevere you can enjoy.
Experienced sales people and good management.
4,0
Great company and staff, product is amazing. Commission structure needs to be addressed and the after sales department need a serious wake up call. A typical day at the office is cold calling and canvasing for business, keeping a relationship with your existing and past customers.
Prepping your sale for delivery and making sure your paperwork is in order and compliant.

When i was a manager i had to keep my staff motivated, keep the stock mix right to maintain targets an budgets, maintain a high level of service and quality product to minimize any comebacks. Advertising and internet marketing is our biggest form of advertising and that was one of my key rolls.
4,0
Typical day will be report writing and very serious space
I gained a lot on Supervision and Management skills

Workplace culture was strict and intimidating

The hardest part was getting the figures right for public publish
Pros
Good work was well rewarded
Cons
Long hours when finalising figures and reports
4,0
It was an excellent company to work for. I have many life lesson , and the one that stands out most, is everything is about people.

The hardest part of my Job was to ensure i grow all my people, and this was also my most enjoyable, seeing people grow into different roles
Pros
Company Perks
Cons
Recognition
5,0
It is a very good company to work for.
Systems in place

Valuations

Buy of vehicles.

Managed sales team

Target and budget driven

Recon of vehicles
Pros
Hands on
Cons
To many approvals
4,0
Work extended working hours to ensure daily targets are met. Work gets done in an accurate manner ,and I am professional at all times, due to dealing with sales managers, sales executives, and potential buyers- prompt communication and feedback is of utmost importance to secure current and repeat business . I am positive and enjoy to interact with clients and colleagues. I am very organized , that makes it easier to manage work load . It is important to be flexible when dealing with clients, be honest and always be professional
Pros
Na
Cons
Long hours and every Saturday
5,0
Everyone please stand on one side of the line, opposite another person. (Allow for participants to take their places.) You have 15 seconds to convince the person opposite you, without force, to cross the line. Begin. (Announce that time is up after about 15 seconds.)
3,0
i enjoy working here ,the staff,customers and management perfect.
but no money.

the growth is there the challenge and everything but no money.

pressure for sure but no money
Pros
everything good
Cons
no money they don't want to pay
3,0
Start 8-5 start with day aheads planing.Ive learned management skills the workplace is very tough because ur whole day working with difrent personalties as well as tools.Combination of humans as well as spanners
Pros
Not every day is hard work
Cons
Call out duties
5,0
My typical day at work I would like to think of what can I do to better my Employer in part of my contribution to them. I have learned to do the job to the best of my abilities will be to my advantage. I have always get along with management, as well as co-workers. The hardest part of a new job is to get used to a new system but every bit of experience I accomplish till know always helped me to pull it through. The most enjoyable part should be to work as a team.
Pros
Long service rewards
3,0
-Removing and replacing suspension components such as tie rod ends, ball joints, shocks and springs, car service and repairs
-I have managed to learn to work fast effective and professionally

-we worked in a team and I can also work independently

-having to fail to deliver to the client because the pricing was too much I wanted to do as many cars as I wanted

-I love the smell of the oil, happy customers faces after repairs of their cars and having to negotiating discount for the clients so we can get more work
Pros
party after good sales
Cons
long hours aqnd weekends
4,0
I have enjoyed working at Imperial Ford Kempton park as a sales executing and also second in charge to my used car manager. All the staff members we very helpful.
Being in the sales environment it is very challenging as I had to actively attract clients through the social media, advertise cars on the website, assist my manager with her duties.

The hardest part is if we don't have stock or leads to work on and the enjoyable part is seeing the joy that you bring to clients by selling them good cars and making sure I give them the best service possible. I had a lot of references through that.
Pros
having braai on fridays
Cons
working weekends and long hours
4,0
Its a good workplace to work at, every workplace has its ups and downs bt otherwise exceptionally well.

Everyone is very friendly and its easy to make fiends with the staff you working with
4,0
The workshop manager could use a crash course in how to treat the people working "for" him. Working conditions were terribly unpleasant, to say the least.
3,0
Retrenchment and reconstructions, business focuses, client based, big warehouse freight logistics, in and out delivery, use labour brokers, uniform based company.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
long hour's
5,0
this was a family orientated business. always made to feel as part of the family in all departments. management was excellent and always stood by you through out your job and difficulties.
Pros
Every Friday braai
Cons
long traveling distance
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Group Pty Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9