IMPERIAL

South Africa1 review

3,4Culture

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 143 reviews

Productive life-balance work environment

My daily tasks were never the same and I found my job challenging and learned a lot about the Motor Industry. The workplace was very different to what I had gotten accustomed to in the Engineering Sector, where I predominantly worked.I mostly was not mentally challenged by my colleagues. The work environment is not very appreciative of diverse cultures, and is not very welcoming. Some employees speak Afrikaans in meetings. I happen to be very innovative, creative and have the ability to provide tentative solutions to any problem. This is impeded, due to my limited vocabulary in Afrikaans. I found this extremely frustrating, as I always yearn to make significantly tangible value to the organisation I work for.

Pros

Lessons learnt would contribute to my writing a well-balanced Thesis, for my PHD in Leadership in Performance and Change.

Cons

Utilization of LIFO would lead to mediocrity reining, as employees that have been longer in the organisation think they are secure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMPERIAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,1 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture

IMPERIAL Reviews by Location

• IMPERIAL
  • Human Resources Specialist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?