Independent Institute of Education
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Independent Institute of Education Employee Reviews

Would recommend to anyone if you're a go getter, hard worker and passionate about teaching. No day is the same, which keeps it interesting. Hardest part of the job is managing your time and maintain a work-life balance.
Every organisation has it's culture and as a person you have to adjust quickly to their level because we are all chasing the same goal at the end the day. It's also important to follow the company values
Pros
Paid on time as per contract stated
Cons
Poor communication to the students
As an HR Consultant you should provide guidance and support to the MD, HRBP and Brands. You should be able to meet deadlines and Co-ordinates HR project. Team player is important and understanding the business objectives strategy and values. Challenges I had was payroll integration of one Brand to incorporate into the company payroll but learned a lot especially with companies payroll structures.
I was a brand ambassador/general assistant at Rosebank College in Bloemfontein Campus. Most of the days me and other brand ambassadors would walk or stand at points around the town of Bloemfontein approaching and convincing matric students or their parents to apply or enroll to be students at Rosebank college for the year 2018 as it was a new college in Bloemfontein. What I learned was time management because I would have to be very early at work so that i could impress my managers. Sometimes when I am too early I would have enough time to help the cleaners and other stuff members to set up for the day. The hardest part of the job was to try to reach a target of 600 students enrolled at the campus because most students around Bloemfontein had already applied and registered at other institutions inside and outside of Bloemfontein. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with customers.
It's a good environment Great Culture Positive Atmosphere There are more opportunities It's a good place to start of your career The experience is amazing
A normal day at work is assisting students with any complications or issues that they may face while submitting their assignments. Also assisting students with the online databases that they find difficult. Everyone at the workplace is friendly and willing to assist where I cannot and the staff is pleasant to work with. With a lot of students misunderstanding how the processes works, the hardest part is keeping your cool and not losing it with the students so patience is key. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the relaxed, stress-free face after assisting a student with whatever problems they are faced with.
A typical day at work would be calling prospects, attending meeting with manager and reporting stats at the end of the day.
Pros
Free coffee and tea and sales motivation
Cons
Reactive workplace
well, work on a deadline to review or develop, there is great communication and direction during this time. do not get to work very closely with the in house stuff.
The IIE is one of the good private company to work for especialy if one is ready to grow. The company has flexible working hours. It is situated in the heart of Johannesburg. Although all jobs came with challenges their is no challenge that can not be solved or overcome.
This is an organisation where you were able to be stretched and enabled to grow beyond your own expectations.
Pros
stimulating
Cons
it depends on your unit