Indwe Risk Services

Indwe Risk Services Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews
Was my first job.

Amazing people, learned alot. Made a good friend that I am still in contact with.

Benefits, safe environment.

Had nice lunch on Fridays.
5,0
The job culture at Indwe Durban is serious, dedicated and highly motivated. Management need to take heed of not distancing themselves too much from staff. The staff culture is a very dedicated one.
2,0
If you are interested in working for a company that has not transformed with the times and has no diversity, this is the place for you. A bunch of nagging women who gossip 24/7 about everyone and where backbiting is compulsory
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, no transformation, no growth opportunity, only allowed to drink coffee and tea during set times, no overtime
5,0
Lots of development and advancement prospects. A great company to work for with an amazing culture. Great leadership and management philosophy across the organization
4,0
A family-oriented environment created by senior staff and fellow colleagues alike. Everyone was always ready to assist when assistance was required. It also focused on career building and networking.
5,0
Always woke up with a purpose to go work at Indwe Risk. Management always open door policy. Continuous Training. Harmonious atmosphere at workplace.
4,0
At Indwe we worked hard and had lots of fun every day.
Learned that all need to work together to achieve the greatest end result.

Service delivery was important, had turn around times that needs to be followed
4,0
I performed my duties to the best of my ability. I learnt different things from each situation, you grow when you are exposed to new things. My manager was really caring and hard working and she was good at her job. there was a very good culture. the hardest part of the job was the constant changes made not beneficial to staff. The best part of my job was getting compliments from clients when you have made a really good impression.
Pros
intensives, bonuses, team building
Cons
work load was heavy, not the best increases, office politics
1,0
Management @ Indwe Risk Services comprise of predominantly White people.They stuck in their Old Ways (Verkramp).Salaries not market related.No growth.
5,0
Very good Company to work for. I enjoyed my time as an employee and would love to go back if the regulations on RE exams hadn't become so strict. Very good environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indwe Risk Services?
4,0
No open door policy to continuously improve business activities. Office staff do get on well and operates like a family amongst one another. Targets not reachable across company for any sales person
Pros
Unreachable targets and no open door policy
Cons
Good relations between team members
My workday begins at 6.00am and ends at 3:30
I am busy with computer work most of the day with a hour lunch

I am involved with training and organising the interns
4,0
Otherwise everything by Indwe was ok except salary wise it was not market related, I was only earning 9300 whilst other companies were paying 15000 upwards for what I was doing.
Pros
Yes we would be taken out for lunch
Cons
Normal hours
5,0
Sitting around and waiting for the telephone to ring is actually boring but the salary does make up for it. As I have been working there as a trainee. It was a challenge but within an hour i adapted to the environement. I had my own office and i was left hand written instructions on the table. I had to assist clients with insurance and debt. The job is very boring but the environment makes up for it in a number of ways.
Pros
WiFi, Aircon, Environment (Office with good facilities)
Cons
Boring, Dragging hours, have to be by the phone the entire time.
You on the phone 75% of the time with clients. 5% Walk in clients
You sell policies, do amendments on policies, renewals and advicing clients the whole time. Co-workers often asked me for help and advvice because of my knowledge and experience.
4,0
Indwe is a awesome company. Everyone is focused and professional. Clients is very happy with our service and co-workers is friendly and work as a team.
3,0
-Typical day at work was very nice, good working conditions, assisting clients, following up on claims
-I learned how to be a Client Service Consultant, how to treat clients, how to treat co workers, how to be productive

-Fabulous management, understanding people that you can even discuss personal matters with

-Co-workers were like brothers and sisters, helping one another, talking to each other, a very good team

-It was hard at first as it was my first job but after getting the feel of every part of the job, there was no hard part of the job

-I enjoyed being with the colleagues, assisting client with their queries and claims
Pros
Braais on some Fridays
2,0
I have learned to work underpressuble, to multi task and to build strtong customer relationships wih clients
Pros
Effective Tranining
Cons
No Recognition
5,0
Sales and customer consultant. Excelled in sales and reached all set targets. Team leader. Later promoted moved to do QA and Internal audits. Excellent communication and negotiation skills .Computer literate. Focused and attention to details. BA Communication degree. COmputer literate. Immediately available.
4,0
A typical day would be assisting staff and clients with queries, claims etc. Coaching and mentoring staff on an ongoing basis. I can use initiative and try new things in the branch and am not always bound by red tape. I have a great team that is very motivated and hard working always willing to go the extra mile. I can always depend on my staff. The hardest part would be not to give my staff the recognition they deserve as this is sometimes out of my control. I enjoy the client interaction and being out there assisting and advising our clients and making sure they have adequate cover and service at all times,
Pros
Client interaction
Cons
Other departments not giving service our clients deserve
3,0
Good team to work with, Obtained my RE5 which has educated me further about legislations. Hardest is when loosing a client to a competitor
Pros
team work
Cons
people cannot work in a team