Intelligent Debt Management

Intelligent Debt Management Employee Reviews

South Africa10 reviews
4,0
Very fun company to work for. Friendly staff members. It feels like home. I have learnt the there is a gap when it comes to financial planning and budgeting.
Pros
Acknowledgement for hard work
5,0
Very smart employees. Mostly pay is in sales. There is nothing to learn from this type of work especially from this company. But they are fun i would recomend someone to work for them
5,0
IDM is a great company to start of your career in sales with a lot of smart people around you and good management to develop you to be a great financial consultant and salesperson
5,0
This is a very high paced environment with high growth potential. I thoroughly enjoyed working with young and energetic people with high ambition and drive.
4,0
It was an amazing company to work for because we were very aware that we were doing was helping a lot of people under debt review, we made a great difference in many lives.
Pros
Award ceremonies
Cons
Salary
3,0
Working at IDM has given me a chance to stand out and realise my capabilities. It has a good working, vibrant environment and has a chance for advancement. For the 1 and half years i have worked at IDM i have seen nothing but growth in my personal capacity. The job environment can be a bit pressurizing and less rewarding especially in the client services group. However the negotiations and financial consulting departments can be hectic but very rewarding. I really enjoy working with my peers as they are very welcoming, motivated and coorperative.
Pros
Good working environment, opportunity for growth and advancement, social club, monthly awards, refreshments
Cons
Management sometimes lacks transparency. High employee exodus.
3,0
IDM believes in developing people. They have young dynamic staff and has a culture of innovation and learning. They develop leaders and their value proposition is to hire the leaders of tomorow. Transparency is highly practiced and all actions are aligned to value based behaviour.
Pros
Free training and development. Career advancement.
3,0
I basically make sales calls all day to clients who have enquired on one of the Debt Buster's websites. I conduct finacial affordibility assessments with clients to see what debt solution they qualify for. I mainly sell them debt counselling by explaining the benefits and restrictions.
3,0
What I like about my current Job: Growing company that is a pioneer in the debt counselling industry. the job challenges you mentally and emotionally.

Front line managers are young and great people to learn from who are interested in your input and ideas to improve processes and service rendered to clients.

What I do not enjoy is the constant change in individuals who are part of my team. Most of the people I started with have left the company.
Pros
vibrant and diverse colleagues, team lunch rewards, monthly awards and refreshments, social club
Cons
paid overtime is rare, low benefits
4,0
IDM is based on a relevant and much needed consumer solution to debt. The best part of the job is the moral gratification you get from genuinely helping a consumer crippled by debt, to come out of the destructive, self-perpetuating cycle that debt and reckless lending can cause. This is particularly so for single parents or families where one spouse has lost their job. The work culture is energetic and dominated by lively young intelligent graduates. The hardest part of the job was collecting fees because some consumers may not be committed to the solution, or credit providers may perform a money-grab and debit consumer accounts for amounts owing.
Pros
Relevance, lively work culture, genuinely helping people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelligent Debt Management. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9