International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews

South Africa25 reviews
3,0
I was working for the call centre and the hours were strenuous without any other options. There isn't really much growth and the work/life balance is bad.
5,0
Great company to work for, benefits are within reason, I have learned leadership, team work, adaptability. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see the team develop and grow, achieving great results as a team. Hardest part which is room for development for me is people management.
2,0
The culture in ISOS is different from most companies I have worked with. The management is difficult. You need to have a thick skin when working for ISOS.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/A
1,0
It was good working international sos problem money was too small and i was knocking off late i was working long hours but small salary but my boss he was a very nice boss even my customers liked me a lot and i liked them too so it was very nice working there
5,0
Stable company to work for with excellent international exposure and strong management support to all employees irrespective of position.
South Africa office is ideally located for easy access and a clean and professional environment
5,0
Très bien et beaucoup d'expérience et contacte avec les gens partout dans le monde
4,0
An emergency call center that serves the whole of South Africa. Has world class facilities.Has good management that encourages agents to go the extra mile in meeting customer needs.
Pros
Free lunches, Counseling sessions.
Cons
Can be stressful during holiday periods.
5,0
Patient controlled thought not averse to speaking my mind where need arise.A committed team player who is prepared to the extra mile to achieve goal
Pros
Free launches
4,0
When I was at International SOS other days were not good because sometimes we will receive large volume of calls. I have learnt to word under pressure there but stay positive and focus on my work.
Pros
Cons
12 hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International SOS?
4,0
Full of incentives. Great team spirit. learned about being consistent and to push forward no matter what, motivation. Great Management Team and a mixed team consisting of people from different backgrounds. Helping customers make the right decision was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No growth
4,0
Dealing with high volume of calls on a daily basis and dispatching the relevant emergency department on a national basis where assistance is required.
Pros
Interaction
Great work culture
Very busy environment however led me to be a hard worker.

Hardest part was the distance

Being the youngest in the Organisation

dealing with fast pace
Pros
vending machine
3,0
A beautiful company to work for. The best experience ever. There is nothing as fulfilling as to help someone in need and getting positive feedback from a client

From Great -> Better, now worse. Lack people skills. They take things personal, forgetting that everyone is at work to actually do the job they are getting paid for.

Management does not understand that what makes them are the agents below them.

They dont know what communication means, instead they use their title to get what they want, including threatening an agents' job. If one of them has a problem with a particular employee, all of them will dislike the person, for no reason at all. Taking out their frustrations on lower agents. Bad bad bad management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad Management
4,0
Overall I enjoyed my time with the company and learned a lot. The worst part of the job was management's cruelty towards employees. When escalating a request it is to gain information and insight, not to be dismissed as though we're low life, illiterate scum. Management is easy to take their personal issues out on employees. I've never seen so many colleagues been made cry before and worse still is that you're expected to carry on as if nothing's happened right after you've had your dignity torn to shreds by your medical and operational management team.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Management's attitude towards employees, down talking undermining attitudes
2,0
Dealing with clients daily is dealing with all types of human interactions. Some Good, some Bad and some Ugly.

The best part about the Job is the people you work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Patients dying
5,0
I learned a lot about relationship with my co-workers with different cultures, management, identifying Malaria species.
4,0
Fast paced, lots of recruitment especially for Doctors and professionals nurses. Other recruitment was done for the assistance centre, medfit division, concierge dept and corporate departments.

Lots of learning and continuous changes,.

Co-workers were great and very supportive.

I enjoyed knowing that the company was helping save lives and that the best people for the job were employed
Pros
Canteen voucher, child educational and funeral cover
Standard Operating Procedures
Internal controls

Approve payments

Approve accounts reconciliation

Bank reconciliation

Assists with provider queries
4,0
Please see CV Profile section.
Overall a great company to work for.

Good company culture.

As its a global company co-workers are from all over the world.
Pros
Global Privately Owned Company
5,0
Analyzing and distributing life threatening emergency calls to police,
ambulance, traffic and fire departments

assisting client with roadside assistance
Pros
free phone cards
Cons
shift work and night shifts
4,0
Learning computer skills and doing all admin work.
marketing the company at the same time.
Pros
free transport
Cons
normal hours