International SOS

International SOS Employee Reviews in Midrand, Gauteng

I was working for the call centre and the hours were strenuous without any other options. There isn't really much growth and the work/life balance is bad.
The culture in ISOS is different from most companies I have worked with. The management is difficult. You need to have a thick skin when working for ISOS.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/A
An emergency call center that serves the whole of South Africa. Has world class facilities.Has good management that encourages agents to go the extra mile in meeting customer needs.
Pros
Free lunches, Counseling sessions.
Cons
Can be stressful during holiday periods.
When I was at International SOS other days were not good because sometimes we will receive large volume of calls. I have learnt to word under pressure there but stay positive and focus on my work.
Pros
Cons
12 hours
Full of incentives. Great team spirit. learned about being consistent and to push forward no matter what, motivation. Great Management Team and a mixed team consisting of people from different backgrounds. Helping customers make the right decision was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No growth
Dealing with high volume of calls on a daily basis and dispatching the relevant emergency department on a national basis where assistance is required.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Great work culture Very busy environment however led me to be a hard worker. Hardest part was the distance Being the youngest in the Organisation dealing with fast pace
Pros
vending machine
Cons
Overall I enjoyed my time with the company and learned a lot. The worst part of the job was management's cruelty towards employees. When escalating a request it is to gain information and insight, not to be dismissed as though we're low life, illiterate scum. Management is easy to take their personal issues out on employees. I've never seen so many colleagues been made cry before and worse still is that you're expected to carry on as if nothing's happened right after you've had your dignity torn to shreds by your medical and operational management team.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Management's attitude towards employees, down talking undermining attitudes
Fast paced, lots of recruitment especially for Doctors and professionals nurses. Other recruitment was done for the assistance centre, medfit division, concierge dept and corporate departments. Lots of learning and continuous changes,. Co-workers were great and very supportive. I enjoyed knowing that the company was helping save lives and that the best people for the job were employed
Pros
Canteen voucher, child educational and funeral cover
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International SOS?
Standard Operating Procedures Internal controls Approve payments Approve accounts reconciliation Bank reconciliation Assists with provider queries
Analyzing and distributing life threatening emergency calls to police, ambulance, traffic and fire departments assisting client with roadside assistance
Pros
free phone cards
Cons
shift work and night shifts
Learning computer skills and doing all admin work. marketing the company at the same time.
Pros
free transport
Cons
normal hours