International SOS

International SOS Management reviews

An emergency call center that serves the whole of South Africa. Has world class facilities.Has good management that encourages agents to go the extra mile in meeting customer needs.
Pros
Free lunches, Counseling sessions.
Cons
Can be stressful during holiday periods.
Great company to work for, benefits are within reason, I have learned leadership, team work, adaptability. Most enjoyable part of the job is to see the team develop and grow, achieving great results as a team. Hardest part which is room for development for me is people management.
The culture in ISOS is different from most companies I have worked with. The management is difficult. You need to have a thick skin when working for ISOS.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/A
Stable company to work for with excellent international exposure and strong management support to all employees irrespective of position. South Africa office is ideally located for easy access and a clean and professional environment
Très bien et beaucoup d'expérience et contacte avec les gens partout dans le monde
Full of incentives. Great team spirit. learned about being consistent and to push forward no matter what, motivation. Great Management Team and a mixed team consisting of people from different backgrounds. Helping customers make the right decision was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No growth
A beautiful company to work for. The best experience ever. There is nothing as fulfilling as to help someone in need and getting positive feedback from a client Management From Great -> Better, now worse. Lack people skills. They take things personal, forgetting that everyone is at work to actually do the job they are getting paid for. Management does not understand that what makes them are the agents below them. They dont know what communication means, instead they use their title to get what they want, including threatening an agents' job. If one of them has a problem with a particular employee, all of them will dislike the person, for no reason at all. Taking out their frustrations on lower agents. Bad bad bad management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Overall I enjoyed my time with the company and learned a lot. The worst part of the job was management's cruelty towards employees. When escalating a request it is to gain information and insight, not to be dismissed as though we're low life, illiterate scum. Management is easy to take their personal issues out on employees. I've never seen so many colleagues been made cry before and worse still is that you're expected to carry on as if nothing's happened right after you've had your dignity torn to shreds by your medical and operational management team.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Management's attitude towards employees, down talking undermining attitudes
I learned a lot about relationship with my co-workers with different cultures, management, identifying Malaria species.
A very demanding environment considering managing international health programs. Extremely long hours, working environment very artificial- location isolated. Very complex management reporting structures, little true local management autonomy. Employees inspirational considering working shifts and the demanding nature of clients and patients.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, international clients- language challenges, time zone challenges
It is a very busy high pressured call centre with lots of calls pumping in and out. I have learned to to hanndle pressure in a proffesional way and to manage time. I have learned to work in a team and be a team player. I have well developed time managements skills and work load management skills. I work with a very friendly team where team work is highly valued and appreciated, without team work the service level would be affected severely. The hardest part of the job is that "its a race against time and quality service" most of the case we deal with are live cases where time is very important. The enjoyable is when our clients are assist in time and good quality service is delivered accompanied by a compliment from the clients.
Pros
more off days
Cons
12 hours shifts