International Vitamin Corporation
3,1 out of 5 stars.

International Vitamin Corporation Employee Reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Meh

This place is ok to work for, not a career. You'll love it if you like back stabbed though. Management is a waste and so is most people. The place was better when it was delavau

It's a fun place due to working 12hrs you and your coworkers form a family bond

I was already working in the building ar the time IVC took over from the previous company which is Nutra. It was through them that I learned most of my machine operator skills. Even though I treat each work day ad a learning experience. Machines may not run smoothly each day I treated those times as a learning tool. Why did it happen. Could it have been prevented on my part. How much down time was there due to the issue

Pros

Management showed gratitude when we ran well by giving us lunch, company products such as pens, jackets, or a thermos to name a few

Cons

Working 12hrs including mandatory OT does take a toll on you mentally and physically

Toxic environment

Stay away. Raises are based on friendships with management, not performance based. They will ride a good worker to death while carrying dead weight employees for years. This is all departments at all sites.

Pros

You’ll have it made if you’d like to suck up.

Cons

They love to take advantage if you take pride in your work

Overtime all the time

Company was bought out and it's been years but things are still crazy in there. Turn over is very high. Mandatory overtime happens almost continuously. Sadly toxic behavior on the work floor I feel need to be discouraged more.

Pros

Decent pay and benifits

Cons

Short breaks, not as organized as it should be

Horrible awful company

By far one of the worst companies to work for if your a male it's 10 times worse the only incentive to work hard is to not get bitched at stay away!!!

Benefits and pay.

It is a good place to work. It really needs better management. It needs to do more for employees.It is more about quantity than quality. It can't keep employees.

They are run by Communist

This place was horrible. Unsafe work practices, no organization, management was okay , upper management was horrific. Work life balance was none. If your good with consistently working 80 hours with people who can’t figure out how to make the engine run, then this is a place for you

Pros

Possibly the insurance

Cons

Below par pay for hours expected to work

A lot was expected with out any comp time or bonus pay for all of the extra hours you were expected to work. The benefits were very average. They did have did have a 401k plan that was halfway decent. The management in California expected a lot of the east coast employees.

Pros

My direct manager was a decent guy

Cons

too many hours expected to work for the pay.

Excellent benefits willing to help you get promoted

Great company benefits,HR, workers it’s a family like company who treats you like family clean and safe to work there willing to get you trained to be promoted

Pros

Benefits, pay, great workers, HR is excellent

Bad work experience

They want more from workers than is possible to give. I did double production nearly every day and they always wanted more. Those who do nothing are allowed to keep doing nothing while they try to squeeze more and more from hard workers.

Pros

If you are a smoker you can take extra breaks.

Cons

Very little positive to say about the company

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International Vitamin Corporation?

Job security, laid back company, easy job. Hard to move up, bad management skills in company.

Company is under new owners as of January 2021, have seen company lose a lot of good people and hire in a lot that don't last long. Management and supervisors don't have good communication skills and our company lacks a training department. Laid back and you are able to have as much overtime as possible.

Management is horrible

Good and easy jobs but management is below average especially in receiving. Overall it’s an okay job and would be a good place to work If superiors didn’t make it unbearable

12 hour shifts, constant overtime, low integrity among staff

This could be a great place to work. The job is simple and fast paced. The problem is the staff. With new employees so hard to come by, they allow slackers to remain employed. The place is full of people who do as little as they can get away with. Hard workers who like to follow the rules are shunned by the lazy masses. Working hard earns you lots of eye rolls at this plant.

Pros

The pay is decent

Cons

Zero time for a life with 12 hour shifts

Easy work

The work is easy. There will be opportunity for overtime frequently. There are plenty of good people to work with. Decent pay for them work being done.

Pros

Paid lunch, easy work

Cons

Bad managers

It is a pill mill; they will work you to death. No upward mobility, no planning/leadership.

Not worth pursuingIt is factory work; not true pharmaHigh turnoverNo work/life balanceSteady pay, if you show up and breathe you can have a job for life, but it isn't a job worth having.

Pros

Plenty of OT available

Cons

You are just a body on the line

Nice company to work for.

Coworkers were great and everybody will lend a hand if need be. Good equipment, helps to get the job done. Short runs and you get to do a mix of driving and yard work.You get to really improve your backing skills as you wil spot a decent amount of trailers thought your shift.

Pros

Fun place. Great coworkers.

Cons

Coworkers on the floor is the best part of IVC

Worked there 1 month. From day 1 I could tell things was not good. No body would help me after orientation on how to put my direct deposit in & didn’t have orientation hours in! Management in my time there you hardly ever see them & the 1 meeting I did attend they mentioned about some lines going to 8 hour shift & told me when I was hired that after Labor Day they would be going to 8 hour shifts & that’s a lie. That’s what they have been telling people in there for a long time now. They DO NOT communicate well or do they appreciate their employees! They are so unorganized around this place & it really shows!!! They DO NOT have you working in 1 or 2 areas! You are all over the place all day! It don’t make since! I would not recommend this place to nobody! I worked here 14 years ago under another name & it was so much better.

Pros

Benefits & time off with pay

Cons

Short breaks & long hours & working all over the place

Nice people to work with

This would be a great place to work if you could go back in time. I wish its was still Perrigo. The pay was much better and benefits were great. 12hrs shifts not good for family time

Pros

easy work

Cons

Bad management

Horrible place to work.

Poor management skills, lack of training and opportunity to advance. Managers and Supervisors don't know anything, only thing they know how to do is push, but only give you crumbs for raises. Very underpaid work.

Pros

Schedule, lots of paid Holidays

Would Not Recommend

At IVC, you are just another number. Terrible company culture, uninvolved leadership, low employee morale, no incentives/bonuses, no room for growth and opportunity (even when you ask!). The company infrastructure itself is falling apart - completely disorganized, no defined processes, weak management, archaic/manual systems, inability to meet deadlines, and constantly a total disaster. Tons of people in the company skate by doing the bare minimum, while others pick up the slack and are never rewarded. No sense of work-life balance, asking for a flexible schedule is like pulling teeth, and don't even get me started on their lack of concern regarding COVID. IVC is complacent, far from progressive, and will not be evolving anytime soon. Stay away while you can.

Pros

Health benefits, collecting a paycheck

Cons

The list goes on...

Bad job with bad pay

The pay system in this place is so messed up. Recent hires lifting 50lb bags all night make the same if not less than recent hires who sit and watch a conveyor belt all night. It makes no sense. You will absolutely always be rushed here, we were insanely behind and it stays that way. You will always be picking up slack from other shifts (mainly third) as there is zero incentive to be a good worker and kill yourself trying to get the company up to pace.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Vitamin Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance