Investec

Investec Employee Reviews

South Africa115 reviews
5,0
Best company to work for with amazing opportunities.I would still want to go back there should an opportunity matching my skills becomes available .
Pros
Open Bar on friday
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Training. Growth. Employee respect.great culture. Maximum opportunity to learn . Excellent earning potential. Long servicecawards. Retirement benefit & health benefitother jobs while in your job.
Pros
Company structure/ compassion for employees/ excellent benefits / exciting working environment
Cons
Long hours. But not a problem
4,0
i have learned that team work is very essential in any business and also that you need to take control of your own work and also take full responsibility for your actions. Always support the people around you as you might need them and to make work more enjoyable/fun. Having a management team who trusts you at all time builds a lot of confidence.
Pros
Working from home
2,0
Investec is a good company if you are in a progressive department
If you have managers that are interested in your personal growth then you are at an advantage
5,0
INVESTEC allows you to be yourself, to innovate and be an entrepreneur, to grow as a person, provides all the necessary tools to assist you in your role and growth. It truly is Out of the ordinary
Pros
Flexibility, humanity, leave policy, dress code
Cons
If you don’t know how to drive your own growth and person brand, or be assertive, it’s really not for you
5,0
This was where my career took off. Intensive learning curves, perks, stock portfolio, and a stable, clever company to work and engage work. Outside of working environments I would recommend this bank as the leader and recommendation for all personal investments.
5,0
my experience with Investec Bank is The most beautiful workplace culture and most enjoyable part of the job, what I've learn professionalism and confident management
4,0
The company is great and fun to work for, the balance between work and play is just perfect however . It's an innovative bank and very good brand. Typical day at work is pretty much busy actually but that comes good experience in working effectively, smart and get to be exposed to new queries.
5,0
My experience was invaluable. The individuals at this organization are friendly and very knowledgeable. Although it is competitive, everybody is willing to help.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Investec?
3,0
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. You will always go above and beyond your job description and there is always an opportunity to learn. You will generally learn how to do the job, on the job.

The type of clients that you will deal with are the top tier in South African and thus, an extremely high touch, efficient service delivery is required.

The culture is incredibly vibrant, energetic and autonomous.
4,0
Team Leader Recoveries Very rewarding and challenging environment.

Dealing with risk, legal, accounting, and compliance matters

Participation in management is requirement
4,0
Lot of social events scheduled throughout the year. Allowed to dress casual and work from home (some days). Friendly and helpful staff. Lots of red tape.
5,0
Good environment for young talent
Diverse

Good opportunity to grow

Excellent brand identity

Lacks good benefits

Work your way up regardless of experience and qualification
3,0
At my time at Investec Bank we were undergoing a transformation from the Apartheid years in South Africa into a new era, I was tasked with introducing Foreign-based accounts into the equity desk and also opening up various African Markets.
3,0
They've positioned themselves as one of the best employers and I can honestly attribute this to the culture and the people. They don't pay well at all
3,0
Great place to work with a fun culture. Would recommend it to anyone just starting out their career. However, career opportunities may be slightly limited due to niche nature of the organisation.
5,0
Investec is a good company to work for, if given another opportunity to work again. You have your job security for best performance.Best Company Ever.
Official response from Investec
26 November 2019
Thank you for sharing these wonderful words. You are welcome to visit our Careers page here: https://careers.investec.co.za/jobs to browse for opportunities :)
5,0
A Typical day starts by catching up with friends, followed by a comfortable working environment. This enables one to be productive, and strive to achieve.

I learned a great deal as I was always pushed to my limits and encouraged to further my knowledge.
4,0
I would like to return. I learned how to work on great systems and experienced a very different but good culture. Investec has a great culture and a very fantastic future
Official response from Investec
26 November 2019
Thanks for the great feedback! If you'd like to apply for any positions, please visit our Careers page here: https://careers.investec.co.za/jobs
4,0
The positive workplace culture and distinctive performance of its employees, encouraged finding a way to give clients an out of the ordinary customer service through dedicated partnership and cast iron integrity.
Pros
Freedom to be entrepreneurial.
Cons
Sometimes expectations were not made clear.
4,0
Really rewarding, competitive, and challenging environment to work in. Employees are encouraged to treat their every day work as business owners contracted to the company. Great drive for performance. Constantly exposed to cutting edge technology, different development streams, varying infrastructure, and different businesses. Management are invested within their respective sectors that constantly drive for efficiency and performance with in-depth knowledge and experience in their respective fields. The hardest part of the job would be the environment created by each employee treating his/her job as their own business; every person has their own opinion and is not necessarily inclined to change or see others as partners to their endeavors. Really rewarding when applauded and acknowledged for contributions made.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Egos