Here to help
Information from IQVIA:

IQVIA Employee Reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
I had a fairly good experience working at IQVIA. I think the best thing about working there is working with great team members/colleagues and an awesome manager. The flex hours were great as well. Salary could be better but for the area, it was okay. Since SA inflation goes up each year, our salaries weren't matched, so the increases/bonuses were always way under the inflation rate.
4,0
My contract and project I was assigned to had unfortunately come to an end, otherwise I would have loved to continue working at IQVIA.
I work on a specific study and daily worked with the sites and to prepare for the IP release and ethics submissions for sub sahara Africa sites. IQVIA management was excellent and the colleagues are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is the systems continuously keep changing.
5,0
Best company i worked for, never a dull moment. My day was busy from start to finish.
I learned how to work with and manage global teams and how to rise above cultural differences.
The workplace culture was great for working remotely since it gave you the independence of working from your home.
Big company
Big international company
Job security

Ability to relocate nationwide or internationally

Provided me with a good first salary in 2011

Had to work lots of overtime
Pros
good culture
1,0
Racist and unskilled management
Progress in company depends on personal relationships instead of professionally. Managers will get rid of employee they perceive as difficult via hook or crook. Employment equatity does not exist. Bad reviews and ratings are reserved for black employees, wit racist managers. Huge gap in salary difference between black and white employees.

Most unhappy work environment.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
short breaks, no health benefits, low salary, no compensation for overtime
5,0
productive and fun work environment
They always showed me respect, and encouraged me to fulfill my best capabilities. I felt appreciated and rewarded.

Most of the other employees worked for the same goal, that is, completion of our project to the best attainable standard.

In order to do this, they provided us with the necessary updates of certificates, and encouraged those who could, to update their qualifications.

I have always received a high sense of satisfaction from working with them.
Pros
Great company to work for. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Cons
None, Even if you feel any cons here, company will work to fix it.
5,0
Fun place company to work for
I had to be there first thing in the morning, log on the system, then check ensure that I take all incoming calls and check bookings for bourdrooms and take calls then take notes if the staff is not available and inform them to call clients that has called..
Pros
Good company
Cons
Short breaks
Personal issues
This company management makes work challenges a personal issue and then try their best and succeed from removing you from the company. A lot of favoritism. Learnt important work tools.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Managers' attitudes towards staff need to change and be fair and equal.
Good place to start
Good place to start and learn - After gaining 3-4 years experience remember to move to better CRO's and Sponsors. IQVIA is the largest CRO definitely not the best.

A company that focuses on quantity and not on quality
Pros
Learn a lot as you are thrown in the deep end, commuter package, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits (medical aid, pension, car allowance); Over Worked; Long hours; There is bias with promotions
Relaxed environment, worst compensation
More focused on increasing headcount than paying employees a fair salary.

Not much room for growth.

Management is close knit and there’s a lot of favoritism with friends getting jobs and being promoted.
2,0
My team was great to work with
As a Project Management Analyses would organize meetings with vendors, customers and our internal team. Makes sure that the my collage below me were giving me their report and updates on time. Needed Analyse reports and address the team.
Pros
Very much enjoyed the field I was working in.
Cons
Always would have a layout each day of my task and what needed to be accomplished that day
Productive and Fun place
Duties:

clinical trials.

Prepare TB samples for DNA extraction.

Recording information using QLIMS. Testing drugs in patients’ urine.

Safely disposing biological waste accumulated in the laboratory.

Operating autoclave machine, DNA counter machine, centrifuge and microscope(scanning, transmission and light).

Cleaning biological safety cabinet and benches with trigene and 70% alcohol.
Stunning company
Sad that I left due to organisational restructure as it is outstanding company with career opportunity and growth. Nice Global market and challenging work environment.
Challenging, dynamic company.
A typical day is fast paced, ever changing, challenging that encompasses many platforms and aspects of the business, one is always having to be 2 steps ahead.
I have learned and grown in many facets that span the operational functions through to business development, finance, strategy as well as the scientific and clinical functions of this company.

Management spans many continents and skill sets.

My co-workers are all highly skilled, driven individuals who have all been key in contributing to the ultimate success of this company.

The hardest part is to retain skilled staff and build a workforce of individuals who have been with the company for extended periods to ensure a strong knowledge and expertise pool.

I love people, I enjoy mentoring and growing people and watching them excel and become the best they can be.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Limited Resources
1,0
Compensation
The company underpays us and that demoralizes us.

Growth in the organization is very slow for me.

I still experience some segregation.

Personally, I have experienced the race line card.
Pros
Flexing
Very Productive
Learned to priorities and be organised, worked with wonderful people and loved clinical research. Most hardest part of the job was struggling to get organise a meeting with colleagues from abroad as everybody was scattered between US, EU etc.
5,0
The Company is driven through sales and deadlines . Fun place to work . Motivates personnel and very lean to help improve life work balance.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Team player
learned so much from the Research Pharmaceutical company but when you have a family it does put strain as I making daily deadlines becomes challenging. We have deadlines that we have to meet and we work as a team to help each other. I have learnt to work as a team. I have learnt to put my differences aside and concentrate on the job that we have to do. Most enjoyable part is meeting your deadlines with accurate results.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long after hours with no work life balance
2,0
Underpayed employees and underskilled management.
Quintiles is a big company with more employees, however I feel management is not skilled enough to create growth opportunities for the employees within the company. there is also a racial barrier in terms of who gets a better rating or promotion. Employees are not treated equally.
Pros
Flexing.
Cons
salary very little with lots of work, no company benefits except for 13th cheque
3,0
Global teams make the enviroment interesting and challenging
High pressured environment. If you dedicated and driven you will successed in the environment. Global teams make the enviroment interesting and challenging
Pros
Global
4,0
This has been a golden experience in my life with Quintiles since I have learned what a corporate environment is all about through them
A typical day at work will be consisting of raising database queries and issues to clinical sites and data reconciliation on database. I have learned how to use different databases, how to use a computer, how to organise meetings via Microsoft Outlook. I have also learned how to manage my work and preventing possible backlogs by working long hours to make sure all deliverables are cleared. My co-workers have been more than a team for me as we covered each one's work in their absentia to prevent work from piling up. The hardest part of the job was when one needed to concentrate long hours on a computer when approaching the deadline of a clinical study. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had successfully locked up a study with minimal database errors. This boosted us with a lot of confidence and optimism ahead of new clinical studies.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Cons
This job at times required long hours with extensive concentration