Isilumko

Isilumko Employee Reviews

South Africa22 reviews
3,0
Each promotion we did was inspiring and I learned a lot from them but the problem came to travel cost plus our salaries which really took a tall on me and forced me to leave my job
1,0
work on target
work normal hours

job culture

to work under pressure and pay attention.

to wear full uniform at work and to avoid late coming,pay attention
Pros
2inches
Cons
11hours
5,0
Brand promotion entailed working 8 hours on a Saturday and Sunday, sometimes Friday provided if the production launch is on a holiday or the opening of a new shop is on a working day. It required a person to be outspoken and friendly towards customers whom your trying to communicate the promotion of a new product to. You ought to be smart about how you approach people of different age groups and how you carry yourself needs to be strictly professional and also outgoing because your main aim is to make customers fall in love with the product your promoting but by not trying to look down on competing products in store. The job required time management skills were one should not spend much time with one customer while others are passing without being informed about the new product in store. The job teaches one about the reality of the world that, in life there are different types of people and people will react differently towards you and what your trying to promote. Therefore, any reaction or mistreatment of customers towards you should not be taken personally but as challenges met in the workplace. The most exciting moments about promoting products are when you educate people about things they did not know or they were not aware off and they give you that " thank you smile for enriching my knowledge". Like they always say, we learn new things everyday.
5,0
While the people at Iisilumko company were terrific to work with, I felt that the opportunities for me there were limited by the structure and size of the company. I believe that a larger company with an international presence can offer challenges and opportunities unavailable at a smaller establishment. The position with your company is a great match for my skill set, and I feel that I would be an asset to your marketing and IT department.
3,0
the place is good for a student it is a chance to mingle with other people and because its mostly students it allows you to engage with others when you thought you could not
Pros
getting to engage with a lot of people
Cons
you may not be called in for jobs
4,0
I loved working for Isilumko I miss it so much and I would love to work for a company like that again and I've learnt alot in sales from them. Isilumko has and is still helping alot of young people studying and unemployed
Pros
Easy job
3,0
They are a company that really looks into giving the youth an opportunity to start an see what making a living is . the vibes with this company is amazing they gave me an opportunity at 16 years old in high school earning my own money in promotions . being able to put them on my CV is great
3,0
It is fun and productive, requires someone who is punctual dedicated and loyal. I have learnt to communicate well, and to get sales going . I have learnt a lot while working with Isilumko. Your appearance, body language and attitude says a lot.
Pros
Fun
3,0
I was a general worker so I worked wherever they needed me.

I learned how books were binded and printed.

I helped with cornering of the books.

They manage their workers quite good.

The hardest part was me not learning stuff the way I thought I would.

And doing physical work was quite hard because I had to push pallets that was stacked with books, that was much higher than me and ending up with lower back pain.

I enjoyed the food, and meeting new people.
4,0
The working hours are not long.
I learned to interact with different type of people.

The work environment is fun.

And there's no cultural difference.
Cons
Awkward routes
3,0
would have to go to stores and promote a certain product for example laughing cow cheese,Revlon beauty products as well as any type of food or product. I learnt how to promote a brand and how to make sales how to look the brand
Pros
great work ethic
5,0
Since i am worked as a payroll i learnt a lot of thinks like how you calculate LEAVES,SDL,UIF and PAYE, and i was having a good working relation with my management and co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is when you receive hours late from the client and you have to work at home at night to reach the deadline.

The most enjoyable part of the work is when you done with your job and be informed that you don't have pay queries from the staff.
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Working from home at night to reach deadline
4,0
Wonderful company to work for. Managed well and cares for their promoters. Reliable and dedicated staff. It's really nice to work for them as a promoter.
Pros
short hours
Cons
the competition of other companies promoters, promoting with you.
4,0
Isilumko is a company that motivates you to grow & unlock all hidden personality traits & skills. Employees and employers have healthy relationships, being target driven is important as well as working together as a team to achieve higher results. I've developed major skills especially in being fast-paced and to work diligently. The best part is when we have to assign promoters to their campaign, to train and help them be better at what they do. When promotional items arrive e.g (Stay-Free sanitary towels) the respective promoters would give them out to the public and possibly keep the left overs as an incentive so it saves them extra costs in their cosmetics monthly purchases. My Public Relations qualification has definitely equipped me for aiming higher and to also be an excellent brand ambassador. There's nothing more important than building strong and healthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Pros
Fare Treatment of employees and wages paid on time
Cons
Very busy environment
3,0
Being a waiter was fun because every day I learned something new. I was a great waiter and always did more than I needed to. That's the type of person I am - I always give 150%. For instance, I didn't just do my duties acting as a waiter/cashier, I also tried my best in getting the restaurants imported consumable products sold. Example: Rice-biscuits and aloe-juice. By doing this I increased the companies sales and broadened their customer base to a diverse group of people ready to eat and try new things.
Pros
having a basic as well as getting tips
Cons
long hours and mustr wait for restaurant to close before leaving the store.
3,0
the management is too weak and their are exploiting employees
yesihave learned a lot about warehouse there

the supervisor there are not doing their gojob very well
3,0
Awesome start up place to initiate my career,however job advancement is a little slow and opportunities were few.
4,0
I did promoting of numerous products which involved explaining product benefits to consumers. I learned how to interact efficiently. I had to ensure management of stock of products and my working equipment. We usually worked on our own but would sometimes be paired with another promoter which was great. The hardest part was dealing with customers that had a bad attitude. The best part was the successful completion of a campaign.
Pros
Interacting with people
4,0
I really enjoyed working for this company as I got to interact with people on a daily base and working with different product and geographical areas got me to know more about marketing advertising.
Pros
Working with different people
4,0
I worked with a good team,
Work is very productive

There is good communication between management and staff

there is a relaxed environment

tasks are well set out
Pros
flexible times, good hours
3,0
It was a job to earn some money and be independent while I was still a student.
Pros
Did not work everyday.
Cons
Less hours worked less pay.