Isilumko

Isilumko Employee Reviews for Promoter

Promoter12 reviews
South Africa12 reviews
3,0
the place is good for a student it is a chance to mingle with other people and because its mostly students it allows you to engage with others when you thought you could not
Pros
getting to engage with a lot of people
Cons
you may not be called in for jobs
4,0
I loved working for Isilumko I miss it so much and I would love to work for a company like that again and I've learnt alot in sales from them. Isilumko has and is still helping alot of young people studying and unemployed
Pros
Easy job
3,0
It is fun and productive, requires someone who is punctual dedicated and loyal. I have learnt to communicate well, and to get sales going . I have learnt a lot while working with Isilumko. Your appearance, body language and attitude says a lot.
Pros
Fun
4,0
The working hours are not long.
I learned to interact with different type of people.

The work environment is fun.

And there's no cultural difference.
Cons
Awkward routes
3,0
would have to go to stores and promote a certain product for example laughing cow cheese,Revlon beauty products as well as any type of food or product. I learnt how to promote a brand and how to make sales how to look the brand
Pros
great work ethic
4,0
Wonderful company to work for. Managed well and cares for their promoters. Reliable and dedicated staff. It's really nice to work for them as a promoter.
Pros
short hours
Cons
the competition of other companies promoters, promoting with you.
3,0
Being a waiter was fun because every day I learned something new. I was a great waiter and always did more than I needed to. That's the type of person I am - I always give 150%. For instance, I didn't just do my duties acting as a waiter/cashier, I also tried my best in getting the restaurants imported consumable products sold. Example: Rice-biscuits and aloe-juice. By doing this I increased the companies sales and broadened their customer base to a diverse group of people ready to eat and try new things.
Pros
having a basic as well as getting tips
Cons
long hours and mustr wait for restaurant to close before leaving the store.
4,0
I did promoting of numerous products which involved explaining product benefits to consumers. I learned how to interact efficiently. I had to ensure management of stock of products and my working equipment. We usually worked on our own but would sometimes be paired with another promoter which was great. The hardest part was dealing with customers that had a bad attitude. The best part was the successful completion of a campaign.
Pros
Interacting with people
4,0
I really enjoyed working for this company as I got to interact with people on a daily base and working with different product and geographical areas got me to know more about marketing advertising.
Pros
Working with different people
4,0
I worked with a good team,
Work is very productive

There is good communication between management and staff

there is a relaxed environment

tasks are well set out
Pros
flexible times, good hours
3,0
It was a job to earn some money and be independent while I was still a student.
Pros
Did not work everyday.
Cons
Less hours worked less pay.
3,0
I enjoyed the work but I also want to do more. I only recieved calls every soond week about work. Sometimes it was extremely short notice and ultimately had to reject the job.
Pros
When you get paid, they included everything. They pay for food, petrol and wadges
Cons
Could take very long before a good job comes around