J.B. Hunt
3,3 out of 5 stars.

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Showing all 3 407 reviews

Installing is good but delivering 500pd refrigerator is not.

This company is an great place to work. The pay was not. The type of work was very demanding and it take a toll on your physical body. I wouldn't go back and work for this company.

Pros

Learning something new

Cons

no good helpers

6 February 2020
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we take all comments into consideration.

It’s great.

Al management is always there lending a helping hand from minor fast fixes, to something that may take a little more effort. There is never a manager that baulks at a team members looking for help! while paint a clear picture of career advancement.

Great culture and diversity!

Great company to work for! Lots of opportunities! Make you feel welcomed and included! Lots of diversity and opportunities for advancements. Work-life balance is top notch!

The team here truly listens and supports one another, partnership is strong and people care about one another’s successes. Growth opportunity is tremendous as well!

Thriving Company - Growth and Culture Focused!

J.B. Hunt is a leader in the industry, and growing by leaps and bounds every day. The company culture is very inclusive and dedicated to a family-feel where you can feel like you belong and your personal work-life balance needs are met; it is truly one of the greatest places to work! The people are what makes the company so compelling to work at and makes it a place you will want to stay and push for success for yourself, your team, and the company as a whole!

Pros

Work-Life, Culture, Benefits, People, Perks, Security, Stability, Growth

Great work environment and culture

JBH has great leaders! Always pushing for inclusion and growth and to work hard towards our goals as a company. The work is great as well as the flexibility it provides.

Inclusive and Empowering

I have never worked for a company that I love as much as I love J.B. Hunt! I regularly feel empowered by the work that I do and the culture and inclusivity is incredible. J.B. Hunt has employee resource groups for everyone!

It sucks all the time

Jb hunt doesn't care about the driver's at all they will work the out of you and not even care 16 hrs a day is nothing to jb hunt if you don't like it you will be replaced

It’s a good starter company

Like I said it is good company to start with it’s just not a forever job. Most of the accounts are great to work for. Some of the bigger accounts the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. So there can be multiple annoying calls about the same thing.

difficult job

It's not for everyone; constantly working all the time. they would text with instructions that were always changing. always promised i would work 5 days instead of 6 but rarely happened.

Not Bad for a Recent Graduate

I enjoyed my time at JB Hunt. However, there is no room for advancement if you don't ask to learn more. Our account is busy and there are opportunity to branch out and take on new tasks.

28 June 2022
Thank you for your review. We are always working to improve, so we appreciate you providing your feedback.

Safty

They work hard on safety and in less you have been with them for years then they don't give medical leave paid. When situations arise and you can't work there anymore they don't have time to help out

Great place to retire/slow down on work not very fast.

Typical work day come in and do preventative maintenance on the truck assigned that day to you. Management is good as people but not as management. No room for advancement. But as a floor tech you’ll get along with alot of other techs and enjoy the people your with.

28 June 2022
Employee feedback is important to us, so we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team.

Stop and shop account

Pretty easy, good pay and home every day...they do have favorites tho, so if you're looking for morning shift you'd have to wait in line. Be prepared to start in afternoons and finish late at night

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Need seniority to get the morning shifts

Management is the worst

I worked there in intermodal division for 10.5 years over the years we got pay raises but you get paid by the load and traffic is so bad anymore you can’t make any money if you’re on days your stuck doing live loads and making even less I worked nights for 8.5 years when I went to days I went broke had to leave find a new job. Management is the worst and I’ve been trucking 31years. But the dedicated division from the drivers I know do pretty good good luck

Wouldn’t recommend

They lure you in with a starting wage but once you start working they don’t give you the work needed to make said wage. Management doesn’t care about employees. Once I find something else I’ll be leaving. I Don’t recommend this company

22 June 2022
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We are always working to improve the driver experience and will pass your feedback on to our team.

Hard work. good pay.

Driving in Chicago is the biggest issue. Tight streets and turns, terrible drivers, rude people, HONKING, short tempers, short bridges. construction and endless waiting in traffic.

22 June 2022
We look at feedback and take it into consideration. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

It was a good company to work for

It's a easy job,never really have to worry about getting fired, after 6 months you get to chose your shift and there lenient with days off. But what kills it is the management, they will ignore you and forget about you and the pay is terrible, a job where you have to compete with other drivers for work, only kiss and favorite get easy load and make the most money

Pros

Job security, flexible work shift, days off

Cons

Terrible driver managers, competitive pay

22 June 2022
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We are always working to improve the driver experience and will use your feedback moving forward.

Productivity and management

Favoritism by some management may affect productivity. I left because of that. A good place to start as a new driver with good pay and benefits. They have many dedicated accounts which can fit your life and schedule.

Pros

Hire new drivers

22 June 2022
We take comments into consideration and appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Truck driver

Bad place to work don't care much about the employees its all about getting the work done. Does not pay a decent wage and very systematic worse place I have ever work trucks are slow and we are constantly getting harras by safety team who knows nothing about driving. Cameras are always on the minute you hit the breaks hard or any little infractions on the road. Not worth your time for all the trouble

22 June 2022
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We are always working to improve the driver experience and will consider this feedback moving forward.

Positive work culture

Management is very supportive and understanding, coworkers are great, lots of activities to get involved in the workplace, tons of advancement opportunities, growth and development opportunities, fun and happy atmosphere

Pros

Vendors, music, activities, group outings

17 June 2022
Thank you for the review! We love hearing positive feedback from our employees. We appreciate everything you do and are happy you’re part of our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 407 reviews

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,1 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • J.B. Hunt
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?