JPMorgan Chase

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

South Africa12 reviews
4,0
Serious Management
With JP Morgan we faced red tape around each corner especially when we implement new rules on our matching criteria. Management had very little interest in staff. Staff turnaround was a concerning factor and create uncertainty.
Pros
working independent
1,0
Was the most horrendous place to work
I was treated like a slave, mocked. Everyday people told me I won't cope, scared me till I went and resigned. They told me to stay. When my boss got back they told me to go!! Not to ruin their reputation. I took matter to HR her words were " well you don't fit our culture as NO training was provided and everyone had bad attitues. Nonone was friendly or helpful to assist. Lots of gossiping
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
My life at JP Morgan formely Martin and Company
I started out as a typist and gradually enhanced my career to Script Manager. My main role was to ensure that each buyer of shares received what was bought and those who sold their shares received their money. Working without computers, all paper based our administrative skills and ability to organize and keep track of every share certificate that entered our offices was highly required.
Pros
Exhilarating world of Stock broking
Cons
Highly pressured
excellent place to work
I enjoyed working here very much. Very mature work ethic. the culture was very professional. everyone knew their job function very well. company was excellent at innovation. was very proud to carry the name
4,0
Work at Curo
Great learning experience.

I have gained and learned about work and personal life and made loads of experiences.

Top management were very approachable and my CFO always wanted to upskill his team and communication was very important.
5,0
Productive, professional and fun workplace
Fast paced, high energy, lots of learning and partnering with local management and staff as well as the EMEA region team.

I had a huge learning curve. Lots of support, cooperation and collaboration from management and staff.

A great HR team to work within. Fun and passionate about the service provided

I enjoyed graduate recruitment, running learnerships and graduate programmes for a year, winter internships, ensuring employees upskilled themselves as well as employee wellness and serving on many committees.
Pros
Continuous learning
5,0
Lovely Organisation would work there any day
Worked for a new department - exciting young and vibrant. Learning everyday.

I enjoyed the team mates, loved the diverse work load.

I would work there again.
Top-notch work place
Smart, talented bankers.

Fast-paced environment, driven colleagues, tightly knit team
1,0
After six years of successfully working remotely for Chase, an across the board decision was made to no longer allow remote workers. No explanation was provided and many experienced and long term employees lost their jobs, even though Chase was hiring for the same or similar positions at Chase facilities. It is not in the best interest of the company to lay off experienced long term employees whose jobs are production based (verifiable production) and have successfully telecommuted for years and hire inexperienced workers only because they have access to a Chase facility. Chase purports "doing the right thing". This was not doing the right thing for long term employees, especially as the lack of explanation for the decision indicated a lack of respect for these employees and their tenure with the company.
Stressful but rewarding Environment
Screened all telephone calls
Diary and email management

Preparation and authorisation of all marketing material.

Arranged all international and local travel and accommodation

Planned and co-ordinate functions, seminars, cocktails, lunches and dinners

Minute taking on Dictaphone and copy typing

Processing of travel and entertainment expenses

Controlled and reconciled petty cash

Project Management

Prepared presentations for new business

Assisted with monthly project budgets
Pros
Free Lunches
2,0
Average
An organisation that focusses only on Client Relationship and not an overall 'PEOPLE" experience which includes employees and the community
Pros
Large Organization
Cons
Imbalance in work life balance
productive and busy
everyday is a challenge and a learning curve and the job is quite challengin to and the people are great too work with.
the hardest part of the job is long hours but there is growth and a lot to learn daily
Pros
great team members