Johnson & Johnson
Information from Johnson & Johnson:

Johnson & Johnson Management reviews

South Africa75 reviews
5,0
I'm interested to work Johnson and Johnson medical again. I'm hard working. I have a good experience with stock , warehouse and scanner and computer. I have a good communication with colleagues and Management.
5,0
Fantastische werkomgeving met state-of-the-art faciliteiten. Echt goede work-life balans en een bedrijf dat om uw veiligheid en welzijn bekommert. De bedrijfscultuur is hetzelfde in elke faciliteit in de wereld.
Pros
Goed salaris, behandeld met waardigheid en respect, gezond werk leven balans, goede kans voor ontwikkeling
Cons
Als een multi-nationale bedrijfseenheid kunnen beslissingen lang duren
5,0
I enjoyed.to worked at Johnson and Johnson.Management and staff were very good to me. I was answering the phones helping incoming clients,recording of Documents.
Pros
Free fruits
5,0
I worked for this company for a period of only three months but it was indeed a place where one could enjoy working for and the stuff was very kind including management.
Pros
Free coffee every day
Cons
The distance from Soweto to Midrand but free transport is available for employees
5,0
it is a very friendly place to work at , the staff makes you feel very welcome you feel at home. very productive and more to learn . and the management knows how to handle time
Pros
lunch
Cons
payed lunch
4,0
johnson and johnson is a great company to work for.
Unfortunately the new management is not that good to work for.
i start at 7 in the morning and i go about doing my job and finish at 4 in the afternoon
4,0
Lack of management in the work place, meaning Managers were hired that do not understand the work and how the company works.
Shift leaders hired that are not willing to understand how to lead the team and not willing to learn the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
useless management
5,0
Great company to work for,people very friendly,management cares a lot for its employees and Safety comes first and everything done based on our Credo which is the customer,nurses and doctors,employees and stake holder's and our families
5,0
The company has great hospitality, wonderful management and very educational.I defenatly enjoyed myself, I am very honored to be working with the company.
Pros
commission
Cons
Good hours
4,0
Every employee working for the company is a living evidence of Johnson and Johnson's values which were printed on the wall as you enter the plant. These values were the guidelines for the successPeople respected one another and shared same values and objectives. Management always take a lead in influencing change, continuous improvement and so quick in resolving any issues arising. There is no hardest part of the job except for daily challenges that were manageable. I enjoyed team work and collaboration among all departments.
Pros
Monthly performance rewards
2,0
Customer service is a very high quality in this company. Need time management, and need to be able to work under a lot of pressure. Need a positive mindset and confident in yourself as a person. And u need to be willing to learn and help others.
Pros
Canteen Money, when permanent
Cons
If work needs to be done. U work untill u done.
3,0
A typical day at work was mostly jovial and very routinal. I learnt the emphasis and importance of Quality and safety in a n establishment.
I had a fairly good relationship with management as I have strong communication skills. Hardest part of the job was not having enough support to do the job to the best of my ability.

Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with people in our own departments and other departments.
Pros
Sport on site
Cons
shift work
5,0
I was working shifts there i've learned a lot most we used to rotate to other position.How to put put jars on a machine,batching and labelling.Setting machine to put cap on the product silling the product with a plastic and pack the product to the cutboards.Management was so kind the hardest part of the job is when they increase the spead of machines you find that u are not coping .The most enjoyable part of the job is when you put the jars on the machine .
Pros
Receiving bonus if we reach the target
Cons
Working 12 hours
4,0
Customer-focused company driven by it's customers, quality products and reputation with a strong focus on quality. Long hours can be expected on more occasions then not.
Pros
Flexible working hours is aligned to management
5,0
A nice and clean environment to work at. Good communication and management. Well informed co-workers and helpful individuals. Good teamwork when things go wrong like sudden product changes. Learned how to handle pressure with ease.
5,0
It is fun because we have facilities in place, example gym and canteen. there is a high calture of colaboration with other departments. The style of management was openness. Workers were honest to the company and management, example if they have made a mist they informs us before we found out. Month end or cut off we are expected to find all invoices and this can lead to finishing very late. Bosberaad that we had with workers addressing work related issues there after enjoy ourselves.
Pros
Will give free lunch and nominate them for anchar award.
Cons
Company will pay for long hours and buy them meals
Manufacture and produce products
Monitor and control manufacturing lines

Team management and coaching
Ordering, picking and storing goods
Enjoyed working in automotive environment and using my acquired knowledge and skills

I learned to how to prioritize, make informed decisions and co-ordinate an integrated environment
Pros
Lunch, Study Leave, Annual Leave
Cons
Overtime
4,0
A typical day at work can include:
- creating / reviewing material, product and process specifications and conducting the relevant revisions and updates

- planning and conducting trials on the lines

- preparing trial protocols for the trials

- preparing trial reports post-trial

- liasing with suppliers on new and existing materials

- product testing (finishing and research)

- claim work / competitor analysis

- correcting "legacy" issues

Things I have learnt:

- always have a robust process in place

- always look for ways to improve a process to make it faster and less complicated

- look for innovative solutions that may not be normally considered

- always look for ways to improve cost

- always look for ways to improve the product (with little impact to cost)

- inform people about what you're doing

Management:
- Keen to offer support where possible

Co-workers:

- sometimes need "hand-holding" to ensure correct procedures and processes are followed

- friendly and willing to learn

- do not hold themselves accountable for the work that they are conducting at times

Hardest part of my job:

- managing expectations

- can over commit myself to work

- not delegating enough

Most enjoyable part:

- managing projects

- introducing new products / materials

- travelling overseas for training / expos

- international networking
Pros
Travelling opportunities, networking with colleagues from other regions (Europe, Latam, Apac), opportunities to work in another country
Cons
Long hours at times
5,0
i have learned how to work in a fast and challenging industry. and to work in a very precise machine to produce quality products.
the management was very good in leading, organizing and taking good decisions.
co- workers ware team players, supportive, competing to archive goals.

the hardest part was to maintain the machine,run the line and control the sub-ordinates to do their job.

is when u come up with a project and it works right to attain better results and when its shut down time fixing the lines following your plan of maintenance.
Pros
not haves
Cons
work a lot and long hours.
5,0
My day starts the moment I clock in because I there is always something thnat will need my attention.I find joy in knowing I am working with a flexible team that can self manage themselves and are accontable.
There is always something new,whether it is job related or a co-worker making a day brighter.

The long exhausting hours sometimes take a toll on me because I neglect my family.
Pros
Good Management policies
Cons
Demanding job and requres an extra effort and sacrifices
5,0
Good Company to work for but unfortunately no growth for me as I work in the Finance Department but have a Electronics Diploma. Looking for an Engineering Company. I work with very wonderful people. The Management is not bad at all. day to day work is ok but very hard in the monthends as I work till very late and most weekends on the monthends I also work.
Pros
Subsidised lunches
Cons
late hours of work including weekends every monthend!