Johnson Controls
Information from Johnson Controls:

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

South Africa44 reviews
4,0
The old management were more of the 'do as I tell you' style guys. With the JCI's development approach, it introduced & encouraged personal responsibility, development & safety.
This was introduced in toolbox talks & life skills coaching to ensure full participation.

This also forced a change in workplace culture with a new approach of planning your work & applying safety principles.

The hardest part of the job was having to change mind sets who were resistant to change. This presented its own challenges.

The most enjoyable was seeing the completion of a planned & executed job, when the client is satisfied that we've made a difference especially to improve their production.
5,0
Working for Jonson Control was the best years of my life .They provide us with computer trainings inside already paid I received a Peer Education through them.
5,0
Entrepreneurs value employees who are constantly striving to make themselves better—having a more skilled team leads to a better company. I love when my employees say, ‘I want to learn more about this,’ or ‘I really think I could help the company by moving into this area.’ It’s up to each employee to figure out how he or she can be best utilized in a growing company.
5,0
Working with Johnson Controls was a great experience for me and I am very proud to be a part of the team and I am very excited about the future, working with the same tipe of company. I have learned a lot
5,0
A large corporation that has a lot to offer. Every day has new opportunities to learn and develop in technology and personally.
In order to be the best, I challenged myself to put meaningful content into a technical training course and making the learning environment enjoyable and memorable.

Not only was I involved with technical training, but also presenting to end users on solutions and to assist in closing deals.

My job description also involved solution sales training and advanced services such as end user technical training and system commissioning.
5,0
In control of and managing the following different department.
Meet established objectives in operating systems.

In charge of the departments: nissan interior and outside contracts; nissan jit seat assembly; maintenance; quality; process; engineering and production.
Pros
Medical aid, Cell phone, Pension fund
1,0
it was a difficult job for me because the person that i was working with was a female and she was dating my supervisor so most of the time they would go out and leave me with most of the work.
Pros
it was not far from where i live
Cons
it was straining
Lots ofChallenges
UNIX, MFGPRO, Logistics

Good management team

Great workplace culture. Friendly people always willing to assist

Learning the JIT system

Working with OEM's with IT issues
Pros
Benefits, Good Team
5,0
Dedicated regional management team. High level involvement in all tasks associated wth the account. Focused on client satisfaction and overall well being.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Delays in mplpementing plans
1,0
We have work for this company under contract basis and our contracts stipulates very clearly that we are not going to be taken on a permanent base so it was don't even have words to describe had I felt about such situation.
Pros
When working over time
Cons
When doing stock take
4,0
Johnson Controls introduced me to the facilities management industry. Their systems and processes were thorough and training was excellent in terms of facilities management industry and health and safety
3,0
Johnson Controlls was a lovely place to work. We that has worked there build a strong bond between each other over the years we were there, but sadly we had to close down due to lost of bussiness.
3,0
Had to leave due to a bad divorce that I went through. Great team. Good integrity. Long working hours but worth it. HSE is the best in EL I think.
5,0
Learned a lot. Company provides different work sites work experiences. Good to learn and to do our skills. Helps us to improve our skills. Conducting training programmes. Very good platform for an employee
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
Healthcares
3,0
Toolbox talk opens each day. Discussions about the unsafe conditions, acts that the team observed the previous day. Jobs get delegated to members, the plane takes off.
Pros
Good performance vouchers sometimes.
Cons
Travelling to countries not very safe.
3,0
The company offers a variety of opportunities and it enhances one's skills. A very well established company to work for and expand knowledge.
Managing workflow process

Keeping the SOPs in check

Excellent management in place

The company provides employees with a lot of opportunities to learn
3,0
It is a busy environment which require focus and dedication from an individual.

I work hard when under pressure because always i know the importance of my job requirement so i can survive well during a typical day at work.
Pros
Cons
Requested to work over time at some days
4,0
A typical day was speaking with customers and interacting with Management and co-workers. A nice place to work. I worked with great individuals that provided me the skills to move forward in my career.
5,0
A typical day at work would be one of hard work and fun.Colleagues are also there to help when you cannot complete everything in a day.Culture of hardwork and dedication to job.
Pros
Perfect working hours
Cons
Take very long to employ employees as permanent
3,0
Johnson Controls is an international company with good employee benefits and has diverse culture among the employees and clients. Through all the challenges I faced it has been a good experience.
5,0
We take pride in making Johnson Controls a vibrant, rewarding place to work. Our secret? The power of our people. Our leaders are authentic and passionate. They embrace new ideas, foster collaboration and make our employees’ experience the best it can be. And our workforce includes a diverse group of creative talent from around the world. Learn more about why Johnson Controls is a great place to work
Pros
Free lunches for staff if there is work shops and trainings
Cons
Normal working Hours