K2 Security
3,0 out of 5 stars.

K2 Security Employee Reviews

3,0Work-Life Balance

Good workplace

It’s a Good place to work with supportive and understanding management plenty of shiftsA balance of events football static shifts so every day is different

Easy stewarding

The job is quite easy but getting paid can take awhile sometimes so make sure all the the documents you are applying with are up to date .if you have any problems they are quick to respond but can take a long time solving it they pay by cheque .

Pros

Relaxing

Cons

Zero hour contact

Good

Good and always recommend people to apply for K2 jobWe offer a comprehensive range of security services for every purpose and occasion, ensuring work of the highest standard.

o hour contracts use staff untill they burn outwill give u work as long as it suits them.

will use staff to their advantage and will use u untill someone better comes along. as long as u do what they want as an when they want its fine. wont return the favour if dont suit them. will break all working condition regulations if can get away with it.

Pros

plenty of excerise

Cons

long hours work can variy

Good Place to Work

Fun events to work at (e.g as football stadiums etc) great management & good opportunity for progression (e.g team leader, supervisor roles etc) SIA courses at discounted prices

Pros

Opportunity for progression

Nearly all their stewards do not have any stewarding qualifications.

Easy money, easy work basically the point is get paid and do1 no friendships here managers don’t know who you are and couldn’t give two sh1ts they just sign you up like they did with 1000 others just another name on the book.They also don’t pay some staff some been waiting months.

Pros

Don’t have to attend shifts if you don’t feel like it, hire basically anybody.

Cons

Wages in cheque, Don’t care about their staff, Having to travel from Birmingham all the way to Further up Dudley to get paid.

Dont work for them

Pay late or not at all ,some sites your in your car with no hot drinks or toilets try to cut hours short, you need to work at Xmas for normal pay or they don't give you any more work

Cons

Really terrible company to work for in the manner they treat you especially not paying you accordingly and not receiving any holiday entitlement.And lack of respect towards you

If you could only put 0 stars

I would never recommend this company they are so unfair to their staff its unreal they run it with a blind fold they keep sending you different places without notice and you'd be lucky to get paid what you worked its all a cheque you HAVE to collect from dudley if not you aint getting paid. Avaoid

Pros

Lol

Terrible company avoid

Never actually started working for them as they lost my application, after calling about a number different jobs I was never called.Was told by many different security workers too avoid working for them and can see why.The management haven't a clue what their doing.

Pros

Non

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at K2 Security?

Exellent

Top management Easy work Everyone has your back Good hours and pay A happy work environment Plenty of fresh air and free food Good uniform at hand

Pros

Flexibility

I enjoy

Nothing I enjoy it staff here are friendly and helpful service good company to work with it really good for work k2 security good company really good job to

I enjoyed working at K2 security

Would love to work there again under frank top bloke the other stewards there were understanding it what roles they were doing we were told what to do and we just got on with it and we worked as a team and was a relaxed environment,if anyone was thinking of going to work for K2 i would...

Easy and laid back

Apart from a few drunk people at stadiums that can get annoying. K2 stewarding is pretty good and well payed for the amount of hours and it doesn't clash with other part time jobs I do.

Learnt how to be safe in crowd venues

I was employees to help do security across the Midland areas at football and rugby games e.g Wasps, Birmingham Fc and Aston Vila Fc. The job have me a great insight in security responsibilities and how to run large crowd events saftely.

Overall really good

Again with this company it is a great atmosphere to work in. I experienced stuff i never thought i would. I had on site training to add to my sia licence. I worked places i never thought i would. Everyone is amazing to work with i made friends for life with this company

Interesting, professional and enjoyable work

Serious work ethic comes with the role,but it is also fun working for them and the support for employees is very good,especially with the chance to advance your knowledge and skills furthering your career and job propects the tutors on the SIA course I have just completed were well versed and helpful they offer an opportunity to advance within tbe company I suggest that if you are looking to get into security work then K2 are the company to approach,but don' t take my word for it try them for yourself. Every day is different, the hardest part of the job is sometimes the start times are early gut there are compensations for this such as the camaraderie between the employer and employee is really good. As is the support network.

very good

Rate this company*required - very good Overall rating - very good Job Work/Life Balance - very good Salary/Benefits - very good Job Security/Advancement - very good Management - very good Job Culture - very good

excellent place to work

The company is great and the management is marvellous. I have never encountered any problems or issues with this company. I've been treated fairly and the staff are also great. In addition, the salary and benefits are great and the job work/life balance is also wondrous.

Avoid this unprofessional company

Biggest waste of time, they say they need staff, but I’ve never been contacted to come in and do any hours. Wasted my time even filling in their application form and dropping it off to there office in Dudley. The event manager is full of bs, never seen a manager like this before. Be warned!

Terrible employer

Unprofessional company with a low regard or their employees. Always looking for an excuse to reduce the already poor wages they pay. Be it a "screening fee" or fines for every conceivable excuse.

Pros

Cons

Dont pay you for the extra time you put it. No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at K2 Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
2,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • K2 Security
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?