KFC

Restaurant Manager42 reviews
South Africa42 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 30 686 reviews

Productive, diverse and fun place to work

The skills and experience you gain is great, you learn so much, meet many different people and work with different people. Working at KFC is a life long learning process, you start as a trainee and work your way up to which ever position you want to by growing your knowledge. Its the best experience because it makes you stronger physically and mentally.

Pros

Free lunch per shift worked, learn something new each day

Cons

Spend more time at work than home

I recognize them on all training and how they build new workers from having no experience to turn them into something

I was start working at the Kfc group as a Restaurant Manager .I previously had experience in furniture Retail from sales to Acting Manager.I definitely recognize them how they build their employees .They have a well build platform to satisfied their customers and a structure to train team members on a daily base.Team work are the Biggest key for them ,However they must learn to work on issues regarding employee salaries and benefits .I would still recommend people to work for the Kfc Group .

Pros

Free staff meals

Cons

Very long hours

Working as a team

Everyone is willing to help where they can and u earn knowledge and experience in the company their recognitions everyone is benefiting from the company vas they train their staff for everything

Pros

Free lunch and free transportation when working night

Cons

No holiday on December

Fun but lot of pressure

When you work at kfc firsley its very hard you need to be consistent at all the time.beause there's procedure that needs to be followed you need to put you focus in everything you do.it may seem beautiful outside but not easy on the inside.

Pros

I piece of chicken and pap

Stressful

Was great when i started out but with change in operations management it became a dreadful place to work. Long hours and too much expected from a rgm.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Very long hours

Fun work place

It's good working in KFC i really did enjoy especially when we have to do the ayeye moment for the customers its feels great and fun for us as a team.

Pros

Staff meals

Recognition culture

I love the recognition culture as it motivate the staff to give their best at their work, and the team work it's a working tool as it helps us to achieve even more successful on goals set for the day.

Not reccomend to work for

I work for Kfc for 27 years. The first 23 years was a wonderful experience we were trained and care for by the owners. We were well paid and received bonusses and yearly incentives. Then we got new owners and everything changes all they cared for was money. They hired new people for less and find all legal ways to get rid of the old well paid ones. I gave my life for this company but sadly wasn't treat well at the end.

alive culture and recognition culture is alive

to be very productive,i have learned a lot in team building dealing with difficult customers and experience in food and beverages safety and risk management

I rate kfc as a better place to work

KFC is not fair on management especially the one am from because is family business they were not treating us fairly. But what I rate them 100% is on developing, they can develop you from cashier, supervisor and to manager

Fun to work at KFC

You learn New thinks that you can apply at home and and any store that you buy your food at. Customer experience how they feel about your store makes you change the way you can better the store. Team work and let you team have a say in the goals and target that need to be achieved. Feedback and recognition is the best key to success.

Pros

Cons

Yes but you get paid for it.

exciting and fun

You need to be quick, fast food business. they have elaborated on my knowledge especially in the management side of my growth. I've learned to be patient, and understand people. The hardest part of my work was the disciplinary side of the system, you are encouraged to discipline a person but must reason and consider endless factors. it needs to simplified. I enjoyed putting smiles on my employees faces, with endless recognitions, this is for them to repeat their best performance

Very structured company in terms of tranning and policies

A demanding job where time is concerned the company invests a lot into your tanning and development there is a lot of room for growth. The work culture needs a bit of work as it does not filter downwards to every person in the company.

Pros

free meals

Cons

Staff welfare

Great company, good benefits Lovely management from top to medium to General. Lots of growing opportunities. They have the best working conditions. They also have good condition equipment

yearly retreats in a form of conferences

interaction with store managers and other employees, conducting individual development for supervisors and staff member who are eligible for promotions . recognition of staff on achievements at store level. challenges encountered changing staff mindset to minimize absenteesm and abscounding .

Helps pay the bills

Teaches you life skills and humility. You become disciplined. Gave me good work ethic and developed me into a strong manager . All round thinking out of the box.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Little room to advance

productivity

open store, conduct staff briefings. Start operations of the store. Receive stock and capture. Run store and ensure customer satisfaction. Deal with customer complaints, work extra hours and do not get paid overtime or time owing to you or no recognition.

Pros

meeting people

Good for starters

It was fun while it lasted, but the salary for me was not that good had to work 2years as an assistant to the manager but getting paid as a supervisor.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

We took breaks

Fun to work with

Just because i love people we always find a way to make ourselves feel at home. this is where we spend most of our time we need to make fun while we working hard to achieve the goals of the company and our goal. the nice thing about being here is to have a team like the one i have in my store no matter how hard the things can be they always come up with something that will make you forget about you problems a bit they always offer their shoulders to cry on.i have learned to love people but never forget to put myself in spot light while loving others. there are things that i always wish i can change but its beyond my control like favourism from the boss that kills the team moral. that the very one thing i do not like about my company. mistake are there no one is perfect in this world if you do not understand that word it is too bad for people you working with.

Pros

free meals

good company to work for

This was a good company to work for, the challenge was the communication highlighting the reasons as to why certain promises were not met. (feedback not given on time) .Promises made were not met at the time given

Pros

international company

Cons

Not enough feedbak

They gave the right training to create fun in workplace.

Rohloff group is the best KFC group in the Western Cape.Team and Management always got the right training. Well connected at all restaurants levels.Good people skills.They give good salaries and look after the people who work for them.

Pros

Yes they give free lunches and recognition is part of culture

Cons

No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KFC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 30 686 reviews

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,2 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • KFC
  • Restaurant Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?