Kerry Foods

Kerry Foods Employee Reviews

South Africa20 reviews
4,0
Vey dynamic, challenging and the culture of the company is extremely wonderful. There is so much diversity different cultures and personalities. Management performs reviews on your performance to groom you. The hardest part of the Job is when you don't ask for assistance whereas there is always someone ready to assist you in times of difficulty. The work space is an open plan setting creating a very comfortable and interactive relationship with your colleagues. A typical day at Kerry; you walk into the office everyone greets each other , we meet up for coffee in the kitchen, we have breakfast in the kitchen , catch up on small talk and catch up again for lunch in the garden with another employee. Along the day we share a few laughs and work hard for the same goal customer satisfaction. I've learned to balance and that you can have fun while working.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Extra effort is needed after hours
2,0
There is growth but only for certain people. Medical aid is not subsidized or even a percentage of it. Some managers are good others have no management skills at all. Hence some employees are happy and others are not. There is work life balance only if you are in a higher position.
Pros
I made some good colleagues
Cons
Not everyone is treated equally
5,0
I still know how to handle the allergen stock as it requires separate space from the other material and I know that stock has expired you keep them on quarantine, health and safety is recommended as the priority in all areas to save the lives of everyone working at Kerry .
2,0
Good company, good salary, management change needed. Old employees stuck in there old ways. Wrong people placed in wrong position ...................
2,0
Long hard working hour's a day and time is six to six .I have learned that it is hard to be a man. The management it good cause it have good managers.The work floor always clearn .
3,0
I was working at Kerry for 6years. It was a high pressure environment because we had to meet daily targets. We worked 12 hour shifts 4 days a week. We worked day and night shifts. We had to comply with ISO 140001 standard and BRC standards. I learned how to deal with different individuals from all walks of life.
Pros
13 Cheque
5,0
Lots of opportunities for growth if you are in the flavour or food service segment. Great culture and people, fast paced environment, team atmosphere with people who are willing to help out with whatever needs to be done.
5,0
customer service industry. I have learned how to handle and build relationships with difficult customer's . Management was always supportive and always willing assist. The culture is quite awesome.
The people at Kerry was the best we are like a family.
Pros
flexi hours
3,0
I really enjoyed working at the company but the the only thing that i regret is that i never get to be employed permanently ,because of the CEO we had .Until i left the campany 2014 ,we worked like a big family at kerry foods
4,0
The management is very helpful and approachable, including top management

This is a company where you can grow and also have opportunities to travel abroad.

You get to interact with different cultures and exposure to national and international people.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
chocolate factory- not good for the diet :-)
4,0
Challenging environment, plenty of room for growth with in, fast paced, good benefits, friendly staff, plenty of employees with long service in the company
Pros
Flexible shift pattern
3,0
The company is productive and is helpfull to the staff I'm looking forward to get quality in plumbing trade .

I'm willing to add more value to which ever company that may grant me an opportunity and I'm current young to spend more time in company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
4,0
A normal day was exciting as there would be no overtime. Collecting samples and doing microbial testing was the part I enjoyed most.I did also like talking and consulting with other laboratories in South Africa and getting more knowledge on Microbiology and Food. Interaction with the production workers in the field was awesome and interesting. I did not like it when I'm alerted about the overtime only a few minutes before my knock off time.
Pros
Good job experience
1,0
Strenuous working environment due to the acquiring of Orley Food by Kerry Ingredients and Flavours. Dog eat dog work ethic and unethical and inhumane cutting of staff by Management after Kerry Ingredients took total control of the company.
Salary and benefits was the only motivation for enduring the atmosphere at the workplace.
Pros
Compatible Salary and benefits
Cons
No job security
5,0
my day starts at 8:00 am and end at 16:30pm during the day I do applications on the formulation provided by the senior technologist. I prepare samples of sauces, silicon rubics and fat emulsions, I work together with my manager most of the times the hard part of the job is spending long hours standing, while I enjoy my work because all the effort put into the samples will be in good use and benefit both consumer and the company.
Pros
free lunches, promotes education
4,0
Attend to breakdowns in the plant and do contentious improvements in the factory. Report to the foreman any actions taken i any break downs and what preventative measures were taken.
4,0
Learnt a lot of new challenges
The Hardest part of the role was to do all internal travel with no experience as a travel coordinator but I have achieved it.
2,0
received a brief from sales team. created specification on the system, weighing of the recipe, testing that process is repeated until the match or product matches the standard, then approval by manager and sales team and then product is submitted to customer for approval.

I leant organoleptic evaluation, ingredient product specification, deletion, project follow through.
Pros
friendly environment, freedom to try anything that ma benefit the project
Cons
limitations on the ingredient library
5,0
world class standards and organised
vibrant and develops its workers to world class standards

very supportive workers

very busy and mostly on your own no baby sitting
3,0
90% Office bound (prefer to be with Clients).
Great co-workers.

Lots of systems (corporate).

Balance with Customers not enough.

Most of the Customers are JHB and Cape Town based (prefer local).
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Not FMCG