khulisa social solutions
3,6 out of 5 stars.

khulisa social solutions Employee Reviews

South Africa19 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Developing and a scarce skills company

The company to allow previous employees an opportunity to be reemployed as they do not need intense training since they are familiar with the organisational culture

Pros

Retreats

Cons

Long hours and travelling

Khulisa Social Solutions

Its a great company but there is a great room for improvement. I was working at uThungulu District 18 wards within Nkandla and doing 4 wards within the Zululand District.

It made me feel I can do it since i was a student.

I was responsible for providing social work services like, assessment, individual and family counseling, group work, crisis intervention and education

Good Starter

Good entry job for interns i highly recommend it for people who love community out reach programs,who energetic about helping members of the community.

Khulisa is a good company, capacitate its employees and strive for excellence in it's execution of its programs, had an awesome experience at Khulisa

Challenge is no benefits, No job security and no 13th cheque, The company have resources and the Team is great, Great Teamwork spirit. Khulisa is goal orientated NGO.

Effective learning experience

I was only there for two weeks and worked as a student. A typical day at work required of one to interview clients, attend procedures at the Children's Court, and also conduct group work as well as community work projects. I learned what it was like conducting group work procedures in practice, apart from learning about it in class at University, as well as how much planning goes into a community work project. The work place culture is very well-rounded, the office manager does not dictate and respects her employees. The hardest part of the job is working with clients who have come into disagreement with the law but who still feel they did not do anything wrong and sometimes refuse help, despite the fact that most of them are referred by the criminal court. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that there was always something to do, you were never really left to your own devices.

fun work place

its productive and fun work environment. working with the vulnerable youth from schools to out of school youth. Enjoyed the camps, hikes and excursions. The group work sessions.

Pros

camps and excursions

Cons

It was not my line of work or were i want to put my focus on. Its suitable for social workers and people who wants to do community work and help children.

Pros

Workshops

Cons

Wrong field

Productive and learning environment

Khulisa Social Solutions was a great eye opener, about facilitation and people interaction. Working at schools, and hospitals was challenging, but really proactive to my growth in the field.

Pros

Cons

interacive job

Productive and learning curve

Khulisa social solutions is a none government organisation that is based in 6 provinces we tackle social issues and creating crime preventative measures. We communicate immediately if we are unable to meet our obligation and provide suggestions.

Pros

Lots of trainings

Cons

Working at Hamlet as a Residential Manager taught me the importance of teamwork .

The Management style I learned was an open door policy where everything was open to everybody. Also it has taught me that for any problem you encounter ,there is always a solution.

Funny enjoyedble productive

It good for Khulisa if our passionate community youth development . Busy Tolerance Respect each other Over time Everything Is an NGO most looking at social problem and developing youth.

Pros

staff welfare

Cons

Overtime no pay

Fun and challenging

Meetings with supervisor on weekly basis for work updates, meetings with stakeholders, running sessions and advocacy, reports for sessions and the final court report.

Pros

No free lunches

Cons

Yes as an extra mile

fun and joyful environment

I enjoy working with my candidates they the best, I learn a lot about different human behavior and the tolerance of they character. I have learned to be able to run and maintain the running and managing group of people and controlling the workshops. I have learned a lot from my colleagues there's so much team work taking place, and respect amongst each other and in a sense with the different characters of human nature but we still manage to create a solid and maintainable working environment. I just enjoy each day at work each day is a new lesson.

Pros

free lunches and transport fares

very productive

i am working for the past year at khulisa social solutoins and was previously employed at nicro. i start at nicro as a volunteer and learn and achieve my certificate during that time. nicro retrench in 2011 but i was after that voluntaring at badisa and badisa elderly persons as well as at sassa. currently i manage khulisa social solutions office alone in beaufort west. i must say I am good in that. i build good relationships with other stakeholders and partners. nothing hard in the job, i have the opportunity to travel on a monthly basic for a day to cape town. I enjoy working with people does not matter what the circumstances or where they come from. we all have something in common and it is that we need each other.

Pros

no fee lunches except during staff meetings

Cons

no most of my clients are scholars so i need to wait for them in order to facilitate the program

Innovative and Changing

Everyday poses a new and exciting challenge, with new things to learn. I gained a lot and learnt how to manage an office and a team of staff members, leadership. the management are very supportive and my co-workers became my second family. The most challenging part of my job is fundraising, however evreyday is a new day with new opportunities. I enjoy working with children and communities to make a difference in South Africa, every small bit counts.

Pros

Support and encouragement, constant training and reinforcement.

Cons

Stressful at times.

productive and a learning place

khulisa social solutions is an NGO which is more productive in the services they render and strive hard for its employees individual development and a learning environment. there differences and difficulties but what is amazing how we deal with such.

Pros

free breakfast and lunches during workshops only

Cons

overtime

Good service delivery and relationship building with various stakeholders and beneficiaries

most of my work is on field and in mornings is administration personal development, morals and good behaviour practice good management with understanding and recognition of fellow subordinates caring and supportive core workers hardest part is to secure funding and donations facilitation and awreness and education to clients and community,working with children

Pros

capacity building

Cons

unpaid overtimes and extra working hours

It is indeed productive and fun since I get to interact with people and I am really fond of that

The work I do is really fun, I get to travel places and meet diffrent peolpe everyday, one of the challenges I face sometimes is transport since we travel to rural areas sometimes ,when it is raining too it becomes a bit hard to reach other places nor areas,my team is very good they are always on point oand the communication very good,as for the management I have to say there is a bit of break in communication sometimes

Pros

Sometimes when do the transict walks but during facilitation I provide my own lunch

Cons

Extended hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at khulisa social solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance