Kimberly-Clark

South Africa85 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 85 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 260 reviews

Productive and challenging

Great place to work for and very competitive environment. There is plenty of room for career growth but you need to be focused and prove yourself.Your day is unpredictable and you have to learn to prioritize. Watch out for meetings because you can end up doing nothing at the end of the day.

Educational environment, productive safe working environment with better results and rewards

Constructive, good working environment with high levels of safety, quality and performance pertaining to production, personnel and equipment interaction. Offers learning/study opportunities to employees who desire to upgrade and unleash their potential.The company policies are adhered to, without any elements of victimisation.Employees are rewarded for being innovative and proactive in approach.

Pros

Subsidized meals/lunch

Great organization world wide but poorly managed in cape town

World wide recognized as a great place to work but poorly managed in SA with toxic culture, however still offers great potential for career driven individuals willing to put in the effort.

Pros

Job security, bursaries, staff transport subsidized lunches staff sales at cost price

Cons

Long hours, poor management

Fast paced production environment

One has to adhere to the required safety standards, at all times. Non-negotiable approach when it comes to safety and well-being of the employee's. The company offers a wide range of growth, but still lacking in pushing women in leading roles or quantitative ones.The company consists of 12 hour shifts cycle's, and enough rest. Basic operational procedures are followed, continuous improvement in quality is everyone responsibility

Pros

3days off rest

Cons

A very good company to work for,,Have excellent managers that guide you ato perform at your best,Have wonderful people to work with

Company is very people centered safety,A company that produce quality,clean and safe product for it's customers ,that meet specification, regulations

A empresa valoriza a mão de obra, e abre oportunidade de crescimento na empresa.

Ótima empresa, trabalho em equipe maioria das vezes, se preucupando com qualidade de vida e segurança de seus funcionários e posição ergonômica.

Pros

Muito boa

Cons

Percurso um pouco longe para certos lugares, mas fornece fretado

No comment

I have gained a lot of experience while working closely with Engineers. They thought of me a lot about working with them. I learned different things in the department I was working for.

Pros

Discounted Goods of the company

Cons

Less benefits compared.

productive and safety caution environment

I learned a lot I went from CO packer to checker within the first year so opportunity for growth in the company is there. if the opportunity is there to go back I would be happy.

I've worked at quite a few places. I can honestly say that Kimberly-Clark is one of the better companies out there. There are many well-thought-out structures and policies in place that aim at making everyone's work experience as pleasant and fulfilling as possible. It's by no means perfect, but it's very reassuring (to me at least) that the majority of staff are always striving for improvement. The company really tries to create a sense of belonging for everyone. It's a high-priced production environment so everyone is usually busy. There are some slower days but there are enough extra optional tasks to do to avoid the day dragging by. Most of the staff are pretty helpful when it comes to coaching new employees (locally and globally).

Pros

Good salary, benefits, subsidized lunch at canteen, lots of interesting projects, striving culture, growth and development is prioritized.

Cons

We often work longer hours than we should.

Good environment and friendly staff

Work for Kimberly Clark was such a good experience, and love it cause there are recommendations, if u good at what you do they would consider u, enjoyed working , If I had a permanent position I would still be working there

Pros

Discount on products

Cons

Flexable hours

Productive and fun workplace

Everyone is friendly and respectful towards one another, it doesn't feel like you at work because of the great culture displayed. Working at K-C has its challenges but you work through them. It's a great place to work at.

Good

Working for Kimberly - Clark is good with the market salary that they pay. The culture is also great. Hours of work are balanced for one to also spend time with family. The bursary opportunities are well equipped to help employees with enhancing their career.

KC was good company to work

It's a fast pace but they do have tool for support since I was working remotely. You need to drive your own career development with the support of your leader.

Hours and money

The work was as expected and I was doing the pretty standard stuff. The hours were good and the rates were great. The people were nice and they are big on the safety of their employees

Be friendly, well spoken, informed, courteous, assertive and attenrive

Staff are friendly, helpful, courteous, efficient. They are supportive of each other. Well versed in their roles. Management are supportive of their staff and do practice open door policy. A pleasure to work for.

Kimberly-Clark

You must on time for work never be late ,take shift over by your coworker ,then do inspection of your work place and machinery and safety and qaulity and report to the supervisor and started your work of the day * what you learned More production to make money power safe safety first respect others co-workers and teamwork to the other co-workers*management give you work and listen to the problems and Show them you can work hard * work place culture every workplace have them own culture * the hardest part of the job is if you struggle to fix the work * the most enjoyable part of the job is when the work running very well and you make lot of production

Not exciting, working cos you need to put food on the table

Company is restructuring every 2years. Whites still rule and blacks serve the master. Most positions are being taken away from South to Europe and South Africans are just expected to produce, strategy is driven by Europeans who have no cooking clue about SA dynamics

Lots to learn

Lots to learn but a corrosive culture. My team including the teams management were constantly undermined by a small group of un-quaulified electrical people who got away with doing this and to the companies detrement which lead to the whole management structure including three quauters of the electrical technicians in the department resigning. Such a shame because its the best company I ever worked for.

Pros

Undercover parking

Cons

Poor management

Highly competitive with great benefits and career development

World Class company but the culture in the Cape Town plant compared to other plants is very toxic and politics in senior management. A certain group makes all the decisions for the plant and drives their own culture which is demotivating to the staff. Many staff want to leave but the salaries are good and benefits are good. So forced to stick around until something better comes up.

Pros

Company benefits, subsidised meals, paternity and maternity leave.

Cons

Bad toxic culture

Great place to work good environment and alot of opportunities you get great benefits and fair days off to do your own things when you free.

It's a great place to work at it can change your life in and out of your work place. Opportunities Great culture Great environment Fair days off Great life experience

Constantly Improving Environment

When I joined it was a really backward and hierarchical culture and structure but by the time I had left in 2014 it was much improved with younger more vibrant leadership team and culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kimberly-Clark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 260 reviews