Kimberly-Clark
Information from Kimberly-Clark:

Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

South Africa75 reviews
5,0
Everyone is friendly and respectful towards one another, it doesn't feel like you at work because of the great culture displayed. Working at K-C has its challenges but you work through them. It's a great place to work at.
5,0
Working for Kimberly - Clark is good with the market salary that they pay. The culture is also great. Hours of work are balanced for one to also spend time with family. The bursary opportunities are well equipped to help employees with enhancing their career.
4,0
It's a fast pace but they do have tool for support since I was working remotely. You need to drive your own career development with the support of your leader.
4,0
The work was as expected and I was doing the pretty standard stuff. The hours were good and the rates were great. The people were nice and they are big on the safety of their employees
5,0
Staff are friendly, helpful, courteous, efficient. They are supportive of each other. Well versed in their roles. Management are supportive of their staff and do practice open door policy. A pleasure to work for.
4,0
You must on time for work never be late ,take shift over by your coworker ,then do inspection of your work place and machinery and safety and qaulity and report to the supervisor and started your work of the day * what you learned More production to make money power safe safety first respect others co-workers and teamwork to the other co-workers*management give you work and listen to the problems and
Show them you can work hard * work place culture every workplace have them own culture * the hardest part of the job is if you struggle to fix the work * the most enjoyable part of the job is when the work running very well and you make lot of production
2,0
Company is restructuring every 2years. Whites still rule and blacks serve the master. Most positions are being taken away from South to Europe and South Africans are just expected to produce, strategy is driven by Europeans who have no cooking clue about SA dynamics
3,0
Lots to learn but a corrosive culture. My team including the teams management were constantly undermined by a small group of un-quaulified electrical people who got away with doing this and to the companies detrement which lead to the whole management structure including three quauters of the electrical technicians in the department resigning. Such a shame because its the best company I ever worked for.
Pros
Undercover parking
Cons
Poor management
3,0
World Class company but the culture in the Cape Town plant compared to other plants is very toxic and politics in senior management. A certain group makes all the decisions for the plant and drives their own culture which is demotivating to the staff.

Many staff want to leave but the salaries are good and benefits are good. So forced to stick around until something better comes up.
Pros
Company benefits, subsidised meals, paternity and maternity leave.
Cons
Bad toxic culture
4,0
It's a great place to work at it can change your life in and out of your work place.
Opportunities

Great culture

Great environment

Fair days off

Great life experience
3,0
When I joined it was a really backward and hierarchical culture and structure but by the time I had left in 2014 it was much improved with younger more vibrant leadership team and culture.
Being at Kimberly Clark you need to be:
•a Hard worker

•a positive thinker

•have a good communicating skill

•a Positive listening skill

I have learned a lot and Kimberly Clark though i was a Trainee as a Production Learner but i do recommend them. I've learnt how to be in a Industry since it was my first time.
Pros
Free Lunches during Training sessions
Cons
Normal Hours
3,0
Kimberly Clark is a good company as there is opportunity within the company to grow, there is a lot of experience which can be acquired due to various department.
Pros
Company petrol
Cons
Always on stand by.
5,0
Open minded and freedom through responsibility culture. Customer focused and people oriented.

Management has an open door policy and accepts direct feedback.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
short break
5,0
In any workplace a standard should be implemented and waist should be kept low and performances in production should always be kept high.key aspects such as team work, safety , creative thinking, and acknowledge positive ideas should always be takin seriously
Pros
Sports nights
Cons
Strategy for unethical behavour should be implemented
3,0
I'm a hard worker and cleanliness person,and I can work overtime my goals are to done my work and everything must be in order and good condition.i am born again Christian.
5,0
Training in any kind of job in construction is important.A business with good management delivers good employees.Culture in a workplace must not interfere with you duties.Succeed in what you are striving for. Most enjoyable part of a job is the satisfaction at the job be done 100% at the end of the day.
daily stock counts
gain experience on different departments daily

great management style

culture is up to standard people work as a team

reducing stock lose

everything
5,0
Best job i had... the salary and benefits were excilent.
Hour that you work is ok, long hour but get used to it.

Co-workers are great and like to help when in need. Safety is an high priority.
Pros
The offdays
Cons
12h shifts
5,0
Everyday was a good day and had challenges that made it a fun place to work. people were helpful, I should never have left them biggest mistake of my career. best company to work for and I would go back any day.

Learnt that teamwork is the best, management was critical component, Hardest part of the job was to ensure plant performs to set standards.
Pros
Go home on time
Cons
long hours if there are critical failures
5,0
Great career advancement and challenging opportunities to grow and succeed.

Management was supportive and led with strong vision . I had every chance to perform at my best.