Kimberly-Clark
Information from Kimberly-Clark:

Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape10 reviews
4,0
The work was as expected and I was doing the pretty standard stuff. The hours were good and the rates were great. The people were nice and they are big on the safety of their employees
3,0
World Class company but the culture in the Cape Town plant compared to other plants is very toxic and politics in senior management. A certain group makes all the decisions for the plant and drives their own culture which is demotivating to the staff.

Many staff want to leave but the salaries are good and benefits are good. So forced to stick around until something better comes up.
Pros
Company benefits, subsidised meals, paternity and maternity leave.
Cons
Bad toxic culture
4,0
It's a great place to work at it can change your life in and out of your work place.
Opportunities

Great culture

Great environment

Fair days off

Great life experience
5,0
In any workplace a standard should be implemented and waist should be kept low and performances in production should always be kept high.key aspects such as team work, safety , creative thinking, and acknowledge positive ideas should always be takin seriously
Pros
Sports nights
Cons
Strategy for unethical behavour should be implemented
4,0
Although I only worked for 15 days per month in order to reach my total amount of hours required to work per month,I never had time for my family cause you always needed to be available when they call.

On the other hand it was beneficial to work there cause they gave bursaries to permanent employees .

I enjoyed working there and got along well with management cause I was one of the people they could rely on.

I gained so much experience and knowledge and know that I will be able to make a difference at my next work place
Pros
Bursaries
Cons
Long houts and working shift and on weekends and public holidays
5,0
Working enviroment was excellent. Management was always willing to assist when assistance was needed. Work stations and cafeteria always neat and tidy
Pros
Growth in company
2,0
There are limited opportunities in the engineering dept.
game is rigged by operations...

Job is relatively secure, although there have been four retrenchments

runs in the past few years.

US national corporate!
Pros
Staff sales
Cons
long hours during projects with no time off
3,0
Learn 5S
Learn that do do work safe and in the best manner possible

That you family is counting on you

Be in time for you shift

PPE keep you always safe
Pros
Free coffee
4,0
Fast paced environment, always changing, high focus on development and safety.

Realtime production figures shown on large screens throughout the factory. (OEE, MD/hr, Waste %, Delay %)

Teams of five Operators (one being the main operator) with different sections and one Shift Process Technician per asset.

Not a very physical job but you tend to be on your feet throughout the day checking, prepping raw materials and applying them onto the machine, preventing possible delay issues, etc.

Operators relieve each other on three breaks per shift.

Handover meeting at the start of shifts to discuss the incoming issues re production and plan for the shift ahead.

It's very competitive and rewarding at the end of the day when your team is leading on results.
Pros
Subsidised Medical Aid 50%, Provident fund 9.11%, Uif, subsidised transport 50%, Staff Meal 50%, Staff products discount over 50%, recognition awards monthly.
Cons
12hr shifts and two weekends per month on 3 day on/off pattern.
4,0
In the morning I would set off to call on my customers, having made appointments the previous day or on Friday, which was the planning day.

During my time with KC, I learned how to deal with customers, how to handle irate customers. I learned how to handle the pressure of a sales environment and absolutely enjoyed dealing with customers and satisfying their needs.

The job also taught me self confidence and not to take the rejection of the call/business personally. We worked in a team of 3 sales people with our manager as the 4th. We were a close knit team, we shared our strategies, our successes and helped each other with our failures as well.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to fulfil my customers needs all the time, sometimes due to out-of-stock issues.

I enjoyed going out and meeting customers as well as learning about the different applications of my products.
Pros
Travelling overseas