Kimberly-Clark
Information from Kimberly-Clark:

Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

South Africa75 reviews
5,0
Everyone is friendly and respectful towards one another, it doesn't feel like you at work because of the great culture displayed. Working at K-C has its challenges but you work through them. It's a great place to work at.
5,0
Productive day everyday at work and enjoyable
Iv learned a lot about warehousing and logistics

The management is superb caus e they allow you the opportunity to grow

Co-workers are great and difficult at times

Hardest part of the job is making sure all customer are happy and certified at all times

Enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the customer happy
Pros
free information based on work related matters
5,0
Review Daily Diary,Review Sales Numbers To Date.Attend Meetings.
Meetings with Sales Managers. Develop Sales Managers.

Field Visits.Set Targets, Cheek Stock Levels , Study New Product/ Markets.

Tender Development Plan. Identification of Key Decision Makers.

Product Presentations.

Attend Trade Shows and conferences.

Arrange and Monitor Product Trials.
Pros
Training, Personal Development, Incentives.
Cons
Extensive weekend work.
4,0
A typical day for me is to download all orders that came after knock off time the previous day-arrange them according to their delivery dates. Start processing orders check pricing line by line if there is a price discrepancy I would send an email to our pricing department to get the price amended according to the system price- reply to the customer with the reference number inform them about out of stocks if there is any and also give them the delivery date.

I have learned to take on more responsibility and to work well without any supervision-to accountable for my errors-and to make quick decision with minimal escalation.

Management was good but according to me they where squandering money hence the retrenchment.

Co-workers where good

The hardest part was when we did not have enough stock and our customers had specials.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we could satisfy all our customers.
Pros
Subsidy on lunches, stationery money for our kids
Cons
No growth for black people
4,0
Fast paced environment, always changing, high focus on development and safety.

Realtime production figures shown on large screens throughout the factory. (OEE, MD/hr, Waste %, Delay %)

Teams of five Operators (one being the main operator) with different sections and one Shift Process Technician per asset.

Not a very physical job but you tend to be on your feet throughout the day checking, prepping raw materials and applying them onto the machine, preventing possible delay issues, etc.

Operators relieve each other on three breaks per shift.

Handover meeting at the start of shifts to discuss the incoming issues re production and plan for the shift ahead.

It's very competitive and rewarding at the end of the day when your team is leading on results.
Pros
Subsidised Medical Aid 50%, Provident fund 9.11%, Uif, subsidised transport 50%, Staff Meal 50%, Staff products discount over 50%, recognition awards monthly.
Cons
12hr shifts and two weekends per month on 3 day on/off pattern.
4,0
In the morning I would set off to call on my customers, having made appointments the previous day or on Friday, which was the planning day.

During my time with KC, I learned how to deal with customers, how to handle irate customers. I learned how to handle the pressure of a sales environment and absolutely enjoyed dealing with customers and satisfying their needs.

The job also taught me self confidence and not to take the rejection of the call/business personally. We worked in a team of 3 sales people with our manager as the 4th. We were a close knit team, we shared our strategies, our successes and helped each other with our failures as well.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to fulfil my customers needs all the time, sometimes due to out-of-stock issues.

I enjoyed going out and meeting customers as well as learning about the different applications of my products.
Pros
Travelling overseas
5,0
there was room for people to manouvre and apply themselves on the job but with limited growth opportunities
when it came to management, it somehow created an awkward environment because they were mostly close friends and it affected decision making and problems resolutions

the welfare of their employees in terms of work/ personal life balance was well catered for
Pros
employees gifts and outings
Cons
favouritism
1,0
Kimberly Clark was a very good company and very diverse in terms of culture, I have learned to respect and understand other cultures. the most enjoyable part of the job was when we had to come together as a team form the administrator to sales Team in order to push for our monthly targets. The hardest part when a client or customer is not happy.
Pros
When we met our targert will have a free lunch friday
Cons
long hours - individual choice
4,0
management encourages diversity and people are recognised for their achievements every month
Pros
30 days partenity leave
Cons
no housing sudsidy
5,0
Free, relaxed, enjoying what I am doing. Learning each and everyday. Applying a culture of accountability in my day to day. Build trust, and build talent. I leaned to work and tolerate people, because of different cultures. I leaned about the business. I manage operators and technicians, also training them in terms of safety, good run settings and change overs. The hardest part in the job is to deal with dishonest people. Enjoyable part is when we as a department end months being green. Meeting our targets in terms of Safety, waste and OEE.
3,0
day at work is same day same work. i've learned a lot from my workplace, trust is earned, and to gain respect is hard. i've learned also to cover yourself at all times, as to your co-worker is the closest you will have to be your back-up. working as a team is more important than anything. the knowledge i've learned i can use in the future. management is management, leads to were they need to get. hardest part is to get support to reach the targets you need to get. most probably the most enjoyable part of the job is that with all the hard work of each shift, that you have reached your goal even though the following day will be exactly the same. co-workers is your team, if you don't have them, you can't get any where.
Pros
fun activities
4,0
Very demanding to strive for the best and stretched targets. Very good management style and you are allowed to think outside the box and try new thing.
Pros
Dynamic and supportive. Good career opportunities
Cons
Long hours and continuous change to stay ahead in the marketplace.
5,0
I take pride in my work and working relationship with my colleagues.
I have firm working ethics and apply them to my day to day work.

I believe I’m a valuable asset to the company given the opportunity to prove what I’m capable of.

I prefer to work according to Business Plan and enjoy new challenges.

I’m loyal and dependable in any work situation
Pros
employee recognitions
Cons
Day starts early
4,0
Core - Provide ongoing customer service and support on a daily basis. Coordinate all learning interventions as per the agreed training plan. Ensure Compliance to statutory and leagl compliance - OHS act & SETA's
Coaching employees on Career Development or any business related challenge.

Project Manage Training plans - National & International

Organisational Development - Lead a commitee of 8 staff on Company's Culture Change Journey.

What have I learned:

Strategic Thinking and Problem solving

People skills

Management - Supportive towards Learning & Development

Co-Worker - eager to learn and use opportunities to better trheir current knowledge and skills. A divers group of people.

Delayed decison making - Direct Line Manager in Jhb - impact on departmental effectiveness.

Mostly enjoy when a staff member completes a qualification and or is promoted and I played an instrumental part in his/her development. Organsational development - Current Culture Change Journey - to see how a large group of people forms 1 team, 1 vision and 1 goal.
Pros
Package benfits
Cons
Long hours, off time (week end) working
3,0
There is never a dull moment, my advantage is I am highly adaptable, manage stressors well! and get on with it. I have learnt to be aware of planning my day but there is always something that's going to come up to change your scenario for the day! Awesome c-workers locally and abroad. The hardest part of my job is to get some of my co-workers to plan their days and week, and that is sometimes challenging! The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new every single day!
Pros
multi national good relationships will colleagues all over the world
Cons
filing and archiving
3,0
*A day at work starts out busy with meeting in the morning and having solve some of the previous day problems. but as the day progresses, things tend to be at ease as most issues have been dealt with in the morning.
*Management is focus on us delivering results.

*Great team to have and manage.

*Having to be on call 24 hours as you need to know if thinks go wrong on the plant.

*Managing people and having to make the decisions.
Pros
Unlimited petrol card
Cons
Being on call 24 hours
4,0
Meetings, reports and systeme reviews form most of my day

I learnt resilience, working to diverse teams.

most enjoyable part of the job is to impart knowledge and skill to production staff during training I administer.

Than harded part of the job is when I am faced with hard consumer complaints
Pros
Exposure
Cons
fast change
2,0
My role requires me to be in a couple of meetings a day, in those meeting I have to deliver actions. You are required to be always on your feet, which is great because you always have your ducks in a row.
4,0
Everyday there is a new opportunity to improve the manufacturing process. I am continously learning. Management is very driven and this provides the teams with propoer direction. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some very difficult personalities. The most enjoyable part is when a modification is complete and it works.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
Eratic stand by
3,0
one of our press machine streched all the bolts and fell down.
communication is the best and by providing enough training for workers,

need to be strong and be confident of what you are doing

have good communication with everyone

working without enough material and skills

doing my daily target daily
Pros
incentives sometimes
Cons
normal hours
2,0
Stressfull and under pressure 24/7
Under staffed.

Key personel left in a matter of 6 months after a restucturing exersize.
Pros
Close to home.