Kimberly-Clark
Information from Kimberly-Clark:

Kimberly-Clark Employee Reviews

South Africa75 reviews
5,0
Everyone is friendly and respectful towards one another, it doesn't feel like you at work because of the great culture displayed. Working at K-C has its challenges but you work through them. It's a great place to work at.
3,0
Fault finding and inspections using centre lining targets, daily safety inspections. Never assume, always ensure you have facts and done your research. Management could be tough but under economic crunch and fast moving environment it is understandable. Co-workers are from different cultures and backgrounds, so it is fun to learn how different cultures work in a team to reach the same targets. Persuading management to use different methods in production or using alternative ways to improve safety by removing, mitigating or reducing risks. The results.
Pros
Medical Aid
4,0
Relatively unstructured at the time so there was plenty of scope for change and innovation.
Pros
Freedom to introduce innovations.
Cons
Lack of formality in policies and procedures could sometimes be frustrating.
3,0
Function Activity Meeting 2% of the day pending on Facility Calendar Scheduled Meetings increase to 10% • Attending daily production meeting • Meeting feedback session on previous day: 1. Safety 2. Quality 3. Productivity 4. Centerlining (Process control program for productivity, quality, improvements, raw materials) 5. General • Bi weekly meeting with supplier (Raw materials) • If meeting been scheduled on Monthly Calendar Product Development 30% of the day • This is marketing related 1. Trails on new products 2. Raw material trials (process inputs) 3. Lease with internal and external customers Process 45% of the day • Finish Product improvements 1. Quality 2. Customer complaint investigation and feedback 3. Capability study pre-determine to an asset for the month 4. Analyzing process outputs in terms of machine speeds and product converted for improvement 5. Lease with other KCC groups on best practices 6. Implementation of plans of monthly plans on capability study 7. Manage packaging projects Cost Saving 10% of day • Track usage on product (concern – investigated) • Implement Waste reduction plans when pre-determined Centerling 5% of day • This is continuous process improvement program (supervise program in department) Quality 5% of day • Investigating causes of defects and feedback on prevention of recurrence
Pros
Interesting enviroment
Cons
Numeration
4,0
A tough environment where good production figures mean a lot. Raw material usage tracked daily and reported in morning meetingd
4,0
i injoyd the place the people were friendly very helpfull i was a very good learner there no problems with anyone there they look after us and alll that the hardes was the 12hour job
Pros
free lunch and koffie
Cons
i must worked on weekends
5,0
12 hour 3 day shift rotation Only one technician on shift on duty Day support on other work schedules Respond to support activities via radio. six Plants to manage + plus maintenance schedules and plugs an lights. Hardest part, being yelled at from three to four different places at once. Enjoyable part, clocking out.
Pros
50 % medical aid, 9% employer provident fund contribution
Cons
long hours, unskilled management, unskilled HR
4,0
it made me the best i am today,taught me how to be best in different cultures i worked with,gave me extensive training both personal and work related
Pros
voucher scheme, kc awards
Cons
good work hours...x3days in and x3 days off
2,0
I worked for this company for 5 months. was very good in the beginning but there were lots of complications around the managers and money problems work ethic and job security. they paid me a basic salary with no UIF or unemployment fund. no medical aid and no PAYE. Also facilities were not so up to code.
Pros
had weekends off. no working at night and no working on public holidays
Cons
bad managers, no benefits and no job security.
4,0
Even as a contractor at Kimberly-Clark, I felt very welcome and very much "Part of the KC Family"If I had the oportunity to work for them again, I would do it in a heartbeat.
Pros
subsidised canteen
Cons
no cons
4,0
1. Dailey equipment checklists, attending breakdowns (if any), attending to jobcards raised during and in the previous shift.2. I have learnt how to handle new equipment installation and comissioning and also the importance of safety in the workplace.3.Good, though I believe there is room for improvement in certain areas.4. My co-workers value team work very well.5. Nothing really I consider to be hard.6. The most enjoyable part is problem solving.
4,0
I was enrolled with unisa for a Diploma in Pulp and Paper Technology, my day at work was divided into two parts. 70 to 30 % ratio of working hours, from 8 to 2 I was working and learning the process, and 2 to 4:30 was commited to my studies.I learned to operated automated machines, fork and clamp truck driving, and the relevance of commitment.Management was good. I reported to our Trainign officer, but was placed under the watch and instruction of the floor and shift manager. there two other process leaners who were there a year before me. They helped me understand and grow as far as knowledge was concerned.The hardest part of the job was when we had to cut big roll of tissue paper using hand blade until the core. It made the hand sore and was very tiring.Everyone was kind for me, and most enjayble was when I passed my fork truck driving lessons, machine operation evaluation and when I could be left alone to do the work
Pros
tituin paid for me
4,0
Received stock and issue stock from store to the plant( machines), allocation of stock to different location or bins, processing stock to the system using SAP SYSTEM, i have learned how to use SAP System and to manage time effectively and the hardest part of my job when we have the break down and no parts at the store to be issue out to solve break down, reason being parts ordered but not yet delivered, most enjoyable part of my work cycle count.
Pros
free lunch when reaching target
Cons
shift worker
3,0
Clocking in, daily plant checklists, plant health analysis, corrections on faulty equipment. Working on Worl's Orders and fillng in job cards. As a senior maintenance person assisting junior staff on breakdowns and planned miantenance.
Pros
subsidized lunch, cheap staff sales of produce.
Cons
untrained operators, disorganized stores, slow buying department, a lot of unneccessary procedures.
3,0
My work starts of at 8 am where I am responsible for ensuring that people are adhering to the quality system in place. I am responsible for 8 machines where I offer them training and support to achieve high quality standards.I work with two colleagues and report to the Corporate QA Manager. The hardest part of the job is trying to change people's mindsets so that they can better improve their processes. It is also the most rewarding part of the job when they do start changing their behaviours.
Pros
flexi hours, subsidised staff transports and lunches.
Cons
many restructurings