Kingsley Heath

Kingsley Heath Employee Reviews

South Africa20 reviews
4,0
This is an African inspired company that treats black South Africans like slaves. Imagine having to work from 7 am to 11pm on stock take days. on your feet the whole time and they won't even bother to help you with transport. People are treated like their disposable. This place sucked.
1,0
The brand itself is amazing however the higher management who isn't at store level is the worst! I have witnessed & experienced employees being hired & fired as if we were of no value. Higher management has no respect for employees & don't give out the proper training & coaching for employees who are underperforming. Kingsley Heath is a very stressful sales driven environment where only sales matter & nothing else. Apart from that it's basically modern day slavery! Shifts are sometimes 11hours in a day. I believe a company should be all for their employees because in the end WE ARE THE BUSINESS!
Pros
High basic
Cons
Extremely long hours & disrespect from higher management
5,0
Good place to work at nice friendly colleagues and relaxed environment to work in you learn new things everyday and given a opportunity to grow as person
3,0
I can make some changes into your company. I even work on the holidays.i have full 1 year experience in retails ...i will be thankful when i receive your calls or text...thanks for your opportunity
5,0
I always look forward to work, hence I enjoy interacting with customers of different provinces and countries.
I have learned how to communicate with people of all races, countries and learn how to listen to exactly what the customer needs. I have learned to greet customers with a smile and make them feel welcome.

The hardest part about my job is preventing stock loss, hence we do get customers that steal stock.

The most enjoyable part of being a stylist is dressing up customers and making sure they leave the store happy and fully satisfied.
2,0
They teach you a whole lot of things at a very short period of time and they train very well even though they don't encourage growth. I can recommend it for a 'first time job seekers'
5,0
love the authenticity really was fired thru a lie detector which has nothing to do with the owner of the brand but the management still love the brand
Pros
meterial
Cons
price
5,0
Kingsley Heath is the leader in customer experience in the luxury brands field. The stores and product are beautiful and the vibes are great for staff and customers alike.
Kingsley Heath gives their staff the opportunity to develop in the retail field with incentives and training. You are given a uniform which definitely helps not having to buy work clothing!

The income is competitive/ market related with good commission and incentives.

The product in store is of very high quality and have a very good selection.

The hours in retail require weekend work and that is not ideal for everyone but you learn to build your life around your hours.

Overall the company tries to stick to a 45 hour work week and pays overtime.

The staff got on well and my time at Kingsley Heath was a great learning curve.
Pros
Opportunity to earn commission and incentives. Uniform. Support from Management
Cons
Long hours standing
4,0
This company was a great grounding for me both personally and professionally. I am extremely proud to have been given the opportunity to work on some on of the best brands out there – Reebok, Kingsley Heath and Rockport. The management team are always mentoring, offering value and leading from the front as we all lived the companies values.

My journey started in retail, where admittedly the hours are long (but lets be honest, that is retail). It was an extremely great stepping stone as it gave me a good understanding of the business at retail as well as got me close to the consumer and ensuring the experience with our brands was an unforgettable one.

I don't want to talk to much about my personal development but my journey at Kingsley offered a variety of positions which gave me exposure to many facets of the business.

The company culture is very results orientated which made for high expectations. The company always offered growth personally and professionally and were always wanting to work closely with those who lived the companies culture.

Leadership is from the front and is hands on which gave me a great opportunity to display my character, work ethics and business acumen.
Pros
Development
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
- Getting the store ready in the morning for the Days Trade.
- doing daily replen in store and then merchandising- if you have a love for clothing this really is a very rewarding job being able to have hands on interaction with product. The Brand is High end and the luxury of the Garments sets this retail Brand aside from other stores.

- My learning's have been that you can grow within the retail brand gain invaluable experience that will not only stand you in good stead for a future in fashion but in how you approach any career the basic morals and values of this company are strong and have grown me in many ways.

- Management is fair and will assist in anyway possible and have a fair approach to how to handle the store staff.

- work culture work hard, there are incentives for your hard work and the vibe is happy and really what you make of your overall experience.

- the hardest part of the job is the long hours but you are compensated for over time and the company generally stick to 45 hours per week.

- the most enjoyable part of the job- working with luxury product and interacting with customers- being a peoples person this really was a great experience
Pros
incentives
4,0
A great place to grow your retail experience. No retail job comes without its challenges, but my time at Kingsley was greatly rewarding too.

The hours are long, but that comes with the territory. Salary is competitive with other retailers, with great incentives to keep you on your toes! Being a results based company, it is very competitive and you need to be willing to put in the hard word - but it does pay off!

The overall culture is upbeat and fun! Each day is different - being around new customers everyday and meeting new people was really cool.

Your opportunity for clothing industry knowledge is endless, with the best quality fabrics and styling available. Our uniforms ROCK! Being able to wear this amazing brand everyday is a great advantage.

There is a lot of support from management as well as support office which is great!
Pros
Great retail experience and good incentives
Cons
Long hours on your feet
2,0
Kingsley Heath is a stunning brand, the clothes is of great quality.
It is a pity that they do not care for their staff. The hours are extreme, and if your support staff do not pitch for work you work their hours without compensation or time off. Worked for 30 days full shift without time off to rest. Shift was 7am to 9pm.
Pros
Good salart
Cons
Long hours, they don't care about you
2,0
Management are the only ones who get paid a decent salary. And you only receive 1 month contracts so you might not have a job next month an they won’t tell you until it’s month end. My advice would be to use this place as a last resort.
Pros
Lunches and freedom to go out the store
Cons
No job security. Poor pay. Basic “we own you” mentality.
2,0
Hardest part of the job was the hours and the time standing. The energy was very light and enjoyable though, co-workers were lovely to work with and so was the store manager
3,0
The job was fun. Young people worked there and I've learned a lot. It gave me a platform to understand the retail industry worked and they encouraged team work.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Long hours with small pay
4,0
My job was demanding but the rewards were worth the effort. I learnt a lot about giving customers a high level of service which has given me skills I will take into my future. I particularly enjoyed the high level of customers I served. Working in a luxury clothing store made me feel good about what I was doing.

Management had high expectations of me and the other sales staff. But I appreciated the training they gave me and the effort they put into working with me to achieve my sales targets.
Pros
Luxury retail environment
Cons
Can be tiring on your feet all day
4,0
Exciting and proud company to work with - great incentives for exceeding expectations.

I’m proud to have worked on some the best brands in the world in my time with the company – Reebok, Kingsley Heath, New Era and Rockport

Everyone has an opportunity to add value to the way we do things.

We always tried to make the customers experience a memorable and lasting one.

Marketing philosophy is word of mouth and we treat everyone they way we want to be treated.

Kingsley is a learning environment – Kingsley Campus is an online training tool that the company provides for any new recruit and for ongoing training.

The content of Kingsley campus is consistently changing as we all find better ways of doing things and try to share these best practices across the business.

You are mentored by your manager for the first 3 months while they try to catch you doing it right and encourage you.

It’s a results orientated culture so hard work comes with the territory and expectations are high. You can make the same mistake once, but you have to learn from it.

Leadership is from the front and is hands on and will never ask you to do something that your mentor will not do.
Pros
Learning and pay for performance
Cons
No easy lunches
4,0
Kingsley heath equipped me with vital skills to approach the working world. I had to manage high levels of stress due to specific individual targets, each individual had to acquire for a renewal of contract. This strategy ensured it's employees were always work driven and for that reason I have built a good work ethic
Pros
The salary is worth the hard work
Cons
8-12 hour shifts will standing
4,0
My days at work were always exciting as i worked with customers, I am a social being which is an advantage. I learnt to communicate with my co-workers and respect the customers. Management was always fair, and fun to work with. My co-workers and I had minor issues here and there but these were easy to surpass. The hardest art of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part was learning to be patient with others and sharing experiences with co- workers.
Pros
good times with co- workers
Cons
Long hours on weekends
3,0
- Learnt a lot from different types of people
- Considerably long hours with loads to get through during the shift.

- Management's intentions were always good but not always executed or communicated the right way - humanly.

- Enjoyed the fun work place and challenges it brought about

- Being out of time and meeting deadlines and skyhigh targets
Pros
Free to manage