Komatsu

Komatsu Employee Reviews

South Africa53 reviews
4,0
Working hard everyday constantly working under pressure. Never taking a break always on the move and constantly working with the client always make sure that the client is happy.
3,0
Komatsu is good company I can recommend a friend to work but for me I don't get paid enough .Komatsu had give me the experience that I have today I still love it
4,0
Komatsu was a lovely experience for me. I was exposed to every thing with regard to my field and not limited at all. It was great to have exposure at a manufacturing company because I had to deal with different situation to solve.
4,0
The offer a lot of Training.The are many friendly people especially on the floor.The chances of promotion are huge.So the future is bright with komatsu.
4,0
New opportunities to expand my knowledge,Good management.Working hours can get long at times. Great diversity in working environment. Competitive salary.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
we are working in a very friendly way, the working hours is not to much. i learned to work under ground and you must think about safety before you do any work.
3,0
Komatsu has a development plan for current employees and has a bursary for employees who are willing to further their studies (which include financial assistance for the employee`s children)
Pros
yes once after every quater
Cons
40 - 45 hours a week
4,0
Provide the opportunity to grow within the organisation and provide training and development.
Management understand needs of the workers

The organisation is more production orientated.

working to meet production deadlines in the short space of time

I have enjoyed working as acting team leader on the absent of the team leader
Pros
Working as team
Cons
Worrking in the long hours to meet production deadlines
4,0
Although the admin office space was outdated when I arrived, it was updated during my time there, from open plan desks grouped together to tiny cubicles which weren't well chosen by management.
Staff were treated well and encouraged to study with a subsidy from the company.

Office staff were often at conflict with each other, or the subject of gossip, which wasn't always pleasant to work in or to conducive foster friendships with.
Pros
Cake and pizza once a month
Cons
Lack of good mid-level management
4,0
A day at work started with safety meetings, management meetings and machine inspections where after communicating with artisans
It was exiting to further my knowledge regarding earth moving equipment

We had a great management team which I was grateful to be part of

The worst and hardest part of the work was the intense heat

The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day tasks of communicating with the mine and keep the equipment in a tip top condition and reaching daily targets
Pros
The whole job was a pro
Cons
The Heat
4,0
I did work on loaders,, dozers, and trucks, the experience was good and it was learning full. The company did send me for training and courses. It was a good experience for me to learn something new.
Pros
1 hours
Cons
8hours
4,0
One of the best company's I have ever worked for. Meeting awesome people as it is a international company. Learned a lot, great experience. Gives you the freedom to express yourself.
4,0
Since i started working for the company the past nine years i have being given a fair opportunity.

i have being trained locally and international in order to better our knowledge.
Pros
allowances
Cons
normal hours
3,0
not one day is the same at Komatsu, busy all day but all in all the workplace is good and productive, friendly staff and good environment. Komatsu puts safety first
Pros
Free coffee and tee
3,0
Daily task is to be given a task to go and service earth moving machines on the field or different mines around the area,what i learn is to be able to attend different types of earth moving machines,we use to do on-line training to improve our skills on different areas of our field of work.
5,0
I spendmost of time designing jigs, rectifying process by lean methods, executing CAPEX, ordering tools,equipment and participating in meetings.

My knowledge is extended to be a valuable asset at Komatsu. the qualifications are as follows: MBA (in Progress), Postgraduate diploma in business management, B-Tech Mechanical, Diploma Mechanical nd yellow belt for Lean Six sigma. Computer literacy: MS package, SAP (ERP), Autodesk (2D and 3D), ms projects and visio.

The culture in this organization is mostly continuous working irregardless of any obstacles. The firm is over 2000 people and all have one common goal, making the customer happy.

the hardest part is when there is breakdowns. i personally serve 3 departments as a process engineer and is very difficult to coupe as the workloads become very large.

The most enjoyable part is when we reach targets for sales, productivity, safety and so forth. That makes me to be delighted as my inputs are valued within the firm.
Pros
Braai
Cons
overtime
4,0
Your typical day will be planned and 90% work related in your field. There are many field and learning opportunity is great to widen once's field of expertise.
Some managers are not fit for the position but this will fall in place as soon as the people are are settled in the new structures following the merge between all companies.

Culture is all over the place currently due to merge but will settle and people will enjoy going to work in few months.
5,0
Working in this company is not fun. It is quite a reputable company that is doing exceptional except working long hours for a decent salary. Great team of staff.
Pros
Nothing is for free
Cons
Long Hours
2,0
Work hard to please all the different managers. Not always sure who to report to. Great challenges. Always something new to learn. Easy to talk to senior management.
4,0
Attending to emails and phone calls
Managing consultations for minor ailments

Prescribing and dispensing medication

Medical surveillance

Occupational hygiene management

Emergency care and management

COID admin and management

Daily health and safety meetings

Meetings with first aiders and peer educators

Admin, ordering and report writing
5,0
I have been there since 11 august 2014 until now,I have been training as a millwright apprentice and recently qualified as a millwright.Joy global deals with machinery for coal mines,they build continues miner,shuttle cars,Battery haulers and Sheerer.
Pros
Free vouchers if you are the employee of the month