Komatsu

Komatsu Management reviews

South Africa53 reviews
4,0
New opportunities to expand my knowledge,Good management.Working hours can get long at times. Great diversity in working environment. Competitive salary.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
Provide the opportunity to grow within the organisation and provide training and development.
Management understand needs of the workers
The organisation is more production orientated.
working to meet production deadlines in the short space of time

I have enjoyed working as acting team leader on the absent of the team leader
Pros
Working as team
Cons
Worrking in the long hours to meet production deadlines
4,0
Although the admin office space was outdated when I arrived, it was updated during my time there, from open plan desks grouped together to tiny cubicles which weren't well chosen by management.
Staff were treated well and encouraged to study with a subsidy from the company.

Office staff were often at conflict with each other, or the subject of gossip, which wasn't always pleasant to work in or to conducive foster friendships with.
Pros
Cake and pizza once a month
Cons
Lack of good mid-level management
4,0
A day at work started with safety meetings, management meetings and machine inspections where after communicating with artisans
It was exiting to further my knowledge regarding earth moving equipment
We had a great management team which I was grateful to be part of

The worst and hardest part of the work was the intense heat

The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day tasks of communicating with the mine and keep the equipment in a tip top condition and reaching daily targets
Pros
The whole job was a pro
Cons
The Heat
5,0
I spendmost of time designing jigs, rectifying process by lean methods, executing CAPEX, ordering tools,equipment and participating in meetings.

My knowledge is extended to be a valuable asset at Komatsu.
the qualifications are as follows: MBA (in Progress), Postgraduate diploma in business management, B-Tech Mechanical, Diploma Mechanical nd yellow belt for Lean Six sigma. Computer literacy: MS package, SAP (ERP), Autodesk (2D and 3D), ms projects and visio.

The culture in this organization is mostly continuous working irregardless of any obstacles. The firm is over 2000 people and all have one common goal, making the customer happy.

the hardest part is when there is breakdowns. i personally serve 3 departments as a process engineer and is very difficult to coupe as the workloads become very large.

The most enjoyable part is when we reach targets for sales, productivity, safety and so forth. That makes me to be delighted as my inputs are valued within the firm.
Pros
Braai
Cons
overtime
2,0
Work hard to please all the different managers. Not always sure who to report to. Great challenges. Always something new to learn. Easy to talk to senior management.
4,0
Attending to emails and phone calls
Managing consultations for minor ailments

Prescribing and dispensing medication

Medical surveillance

Occupational hygiene management
Emergency care and management
COID admin and management

Daily health and safety meetings

Meetings with first aiders and peer educators

Admin, ordering and report writing
5,0
A work day is so important because you learn so much things.
Learning equilibrium of forces acting in a direction,driven drives...

Management always manage how to overcome a problem.
Worplace culture respect each other.

Hardest part when there is to much work on one day.

Enjoyable part when there is new things to learn.
Pros
workshop cleaning then you can take a short break
Cons
overtimes
5,0
Joy Global is a good company to work for but the support from the HR and direct management needs a lot of improvement. They are only looking out for themselves and not looking at the interest of the employees. They would rater let the people with experience go , than to look after the ones who's got the interest of the company at heart.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, people with no expeireince
4,0
Coucus when we are all at office, supervisor learn us what we did not know, management is transparent in anything about our work and matters about company, end month is the hardest day at work and financial year end, when we can work together with customers and get conclusions.
Pros
every day lunch 12:30 - 13.00
Cons
when needed management wil negociate with us
good day
vibrant to other dpt

good management
coorperation with
if people don't contribute to my effort

wen we work as a team
Pros
Cons
normal hours
3,0
a typical day at work is hard work the hole day, i have learned a lot from management, my co-workers are nice. The hardest par of the job is that you have to work under stress but at the end of the day it is a nice place to work.
5,0
Ensuring that deadlines were met. Dealing with different customers. Management was supportive and co workers were also helpful. Travelling to different countries.
1,0
Starting work at 7am, brings all new challenges as each day is different. We go for an early morning production meeting for the day's job. Issues of shortages, production levels, health and safety are discussed. Any matters of concern or interest from management are communicated to the shop floor through emails to the workshop foreman.
The hardest part of the job is trying to meet some tight deadlines that customers set for us, but as is always said, customer is king. Above all the work environment is quite favourable and enjoyable.
Pros
Added benefits eg study leave
4,0
# Working hours are from 7am to 4pm with lunch in between.
I have learned that inasmuch as team work is vital for the success of the company is also important to the well being of each individual.

# Management should always lead by example

# Respect for one another and understanding each other's strengths even in the mist of diversity.

Enjoyable part of the job is when work is done right the first time and no come backs or re-work after the task.
Cons
Stand by and over times
5,0
New machines to learn, the management looked whell after us.

The hardest part of the job was when the strike was over i had to look for a nother job.
5,0
In a typical day to day basis I get up to interfacing with welding inspectors,welders and management providing tecnical support. Ensure welders` qualifications/welding procedures are current and sartisfy code rules. Laboratory non-destructive and destructive testing of production and vendor supplied products.

I have learned that the industry is becoming more demanding/sophisticated in terms of the fabrication requirements and the capabilities of producing quality products to fabrication code requirements. Succession planing.

I find management as good and the co-workers are good to be working with.

I honestly haven`t discovered anything to be hard as far,though looking foward to enriching my career development and taking it to greater hights in other avenues.
4,0
Start the day were you left off yesterday, then it could change because someone found a change on the shop floor. I learnt, you have to flexible and be a team member or be able to stand alone depending on what management demand was. Working with my co-workers was enjoyable as there was a vast age difference between them and sharing my experience with them and guiding them was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was working with electrical information as the were mistakes and a lot of changes made daily and weekly.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
4,0
A typical day at work would be to organize parts and sub-assemblies and then assist to replace said parts with a fair amount of coaching.
I learned many things about customer training, personal training as well as product training.

Management would on occasion attend monthly and weekly meetings with the customer.
My co-workers and I would often be in contact to discuss problems with products.

Leaving the company was the hardest part of my job.

The best part of my job was learning something new on a daily basis.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Permanent Stand-By
3,0
The management staff is very open minded and approachable at any given time.

I've gained in depth SAP experience and the fundamentals of production planning, plus the practical experience of working closely with clients at Joy Global
Typical Day at work-;
Meeting in the morning a review of where we left off.

The way forward and the projection to the deadlines

What You Learned-;

How to work as a team.

Safety.

Productivity and working under minimum supervision.

management is good.

Co-Workers,

They have the spirit of love and oneness.

Hardest Part Of The Job

Is trying to meet the deadline with no spares.

The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job.

The free,independent processes of operation.
Pros
freebies
Cons
poor work conditions