KSS CELLULAR

KSS CELLULAR Employee Reviews

South Africa20 reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Demanding target driven

Demanding stressful and very target driven which is ok if the salary was paid on time and if on actually received the promised commission...no exciting benefits or incentives..

Fun working place

The place was fun working in.abd the management was good .the salary was good .we worked at a clean environment.actually everything was good about Kss.i also got more experience.

Pros

We got free lunch whenever targets are riched

Cons

We worked normal hours .unless asked to work extra hours sometimes

fun workplace

nice place to work at but is not permanent learned how to market standard bank UCount multicultural workplace,hardest part is not reaching target because of re-dialing the same people so they get frustrated

Cons

no overtime

Bad company

Unfair labour practice. Under minimum wage. Discrimination. Outdated systems and software. Bad managerial skills. Poor work ethic and low morale amoung superiors.

fast paced

Kss cellular is a sales company dealing with credit applications. A typical day would be team meetings in the morning where all sales agents get together and discuss targets for previous day and new targets for the new day. There after agents start phoning their leads as given by team leaders. I learned that sales is a very stressful enviroment but with the right team and leaders in the company you can learn to overcome tough obstacles The managers and sales team leaders were all very competent in the way they deal with the staff you feel like part of a family

Pros

great energy and vibe at the call centre

Daylight robbery

They do not treat you with respect because they know you are desperate for the job, everyone I knew that worked with me resigned because of this. Not a nice place.

Pros

Cons

You are not allowed to go home if your target has not been reached

Great learning stepping stone

I started at Kss in 2010, no experience at all. They taught me all I know today, had about 5 promotions in the time I was there. Yes they are strict but at the end of they they also teach you self control, self motivation and to better your self. Salary all depends on you as a person. If you are willing to work and prove youre self, this is the company for you. From supervisors to management all great people if you do your part. We had a lot of marathon days, and so much fun, there was never a dull moment. There will always be people bad mouthing any company, so if you are willing to prove your self and motivated and in need of a fun inviroment this is a place to start.

Pros

great management

fun workplace

The company is okay based on there welcoming at first, but i did not enjoy the environment and the way they misusing people and the salary was a waste because you never got the amount of money you worked for.

Fun ; Productive

As a new memeber into the Banking Credit Card devision Kss WAs fun ANd productive cause i learned alot about Standard banks credit cards aswell as Diners club International. Knowledge is POWER!

hated it, slave drivers

you really dont want to work for these people, they are slave drivers and pay you nothing. it was the worst job that i have ever done and the people are horrid. you dont want to work for them.

Pros

nothing was a pro here

Cons

they were slave drivers

Challenging Environment

having to look after a team of Quality analysts was the most wonderful 9 to 5 i ever had I learnt how to compromise and how to accomodate certain types of personalities

to work there is not bad problem is the salary

I learn a lot from KSS problem we work hard but salary is not good.and we don't have any benefits working hours are good.and the place is great.money is the problem.

Pros

sumtimes

Cons

is not long

had much learning on how to work with people and understand them

Kss is a very good company they teach you how to work with people and how to handle peolpe and shot out problems also they like you gain knowledge of the corporate world

Pros

15 minutes

Cons

8 hours

Telesales

the employees were under-paid and unfairly dismissed. but the team leaders played a huge role on keeping us positive and reaching our targerts. I worked with wonderful employees and team leaders as well. they'd help you when needed.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

under-paying of employees

a typical day at work

my first as a sales consultant where no proper leads where provided we will just seat most just doing nothing because the product was still new and no leads

Pros

nothing

Cons

Strained work environment, where employers had no respect for the employees

As much as I enjoyed working at this company it was only due to the convenience in terms of travelling. Long hours with many calls to reach the set target.

Pros

Commission

Cons

failure to pay the hard earned comission

prodcutive wokpalce

It was an interesting and productive workplace with motivational targets to get incentives.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Targets had to be reached beyond working hours on the first day

Productive and fun workplace

It's a good place to work if you have good telephone manners. You listen to calls and make notes where or not the call was correctly as per the checklist provided. The co-workers is nice and friendly towards each other. Management is friendly and is willing to help you where ever they can. Hardest part of the job is sitting still with the headphones the whole time. Enjoyable part of the job is when everybody can talk to each other with out any problems.

Lot of fun and reaching target always.

As person who love to sell and talk a lot.Every day was enjoy my job to the fullest.At work we had this big sound system so the supervisor will turn it up so we can have the best energy to make sales and keep on dances and smiling so that the customer can hear that we are in the very happy working environment.The hardest part is went we did not reach target the ceo will call us at the boardroom one by one to start questions.

Pros

yes if i was the first person to make sale today.

Cons

the hours was 8:00 to 18:00

Productive & hard work

I am Thankful for the experience i obtained, my co-workers were very excellent people.My supervisor inspired me a lot and always encouraged us to do better.the hardest Campaign i worked on was selling cellphone packages of a New Network brand.I enjoyed selling credit cards and i always met my targets and only did quality sales.

Pros

coffee breaks

Cons

long hours & no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KSS CELLULAR. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance