Kuehne+Nagel
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Kuehne+Nagel Management reviews

good company with enough resources but does not want to pay their employees.bad management only need to be trained,they have also took my dangerous goods certificates
its a great company with a lot of opportunities in different fields, management very helpful and approachable, ready to listen to one's concerns. if one gets a chance grab it
Pros
good lunc for both and night shifts
Cons
not allowed to use mobile during working hours, except in emergency
Deadline-orientated environment where the client is king. Most things I know about freight forwarding, I learnt at Kuehne + Nagel. Management can be very hands on, and often seek to guide rather than just monitor. Workplace culture is both social and professional. Workload tends to be the biggest challenge; however, employees thrive on customer satisfaction.
Pros
Great social environment
Cons
Great volumes
Great company as a whole but it's Johannesburg and Cape Town branches are unfortunately renowned for favouritism, unfairness based on many criteria. Too many management changes in too short a period led to the morale of staff deteriorating and quitting. I maintained a great relationship with my line manager as well as the MD and my clients but as that changed it became unpleasant under new management. Many managers were operationally minded but lack people skills and talent development.
Typical day at work would be all the hard work, target reaching and working standards What I learned is to always perform at my best and never aim for average Management was good but not strict because I did what was to be done and everything else was fine My co-workers were good and hard workers just like I was and were motivated by me as I was the youngest of them all The hardest part of the job was working more but paid less The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people you that they trusted you in every way
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long tideous hours of work
A typical day is the 9-5 job. I learn that with each client you have to be a chameleon fitting in with they personality. Management are people that don't get to interact with me, our relationship is based on Good Morning and Goodbye. My co-workers and I have a professional relationship that comes with mutual respect. The hardest part is when you have a load of people as if they have been dropped off by a bus(busy reception area, walk in clients, telephone ringing endlessly). The most enjoyable part of my job is being noted and feel appreciated.
Pros
Monthend I get to leave early
Cons
Restrected working hours
. Always busy. . Helps to learn how to cope under pressure. Ability to deal with irate customers. Management is constantly changing, therefore the company structure cannot be defined. Difficult to adapt to the environment, due to the changing management always bring change.
Cons
Long hours, no warnings to working overtime
Generally day to day would be ensuring that all MHE and other equipment was in good working order, taking care of servicing and maintenance. Preparing for audits which were conducted quarterly and booking staff on courses, ie., first aid, fire, H&S. I enjoyed the environment and worked with a great team. Always prepared to help when asked, even if it was not part of their assigned duties. Management was extremely approachable and easy to talk to but did not micro-manage.
I am always earlier than usual so that I can check all emails to see what happened in the night time register all new shipments and advice clients about them Over the years I have learn to respect my clients needs and also my management I have a good relationship with all the people that I am working with The hardest part of my job is not to have the back up from my manager What give me pleasure at work is when I have received an compliment email from my clients to thank me for my hard work and effort that I have put into their shipments
Pros
only lunch time and that i also bring at my desk
Cons
i am at work round about 7am and leave about 16:45
Its a challenging field, as its ranked 2nd in the world, regarding Freight and Fowarding. Hard work is expected by the company to all indivisuals within the company. It actually grooms you as a person to limits you have never thought of reaching due to the team work and duties are set out by the company. Overall Its strong market position lies in the sea freight, air freight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated solutions.” The performances of K+N’s sea freight and air freight business units are again the main pillars of success. In both areas, high internal productivity and strict cost management compensated for the costs of investments made in technology and product development and strengthening of niche segments. My review personally, this company has took the best out me, and has showed me over the couple of months that dedication is the only key when one is looking for success.
Pros
Free social meetings
Cons
Long hours with no overtime provided.
It was 2004 Dec and we were to carry our first major stock take and I was few months in the position of receiving supervisor and filing system or documents storage in my office was poorly stored. My manager was so furious because I could provide documents and answers to them at the right time and I was so embarrassed. with the help of my managers PA I could develop effective filing structure (sequential) and my manager at kuehne & nagel and management at large were helpful and supportive to their staff. I am a team player and having the ability to work well with others. The hardest part was to control absenteeism and monitoring sick and annual leaves because employees were to submit themselves and headquarters were in JHB. we enjoyed having the whole week to rest when we worked Saturday and Sunday 6/6.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Files can get complecated how to work with diferent people relationship with management at all times wonderful colliques
Cons
What i learn: team work. Work under pressure and good communication management: my manage is such a kind person, understanding and like to us growing. My co-workers: even its hard i try my best to understand them, work place is a work place left your stress on the gate and pick it on ur way out. Hardest part of the job comes onec a monthe to me. only monthend, when my manage want a monthly report. The most enjoyible part of the job is when my boss say "well done"