Kumba Iron Ore

Kumba Iron Ore Employee Reviews

At first you will sruggle but when settled grate fun love the poeple for all Leaon Beukes & dave Hatting Grate supervisors (petrol work shop)

I have worked at Petrol workshop and love it. Lots of work experiences done there. i would love to go back the people are fun to work with if there is work that there always are it hands on and do it. Production must go on you work under presser the hole time. I loved working there.

Pros

Pay less for food at the kafee

Cons

standby at petrol work shop

Bossy management

My colleagues and I struggled with some of the management. For example, when working night shift, one need to end shift 08:00am, but certain managers will force you to stay till 12:00during the day. When making mistakes, or your team makes mistakes,you will be reported at head office, while there were senior management at the premises.

Kumba is a very good company.

I was working on the pitviper drills, and p&h shovels for 15 years, i enjoyed it very much. I am a hard worker and loyal team worker. I would be very glad.

At Kumba we as electricians we take our daily job cards and completed our jobs as per job card. Housekeeping Leadership skills Punctuality Working in a team Health And Safety

Productive work place

Big and good company to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the safety measurements and precautions. I enjoyed working in the electrical devision.

Productive and safe

I was an Apprentice here. Learned lots of skills including: Electrical and electronic Fault Finding Fitting Hydraulics Programmable logic controllers etc.

Pros

Good growth opportunities

Cons

Long Hours

productive and fun working enviroment

the working culture was that which encouraged growth as an individual. the organisational culture helped me to aspire to better myself academically, thereby furthering my studies.

Responsibilities at work

As a drill assistant my duties were to assist the Drill operator, I had to show him/her where to drill, show him/her the way when relocating a drill, take samples after a hole was drilled, clean the drill and do ADHOC jobs.

Pros

Nice working shifts

Plant

I worked in the Plant, I worked in the electrical department on washing and screening plant. I had 4 colleague's each one had his own plant to take care off. I worked with students a lot having to teach them on job training and giving them challengers to and asking them questions of what they learned for the day. We always helped each other if there was break downs or helped each other with standby. the hardest part of the job was when you had a break down and it is job that you can't do alone on standby and the plant is standing.

Productive and fun workplace

Very satisfied. Enjoyed working on the mine, would love to work there again. Love being able to work and to supply my baby with everything he needs. I need to work, cant sit at home all the time doing nothing

Pros

Vouchers

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kumba Iron Ore?

Educational

Good day to day production schedules Good relationships between employees and management Educationally beneficial towards employees Honourable ten golden rules

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Environment

Full of experience

Long manual labor hours. How to have stamina and determination. Very strict. Very strict. Physical work. Gained theoretical and practical experience and life skill

Pros

Free grocery and vouchers

The company was productive and I enjoyed working at Kumba

The values of the company if all employees apply them all parties will reach their objectives. Safety of all employees should come first before production.

Pros

We should respect time at work.

Cons

Reasonable over time and we avoid fatigue at work.

Good place to learn you job specs and tactics

I learned alot about my job at kumba iron ore and alot of tactics aswell. The problem i had about the place is that we didnt get equal chances when coming to lifting ourselves and learning further.

Good Company to work for

You get your calm days and your wild days but I have learned to handle it as they come. Hardest part of the job is to maintain adequate stock as there is a huge fluctuation in demand and at the same time keeping within stock budget. The most enjoyable part is the support you get from management as well as the end users and you learn something new every day.

For me a productive day is were problems are solved and also how to implement new strategy to avoid it for the future. The hardest part of the job is not to ensure all materials get on site but that its is timely delivered. In our 21 century the commitment from suppliers are not always as promise. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I'm part of the big picture that ensure the infinite flow of production.

Pros

You learn a lot from buying/expiditing

Very productive and great people to work with

I liked haul the overburden than the Iron ore. I learned allot during my time at Kumba, interpersonal skills, safety, and made me much stronger as woman to work in such kind of environment. The mine is more male than female and that was most challenging, but managed to get along with them as I`m a great team player. The most enjoyable thing is to end the shift accident free.

Pros

Cons

Long hours 6 to 6

it is a productive an interesting work place where safety always comes first

Distribution if diesel to all the drills is my daily routine. Always be your brothers keeper look out for each other.the hardest part is when I have to make plans on my own on how to enter a block get to the drill in a safe manner. What I enjoy most about my work is that I get to interact with different people during my shift and I also get to drive through the whole mine to get to the drills and observe the different setups in the mine very interesting.

Enhancing Productivitu

Kumba provides a platform that encourages performance, planning executing against your plan and support if there are challenges to delivery against the plan. The bonus incentives for achieving targets also encourages employees to drive performance.

Pros

Targeted bonus incentives

Cons

Remote location of mining towns

Roductive Work place

A working day was good. Everyone worked together, my co-workers and I, all had a good relationship. The hardest part of the job was the night shift. Me and my co-workers had a lot of fun together as well as work hard when we had to. I enjoyed the part the most where I now I am needed and that my work makes a difference and I can help and do my part

Dynamic and lesson filled working environment and cohesive team work

Dynamic work environment, where systematic prioritization is one of many ways to ensure that no task suffers as a result of the other. Unplanned critical and urgent tasks are optimally allocated and shred to ensure efficient delivery. Lessons come from daily operations, which include strategic planning in cost constrained environment, while ensuring stakeholder satisfaction. Teamwork has enabled each of the members to achieve individually set performance targets and even to exceed them, due to the efficiency in planning and synergies as well as individual diligence. Working hard and by continuously investigating more efficient yet effective methods of completing tasks, enables one to have adequate time to engage on non-commercial activities, which provide an opportunity to recharge and remain energetic to deliver at optimum levels. Team activities such as walks to grab a cup of coffee as a team, quarterly planning sessions out of office brings a sense of accountability/ownership and takes away the sense of duty. this allows for diligence while enjoying my job. Acknowledgement of good work by management is a great motivation for me, equally constrictive criticism is both value adding and character and career building. Access to management is a cherry on top.

Pros

Continuous lessons on running a multinational business.

Cons

Volatile industry, which requires flexibility to survive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumba Iron Ore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2