Kumba Iron Ore
4,2 out of 5 stars.
View all Kumba Iron Ore reviews

Kumba Iron Ore

Kumba Iron Ore Employee Review

Kumba Iron Ore looked after me for nearly 16 years. I have only good things to say about the company. Management provided a platform for me to grow. I also managed to complete my studies whilst employed at Kumba Iron Ore. The working hours are perfect. It allowed for a balance of work and leisure. Management also allowed me to run a lot of the Wellness programmes of keeping the employees active and healthy. I used to arranged running, walking, spinning teams. This was greatly enjoyed by all levels of management. I would recommend Kumba Iron Ore to any young aspiring professional or Engineering graduate to join the Kumba team. Due to the economic down turn within the broader South African environment and the prices of Iron Ore prices dropping, a number of us were offered the voluntary retrenchment packages. I opted to take the voluntary package. I would go back to Kumba any time if were offered a position again.

Pros

The company provide free cellphone, free lunches and motor vehicle allowances.

Cons

Working hours were great

5,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
5,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
5,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
5,0 out of 5 stars for Management
5,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Productive workplace

Kumba is like a family. It is a corporate environment with supportive co-workers and management. Friendly environment.

Pros

Free lunch and parking

Cons

Retrencments
Same location

My day is normally admin orientated, with typing of memo's, letters, minutes, flight bookings, managing my manager's dairy, etc. Our project team is in Kathu and work their on the Sishen Western Expansion Project. I have good communication skills and I can interact with all race groups and with people from all walks of life. I like working with people. The hardest part is to keep everyone all the time satisfied.

Challenging

A lot of travelling on a daily basis, challenging working envrionment.

Pros

travelling

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumba Iron Ore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Kumba Iron Ore
  • Kumba Iron Ore is a productive and a fun company to work for. Management are always supportive and encouraging their subordinates to excel.