Kumba Iron Ore

Procurement Analyst1 review
South Africa1 review

3.3Job Security & Advancement

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 89 reviews

Kumba Iron Ore is a productive and a fun company to work for. Management are always supportive and encouraging their subordinates to excel.

Kumba Iron Ore looked after me for nearly 16 years. I have only good things to say about the company. Management provided a platform for me to grow. I also managed to complete my studies whilst employed at Kumba Iron Ore. The working hours are perfect. It allowed for a balance of work and leisure. Management also allowed me to run a lot of the Wellness programmes of keeping the employees active and healthy. I used to arranged running, walking, spinning teams. This was greatly enjoyed by all levels of management. I would recommend Kumba Iron Ore to any young aspiring professional or Engineering graduate to join the Kumba team. Due to the economic down turn within the broader South African environment and the prices of Iron Ore prices dropping, a number of us were offered the voluntary retrenchment packages. I opted to take the voluntary package. I would go back to Kumba any time if were offered a position again.

Pros

The company provide free cellphone, free lunches and motor vehicle allowances.

Cons

Working hours were great

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kumba Iron Ore?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumba Iron Ore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2