Kumba Iron Ore

South Africa87 reviews

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,3Job Security & Advancement

Kumba is a very good company.

I was working on the pitviper drills, and p&h shovels for 15 years, i enjoyed it very much. I am a hard worker and loyal team worker. I would be very glad.

At Kumba we as electricians we take our daily job cards and completed our jobs as per job card. Housekeeping Leadership skills Punctuality Working in a team Health And Safety

productive and fun working enviroment

the working culture was that which encouraged growth as an individual. the organisational culture helped me to aspire to better myself academically, thereby furthering my studies.

Full of experience

Long manual labor hours. How to have stamina and determination. Very strict. Very strict. Physical work. Gained theoretical and practical experience and life skill

Pros

Free grocery and vouchers

Cons

Dynamic and lesson filled working environment and cohesive team work

Dynamic work environment, where systematic prioritization is one of many ways to ensure that no task suffers as a result of the other. Unplanned critical and urgent tasks are optimally allocated and shred to ensure efficient delivery. Lessons come from daily operations, which include strategic planning in cost constrained environment, while ensuring stakeholder satisfaction. Teamwork has enabled each of the members to achieve individually set performance targets and even to exceed them, due to the efficiency in planning and synergies as well as individual diligence. Working hard and by continuously investigating more efficient yet effective methods of completing tasks, enables one to have adequate time to engage on non-commercial activities, which provide an opportunity to recharge and remain energetic to deliver at optimum levels. Team activities such as walks to grab a cup of coffee as a team, quarterly planning sessions out of office brings a sense of accountability/ownership and takes away the sense of duty. this allows for diligence while enjoying my job. Acknowledgement of good work by management is a great motivation for me, equally constrictive criticism is both value adding and character and career building. Access to management is a cherry on top.

Pros

Continuous lessons on running a multinational business.

Cons

Volatile industry, which requires flexibility to survive.

Opportunity to advance

Its a place one can never regret working at. You have a platform to learn so many things. The company caters for so many opportunities

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

No long hours

washing and screening plant

I really enjoyed working at kumba,the most enjoyable part of the job was when I was given a chance to work with electricity

Learn a lot

I was a haul truck operator and enjoyed my work I was retrenched in April 2016 I did a basic management course to help you further to become a first line manager sometimes I helped the foreman with basic admin work

Normal

It is a great company to work with , it is just job security is not secured. Good experience achieved. Need more clarrity on issues concerning employees.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Job security

Unceertain economic tims

Good company, good salaries, benefits, and bonusses but uncertainty as commodity prices dwindle. isdhffiasb nfviasbv bsbnvlkbn vlkansvlnavf aiifjfvnipabnv vnanvnsvnsv;snvoksnv sdvnmk nkmzncxzncfnnxcn dfbisjdff jjnbsdffpijnsdv

Kumba Iron Ore is a productive and a fun company to work for. Management are always supportive and encouraging their subordinates to excel.

Kumba Iron Ore looked after me for nearly 16 years. I have only good things to say about the company. Management provided a platform for me to grow. I also managed to complete my studies whilst employed at Kumba Iron Ore. The working hours are perfect. It allowed for a balance of work and leisure. Management also allowed me to run a lot of the Wellness programmes of keeping the employees active and healthy. I used to arranged running, walking, spinning teams. This was greatly enjoyed by all levels of management. I would recommend Kumba Iron Ore to any young aspiring professional or Engineering graduate to join the Kumba team. Due to the economic down turn within the broader South African environment and the prices of Iron Ore prices dropping, a number of us were offered the voluntary retrenchment packages. I opted to take the voluntary package. I would go back to Kumba any time if were offered a position again.

Pros

The company provide free cellphone, free lunches and motor vehicle allowances.

Cons

Working hours were great

Health care is not a priority with this company

I enjoyed my time very much with this company and learned alot about myself and my career in the time spent there. Hardest part of the job was to work in extremely high and low temperatures out in the mine

Challenging environment which forces one to grow

Kumba is a dynamic and challenging place to work. The best thing about Kumba is it's people - it is like a big family. Kumba gives great development opportunities. The exposure that one receives if one is willing and capable, is invaluable.

Pros

Bonuses, share plan, medical aid, housing, retirement fund, group life cover

Great environment

The position was contract based, we had limited exposure to the company culture and management.

Employees safety and production is first priority

I get to work and arrange my managers diary and help all the employees and their quieries. I do not procrastinate my work in order for me to meet my deadlines and avoid and mishap. The hardest part of the Job is to sit in the meeting and all the managers speak in Afrikaans and i must translate it as i take notes. The most enjoyable part of the job is that i can talk to my manager freely and he listens to me and gives me advise and i get along with all the people i work with.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

No promotions

The company to work for

A good company to work for. Training and development offered to employees. Safety, teamwork all in the same page. The job was enjoyable interesting as you learn more and more everyday.

Pros

safety first

Cons

Fare working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumba Iron Ore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance