Kumba Iron Ore

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,8Pay & Benefits

Productive and safe

I was an Apprentice here. Learned lots of skills including: Electrical and electronic Fault Finding Fitting Hydraulics Programmable logic controllers etc.

Pros

Good growth opportunities

Cons

Long Hours

Bossy management

My colleagues and I struggled with some of the management. For example, when working night shift, one need to end shift 08:00am, but certain managers will force you to stay till 12:00during the day. When making mistakes, or your team makes mistakes,you will be reported at head office, while there were senior management at the premises.

productive and fun working enviroment

the working culture was that which encouraged growth as an individual. the organisational culture helped me to aspire to better myself academically, thereby furthering my studies.

Productive and fun workplace

Very satisfied. Enjoyed working on the mine, would love to work there again. Love being able to work and to supply my baby with everything he needs. I need to work, cant sit at home all the time doing nothing

Pros

Vouchers

Full of experience

Long manual labor hours. How to have stamina and determination. Very strict. Very strict. Physical work. Gained theoretical and practical experience and life skill

Pros

Free grocery and vouchers

Cons

Very productive and great people to work with

I liked haul the overburden than the Iron ore. I learned allot during my time at Kumba, interpersonal skills, safety, and made me much stronger as woman to work in such kind of environment. The mine is more male than female and that was most challenging, but managed to get along with them as I`m a great team player. The most enjoyable thing is to end the shift accident free.

Pros

Cons

Long hours 6 to 6

Roductive Work place

A working day was good. Everyone worked together, my co-workers and I, all had a good relationship. The hardest part of the job was the night shift. Me and my co-workers had a lot of fun together as well as work hard when we had to. I enjoyed the part the most where I now I am needed and that my work makes a difference and I can help and do my part

It is a big company , good to for and safe.

The company has different sections which I got to explore, it's an open cast. I got to work with big trucks and different mining equipment, the people I worked with were willing to share information with me and help me be the kind of millwright I am.

Pros

Learned a lot

Cons

12hours shifts

Opportunity to advance

Its a place one can never regret working at. You have a platform to learn so many things. The company caters for so many opportunities

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

No long hours

Learn a lot

I was a haul truck operator and enjoyed my work I was retrenched in April 2016 I did a basic management course to help you further to become a first line manager sometimes I helped the foreman with basic admin work

productive & hard working person

im looking forward to work and share the experience I have among the people I will be working with at your company & adhere to the safety rules & obey to the rules of the company

Pros

own food

Cons

long hour as required

Good Work Environment to learn what you need to learn

Work should be done well most of the time. Report any unwanted events at the Mine. Learning the Employees about work environment and the people.

Pros

Days without LTI's we braai

Cons

Overtime

Normal

It is a great company to work with , it is just job security is not secured. Good experience achieved. Need more clarrity on issues concerning employees.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Job security

Safety and progress on all departments

I have learned that working as a team always brings good results,where you bring ideas together to find the route cause of breakdown on the equipment.Working with different races was something important to me.I enjoy bringing the equipment to production.

Unceertain economic tims

Good company, good salaries, benefits, and bonusses but uncertainty as commodity prices dwindle. isdhffiasb nfviasbv bsbnvlkbn vlkansvlnavf aiifjfvnipabnv vnanvnsvnsv;snvoksnv sdvnmk nkmzncxzncfnnxcn dfbisjdff jjnbsdffpijnsdv

productive good work enviroment

always busy,new ways to do testing on plants,good management,friendly co_workers,time schedule,team work as family

Pros

braai fridays

Cons

brake downs

like a family

i start my day completing the safety charts as the first person at work starting 6 o clock in the morning its always nice to see all my co-workers greating and wishing them a good days work.

Pros

vouchers

Cons

retrenchment

In a typical day, my day is exciting. Have a dynamic team, very happy and friendly bunch of people. They will go the extra mile to achieve the job.

Challenging environment which forces one to grow

Kumba is a dynamic and challenging place to work. The best thing about Kumba is it's people - it is like a big family. Kumba gives great development opportunities. The exposure that one receives if one is willing and capable, is invaluable.

Pros

Bonuses, share plan, medical aid, housing, retirement fund, group life cover

Great environment

The position was contract based, we had limited exposure to the company culture and management.

A proactive work experience

I have learnt a great deal from Kumba Iron Ore. They offer great learning opportunities and drive good values. The work ethics is very transparent and keeps people honest and motivated to drive to excellence. I truly enjoy working as a team that feels like family who look after each other and support each other in the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumba Iron Ore. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance