Kumon

Kumon Employee Reviews

South Africa33 reviews

4,2Work-Life Balance

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 3 636 reviews

I enjoyed working there as you are always equiped and have training more regularly

You are trained to deal with kids differently and how to manage their tike whilst working.You need to develop a relationship with the kids you are dealing with so that you able to help them overcome their challenges without fear

Pros

The kids are always ahead of their age mates at school

Cons

Kids are not relaxed when its a new subject introduced yo them

dense and tense

the entire environment was awfully stressful, i had no guidance to adjust and learn, when i asked for help, i was met with unprofessional manners. a atypical day at work, a different tutor and i would come in and set up where she did her best to help me whereas the manager of the Kumon always came in late and left without any kind of staff communication and did not even inform me of renumeration. I enjoyed working with the kids and helping them adjust to their work. other than that, working at Kumon was not a good experience.

Baie goeie werksplek

Goeie mense met n passie vir kinders wat bereid is om alles in te sit om die kinders te help. Die werk wat die kinders doen of kry is uitstekend veral die verskillende vlakke wat n mens kry

No Growth

Worked for four years with no growth it’s more about gaining experience not a job to build a career if you have a family one would not be able to survive

Kumon south Africa

The Kumon I worked for was in South Africa. I enjoyed interacting with the children. I collected their homework books. Checked marked and recorded their daily work. Reissued work . Issued, marked and assesed tests. Worked one on one with the children where necessarynecessary, esoecially the lower grades.

fun and fast paced

The best part about Kumon are the amazing kids you get to work with as well as the journey you get to share with them to becoming independent This journey is not just about them,but about you as well.There are so many things you discover about yourself as an individual that may definately play a huge role in your future.It is a journey of growth,hard work,even a few tears here and there.

Its a very supportive environment.

The center helps students with mathematics and English language. It is doing a great job in the community of Mafikeng. The students enjoy their learning.

Fun working environment

It was a place where I enjoyed working with young children and helping them with there work. Being the best teacher possible for the children under my care

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Salary

Helping children learn more

At kumon we strive to help children obtain as much knoledge in maths and english as we possibly can we love teaching them new ways to understant their maths and english

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Not much pay

Productive and fun workplace.

Typically we start the day by marking and reviewing the work the kids have done on previous days. When the kids arrive we give them classwork, homework and corrections that they have to do. After they have done everything we do a backpage with them, which means that we see how well they can think on their feet. These backpages differ depending on what subject they are doing: Maths or English or both.

Pros

Very close to where I live.

Cons

May get frustrated if I do not know how to help a specific child.

Supportive and positive work environment

Working closely with staff to ensure the improvement of a child’s ability in maths and English is very rewarding. The staff work well together and we all have the same goal. To improve our service for the betterment of the child. My boss has passion for teaching that she shares with her staff and keeping the largest Kumon Centre in South Africa operating at its optimum is a team effort.

Pros

Making a difference in a child’s life, cake once a month

Good

Always a great day and excited to be among the children because i love kids. I have gained a lot of experience working with different race and appreciate the cultures.

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Not applicable

Fun workplace, productive, diverse community

Kumon is a well balanced program, witch helps children excel in mathematics, English and Afrikaans. I think it is a great program for children to learn mathematics all do they do not have a problem.

Insightful

I learnt a lot during the experience - a mix of good and bad

Pros

Children were amazing

Cons

Pay was horrible

My own business

As this was my own business it is hard to rate. The overall business was teaching children which was a bonus for me. The reason i stopped was due to the competition in the area.

It will do for now.

KUMON is a good working environment, although considering the salary and benefits it is a " temporary" kind of job. I do however enjoy working with the children and my colleagues.

Fun filled days with excellent children.

No 2 days are the same. Very dynamic and fun. If you don't like children this is definitely not for you. This is a mental draining job. Needs of students are always changing.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Can get extremely busy

Productive Fun work place

Kumon taught me to handle many different types of jobs at once, it taught me to multitask well keeping an eye on the kids and doing what I require to progress the kids.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

No Cons

Productive Working Environment

Kumon is a very proffesional company that is well maintained. The kids loved coming to Kumon and I even learned allot of thing at Kumon. The owner of the Blairgowrie franchise is very nice boss who takes care of her employees

lovely child enhancing environment

Kumon is great because it teaches children maths in a fun and easy way. The learners end up finding maths to be very fun and easy Working at this company gave me great experience with working with children on a one on one basis. I certainly enjoyed seeing them grow every time they came

Pros

Workking hours are flexible

Cons

working days are only two a week

A productive place to work

It is always busy at Kumon. There is always work to be done. I have learned how to deal with multiple problems at once and how to solve them quickly and efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 3 636 reviews